My Job, My Hell...

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Laager

Re: My Job, My Hell...

Post by Laager » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:25 pm

Lil: Can you call and move my upcoming appointment to a day that I am not working?

Me: Sure, I'll text you as soon as I get it squared away.

Lil: No call me after you put it in the calendar.

Now for some odd reason, my phone and Lil's phone are linked. So when she takes pictures, I see them, when she schedules something on the and puts it on the calendar it shows up on my phone. Same thing for when I do it

Lil: Hi when is did you schedule the appointment for?

Me: December 7, 2020 at 0700hrs.

Lil: Why in the heck did you make an appointment for me at 7.00 o'clock in the morning.

Me: Well it worked for the Japanese.

For some odd reason she hung up on me. Then I received a phone call from every woman in my family. Noona is coming over to keep an eye on me.

In my defense I thought it was funny.
“Complacency kills. Paranoia is the reason I’m still alive.” If we do happen to make contact, I expect nothing less than gratuitous violence from the lot of ya.

Laager

Post by Laager » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:56 am

No good deed goes unpunished. Two of my brothers came to town on their yearly pilgrimage to visit our parents. So we went out to our sister's house (while she is off on vacation) and sat out on the back porch. Cold beer and premium cigars (Cubans), and a metric boat load of firearms.

I kept thinking the entire time that this was one of those, hold my beer/watch this and was waiting for the other shoe to drop. Lil is still of at work and my brother(s) called her and told her that they wanted me to go out with them to our sisters house.

So with Lil, Sam, Bec and Noona's encouragement out I went. Now out of all my brothers these are the only two that I actually like.

When I came in the house, I was told to call Lil, that she needed to talk to me. They told me to call her in the morning.

Why do I hear ominous music playing in the background? Why do I have that feeling that Karma is going to bite me right in the rear end?
“Complacency kills. Paranoia is the reason I’m still alive.” If we do happen to make contact, I expect nothing less than gratuitous violence from the lot of ya.

Laager

Post by Laager » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:40 pm

Well now, it turned out that the ominous music was in fact El toque a degüello.

I called Lil in the morning, after breakfast, that was strangely quite and they made French toast with extra crispy bacon. I know there is no such thing as "extra" bacon, but there was more bacon that usual.

Now, comes the part where the Gameunjang-ag threw me under the bus.

Now here's the deal:

Sitting on my desk was a NIB Zev-09. In order to get this very, very nice pistol, I have to agree to let Lil's Mom come stay with us for a year.

Honestly I'm considering telling them (Lil, Bec, Sam, Noona and the Wicked Witch of the West) all to pack sand. I don't think the bribe is worth the price.
Last edited by Laager on Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:07 pm

Laager wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:40 pm
Well now, it turned out that the ominous music was in fact El toque a degüello.

I called Lil in the morning, after breakfast, that was strangely quite and they made French toast with extra crispy bacon. I know there is no such thing as "extra" bacon, but there was more bacon that usual.

Now, comes the part where the Gameunjang-ag threw me under the bus.

Now here's the deal:

Sitting on my desk was a NIB Zev-09. In order to get this very, very nice pistol, I have to agree to let Lil's Mom come stay with us for a year.

Honestly I'm considering tell them (Lil, Bec, Sam, Noona and the Wicked Witch of the West) all to pack sand. I don't think the bribe is worth the price.
Given what I know of your MIL that you've shared with us over the years, I'd probably turn down a Zev-09 as well. And this is coming from the guy who wouldn't mind a free one of those.

I had to look those up and man they're nice, but damn they're expensive. None of my guns even come close to the price of a ZEV-09. Not even my AK which I'm sure I overpaid for in 2014.

Laager

Post by Laager » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:46 am

You are 100% correct, I had "heard" of them, but never actually saw one for sale. Dang but it is certainly are beautiful. One of the few times any female in my family has ever pushed me to go to the range.

Darn thing probably can do better by itself, than with me behind the trigger. I'm afraid to even open the carrying case. I managed to hold them off by saying it would be a sacrilege to put that pistol in anything other than a leather holster. I have some Kydex that works for my other Glocks, but this thing is way to nice to slap in a kydex holster.

I'm holding out, but barely. I honestly think that Lil was adopted, because her mother is just mean as heck, spiteful woman and greedy. She gets along real well with my Father and Mother. Birds of a feather flock together.

I told her (Lil's mom) that if all it took to keep her alive was me to breathe normally I would hold my darn breath until she died. Even if it meant I died as well.

CG

Post by CG » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:35 pm

Laager wrote:

Honestly I'm considering tell them (Lil, Bec, Sam, Noona and the Wicked Witch of the West) all to pack sand. I don't think the bribe is worth the price.
Well..time for a massive road trip to visit people all over the country for a year?
Mater tua caligas gerit!

...I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to what I was thinking.

Laager

Post by Laager » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:11 pm

CG wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:35 pm
Laager wrote:

Well..time for a massive road trip to visit people all over the country for a year?

I was actually leaning that way, but I can barely escape the house as it is without "adult" supervision. I was thinking a run to Southern Alabama, Shalimar Florida, Fort Benning, then over to Altus AFB, then Luke AFB.

Then I realized that would actually give her "alone time" with my stuff. It is hard enough dealing with my Father and Mother, but the three of them are enough to make a man want to wrestle a polar bear, or actually step in front of a train.

Her mom (Nanay) has not liked me since Lil took me home to meet her parents and her brothers, their wives, then her uncles and their wives and that was just on her Father's side. Her Dad was a really nice guy, he was in the Philippine resistance movement (Kilusan ng Paglaban sa Pilipinas) during the Japanese occupation of the Philippines in World War II. Took part in the Raid at Cabanatuan, then went to work for the U.S. Navy at Subic Bay Naval Base until he retired. When Lil stopped sending money home to her mom, her mom was not happy. I know her dad was on Lil's side, but her mom was and is all about money.

She usually makes the rounds between her surviving children, two boys and two girls but it never really lasts. When I point out that it is because she is a huge PITA (Pain in the A$$) and not in a good way, I am told to let it slide.

I'm angling towards a combination of new sets of leather holsters for the pistol, two additional firearms of my choice within a years time (outside my allowance spending), she is not allowed to go anywhere near my shop, and if she does (also if she colludes with the enemy across the street) I can let my dog bite the every loving stuffing out of all of them (my Father, Mother and her Mother) without any repercussions. I can hide in the shop whenever Lil goes to work without me.

Return to “Survival Experiences”