You're attacked just feet from your front door

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Enter_Narne

You're attacked just feet from your front door

Post by Enter_Narne » Thu May 10, 2012 5:06 pm

You're sprinting for your life through the darkened neighborhood.

Your mind is flooded with terror.

Someone is chasing you and you know he will be on you before you get to the front door of your home. He's insanely fast.

Your mind races.

If you had a firearm on you, you would have the upper hand, but you decided not to carry it to the school play tonight. Same goes for your knife and pepper spray. You've basically neutralized yourself.

Your mind screams.

You don't know why this guy has chosen you as a target, you only know that he is way way bigger than you. In self defense training they taught you it's better to avoid a fight, if you can, than to take a gamble and try to survive a fight with an opponent with an obvious advantage.

For every one of your running footsteps you can hear two of his. It will only be a few seconds until he's on you. You've made it within a few feet of the front door of your-

BAM!!! The sound is the first sensation. The sound of his body ramming into yours.

---PAUSE---

Okay. This guy is about to do horrible things to you, but before that happens let's assess the situation. Luckily, you had the forethought to implement a few security measures at the front of your home in case of just such an event. Since no one is inside your home, it's up to you and your security measures to save your ass. You have no idea what kind of weapons this guy has or his abilities.

So what security measures did you put in place?

I'll start.
You installed a motion activated flood light that turned on a second ago. At least you can see now.

Your turn.

Once we've put in sufficient security measures to save your ass, I'll press ---PLAY--- again and we'll see how this scenario ends.

edit: And just to let you know... you WILL survive this scenario, we just have to figure out how you do.

I had to add that bit because I felt the scenario has caused much stress in the replies it has received so far.
Last edited by Enter_Narne on Thu May 10, 2012 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: You're attacked just feet from your front door

Post by jamoni » Thu May 10, 2012 5:40 pm

I installed Ninjas.
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

KentsOkay
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by KentsOkay » Thu May 10, 2012 5:42 pm

Roll natural 20's and use feat "Five Point Palm Open Palm Exploding Heart".
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

bae

Post by bae » Thu May 10, 2012 5:47 pm

I'm middle aged, and have a bad ankle and can't run.

So I cut him off me with my Bowie knife, to make time and space to draw my firearm, then I continue stopping the threat, hopefully before my wife wakes up, releases the hounds, and takes the flank with her AR. She hates it when I wake her that way.

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Thu May 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Why is the only real answer to this and so many other WWYDs to die horribly.

Why must all the hoops be on fire?

Enter_Narne

Post by Enter_Narne » Thu May 10, 2012 5:51 pm

Well, I was wondering how other people have set up, or want to set up, the front of their homes for attacks like this. I thought it would be fun to put it into some sort of story.

Remember, in this scenario, you've removed all your firearms, knives, and other weapons and no one is in your home right now.

Frosty709
Favorite Zombie Movies: most of them

Post by Frosty709 » Thu May 10, 2012 5:52 pm

Well, just feet from my door is a BBQ (use the big ol brush), or grab the broom that's there.

If it goes to the ground, I'll just grab the nearest rock, whack it across the attackers head, get up, make sure they're stayin down, contact the fuzz.
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote: Sorry.

Look at it this way. At least you aren't a zombie.

Or Pimpslick. :lol:
Follow me on twitter?

LyraJean
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (Sidney Poitier)
Shaun of the Dead
ZombieLand

Post by LyraJean » Thu May 10, 2012 5:57 pm

I live in an upstairs apartment and my front door is right by the stairs. The stairs are concrete and go straight down. So it's one flight and not two. I'd do my best to push him down the stairs. Or else call on the neighbors and hope someone comes out to help or at least calls the police.
My blog: Beyond Tourism: Florida's Yesteryear A blog about Florida History

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Thu May 10, 2012 5:59 pm

Kommander wrote:Why is the only real answer to this and so many other WWYDs to die horribly.
I thought the answer was to wake up, because it sounds like a nightmare.

