My Job, My Hell...

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Laager

Re: My Job, My Hell...

Post by Laager » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:34 pm

Well I am still trying to figure out why I caught a spoon to the head, along with Dean, Jeff and Tony. Now I know exactly why Tony (as he lives to say he was a Marine, then he changed branches and went Air Force) caught the spoon.

Evidently (and my money is on the Air Force and not the Marine Corp) Tony over to Dean's parents house (he was hitting on one of Dean's sisters) and was showing her his new Beretta M9A3 and somehow managed to pull a negligent discharge.

Due to his excellent marksmanship he managed to kill Dean's Mom's brand new LG $848.00usd high speed low drag turbo washing machine that was less (Dean, his wife, my wife Lil and I, along Jeff and his wife purchased for her on Mother's Day) than 3 months old.

One round right to the computer system and that was all she wrote. The spoon came out and people fled the immediate area.

Unfortunately, Dean and I did not find out until Sunday at the family dinner. Evidently she made Tony make her a Clearing Barrel and has a new policy covering firearms inside her house. Use the cleaning barrel or lose the firearms.

I'm still trying to figure out how she new who carried what and how many. Maybe after the knot on my head goes down I can figure it out, but right now I am staying away till she puts the wooden spoon up.

At least the women found it funny, to see grown men running from an elderly 85 year old female, wielding a spoon with, I believe the word they used was with vigor.
“Complacency kills. Paranoia is the reason I’m still alive.” If we do happen to make contact, I expect nothing less than gratuitous violence from the lot of ya.

emclean
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido
Zombieland

Post by emclean » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:42 am

Laager wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:34 pm
Well I am still trying to figure out why I caught a spoon to the head, along with Dean, Jeff and Tony. Now I know exactly why Tony (as he lives to say he was a Marine, then he changed branches and went Air Force) caught the spoon.
Gilt by association. you know him, so somehow you share in the blame.
almost every married man (and many unmarried) have enjoyed it.

Laager

Post by Laager » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:37 pm

emclean wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:42 am
Laager wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:34 pm
Gilt by association. you know him, so somehow you share in the blame.
almost every married man (and many unmarried) have enjoyed it.
You are probably correct, strangely enough James managed to not catch a spoon. But I did point out that he had a "hide out". We had to leave our EDC pistols on the table. I felt like I was in the principle's office. She was not happy, at least he has to pay to have a new one brought out.

Every cloud (or wooden spoon) has a silver lining, I finally got my hands on a WIlson Rogers tuned 1911. Farking James has two, a full sized government and a commander.

Of course there were a few Glock single stacks, and my lone S&W Model 4006. My answer to Dean and James pushing single stack 9mm and .45acp Glocks.
“Complacency kills. Paranoia is the reason I’m still alive.” If we do happen to make contact, I expect nothing less than gratuitous violence from the lot of ya.

Laager

Post by Laager » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:35 pm

It is Sunday again!! Lucky me, we are going back to Dean's parents house for Sunday diner. Unfortunately my Father and Mother are attending. I'm going to leave my EDC in the truck.

Return to “Survival Experiences”