Yeah, I die in this scenario, unless I can grab one of those solar-powered lights and jab it into his eye socket or something.
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Thu May 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Call for the Duty NCO and the other guys from my platoon to come whoops some ass. My apartment (barracks room) is empty, but the rest of the barracks has to have at least six drunk, angry Marines in it.

I'm kind of curious as to what you're looking for. Assuming I have a house, then is there a garage? Am I stuck outside for some reason? Why don't I have a cell phone, so I can call the 5-0 and try to get inside? Inside means I have barricades, gun, and the castle element on my hands while the police show up. Under no circumstances am I: 1. getting into this situation and 2. Trying to brawl it out in my front yard. That's a recipe for disaster.

To reiterate: fuck who ever is chasing me. Goal one is to get inside, lock the door, and get a gun. Goal two is to call the police and hole up in a barricaded area with one "funnel of death" avenue of approach. Goal three is to greet the police, unarmed, file a report, lock up, and have a drink.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Thu May 10, 2012 6:42 pm

Yeah, this is a pretty bad scenario. I mean,
1. Most people that can catch me can't whoop my ass, and vice versa.
2. I'd have at least a knife on me.
3. The only reason I'd be running is because he displayed overwhelming force, in which case I ain't going to stop just cause I'm near my porch. Also see #1.
4. There is plenty of shit in my house that would fuck this guy up, like my dogs, some guns and knives, etc. So what? Realistically he'll kill me while I'm fumbling with the keys.

I mean, what do you want out of this? Given the highly unlikely situation you've described, my best bet is a combination of screaming "FIRE!" and losing him. Also, there's a firehouse and a police station a block away, so fuck my porch, I'm headed for the popo.
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Thu May 10, 2012 6:49 pm

I wouldn't run. I'd smash his skull with something off the lawn.

Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

Finch
Favorite Zombie Movies: GAR's Dawn of the Dead

Post by Finch » Thu May 10, 2012 7:01 pm

I don't run I shoot
AR/590/9mm/EOTech/GLOCK/Scooter Hater/Pie/Blue wire/pro-bayonet/The NRA/.50 beo>.458 SOCOM

my blog: GarandThumb.com

Tater Raider

Post by Tater Raider » Thu May 10, 2012 7:02 pm

Enter_Narne wrote:Well, I was wondering how other people have set up, or want to set up, the front of their homes for attacks like this. I thought it would be fun to put it into some sort of story.

Remember, in this scenario, you've removed all your firearms, knives, and other weapons and no one is in your home right now.
Well here's the thing... I'm public with where I'm at so I am not public with my security. A lot of us won't talk about what we actually have in place.

Having said that, dial 911 on my cell phone then proceed with the rest of my plans. Also Google Jay Rodney Lewis and remembber that talking about how you plan to defend yourself can be used against you in a court of law as demonstrating premeditation (yes, there's more than one reason I don't discuss my home defense plans).

PackLemming
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later.

Post by PackLemming » Thu May 10, 2012 7:11 pm

Slide belt off very quickly, two wraps around the hand and with clenched fist have an improv flail.

But let me be frank, getting attacked means getting ambushed in my world. If you are in any condition after the attempted killing blow to respond it might not be for very long so ....

GO FOR THE EYES !!!!

"I was only following the cursory instruction of users."

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Thu May 10, 2012 7:15 pm

[quote="Tater Raider" Also Google Jay Rodney Lewis and remember that talking about how you plan to defend yourself can be used against you in a court of law as demonstrating premeditation (yes, there's more than one reason I don't discuss my home defense plans).[/quote]
This is one of the reasons I advocate holing up in a defensive posture so often. It's hard to prove premeditation, or maintain that you were the aggressor if you bunker down in the back corner of your house and call the cops. Just because you can stand your ground, doesn't mean you should, but if you're gonna try it, try it holed up in a Fatal Funnel with a loaded gun and your friendly neighborhood cops on the way.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

BigDaddyTX

Post by BigDaddyTX » Thu May 10, 2012 7:24 pm

I can't really run with my bad back without destroying something, but if I've started down that path, I'm just going to go straight through one of the windows in the front of my house and hope my dogs distract him enough for me to get the gun out of my closet that's maybe four feet from the door, or my knife off of the island in the kitchen, maybe eight feet from the door. It's better than dying without trying I guess.
mzmadmike wrote: I may even buy another semiautomatic assault weapon rambo killing machine for my small penis, with lots of large capacity non-reusable clips full of armor piercing incendiary mercury tracer poisoned explosive hollowpoint glaser black talons

hatchtrikk
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later, 28 weeks later, dawn of the dead, land of the dead, diary of the dead and many more...

Post by hatchtrikk » Thu May 10, 2012 7:26 pm

I know people hate when they get this response, but there's no way in hell I would ever let myself get into this sort situation.

How did I get to the school play?

How far away is the school?

Why the fuck did I walk to the school unarmed?

Why am I alone?

Also, just like drinking in public, I avoid situations that legally cause me to be unarmed. I avoid them like the plague.

Provided that I was careless enough to get into this situation, I would stop, mid sprint, drop and roll. Insanely fast sprinting homie trips over me and goes flying.

Then I yell like a little baby. I guess :lol:
My Draco SBR: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 09&t=79016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Belt fed always wins. -GD4

I am serious...and stop calling me Shirley. -Agent Smith

Regulator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days, Dawn of the dead II, Shaun of the Dead,

Post by Regulator » Thu May 10, 2012 7:27 pm

Bad situation I’d not likely find myself in, but if I did, I’d have keys in one hand and a mini flashlight in the other and be prepared to get after it.

PackLemming
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later.

Post by PackLemming » Thu May 10, 2012 7:34 pm

hatchtrikk wrote:I know people hate when they get this response, but there's no way in hell I would ever let myself get into this sort situation...

[Excuse me]

Also, just like drinking in public, I avoid situations that legally cause me to be unarmed. I avoid them like the plague.
Recent story in the press this week, twas about wounded/recovered soldiers attempting an Everest summit , only their 2nd objective of getting to the peak was to sit down and sample some fine scotch whiskeys. :oops: :roll: :gonk:

In actuality, it was a failed ascent
"I was only following the cursory instruction of users."

tookieblueeyes
Favorite Zombie Movies: ALL OF THEM

Post by tookieblueeyes » Thu May 10, 2012 7:40 pm

:lol: Hope I can push him or roll him over or him roll himself over onto the cactus :lol:
Learning is an ongoing process.

SkidvonArk
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by SkidvonArk » Thu May 10, 2012 7:47 pm

Like some have said, I don't go anywhere unarmed and avoid places that would require me to do so. I always at least have my folder and my NAA mini. But, if for some reason I was in said situation I'd still have keys and a beveled flashlight that could do some serious hurt :twisted: In spirit of the post though I guess you could leave big rocks around your door. Now that I think about it I keep my maddox under the porch near the front door. Though remember, any "weapon" (rocks, etc...) you leave near your door for this highly unlikely scenario can be used against you as well.

ptAltered

Post by ptAltered » Thu May 10, 2012 7:54 pm

Kommander wrote:Why is the only real answer to this and so many other WWYDs to die horribly.

The questions seem to frequently involve not having any of the things we'd usually carry, the basic preparations that we're here to discuss. Real life, I'd shoot the guy.
"Attention Criminals; due to the rising costs of ammunition all warning shots will be fired into your chest and face!"

BigDaddyTX

Post by BigDaddyTX » Thu May 10, 2012 8:07 pm

ptAltered wrote:

The questions seem to frequently involve not having any of the things we'd usually carry, the basic preparations that we're here to discuss. Real life, I'd shoot the guy.
I mean I agree to a point, however you can't have guns on school grounds, locked in your car or otherwise. If we change it to say you live a few blocks from the school, but decided to drive when, uh oh, your car doesn't start. You just decide to walk home and grab your wife and her car to jump yours when you get chased. Are you telling me you'd have a gun in that instance?

The problem I see with most of the responses is it feels like you all take guns into school zones, which is a big no no, and ergo you can't post that you'd have a gun with you unless you want to break ZS rules. :twisted:
mzmadmike wrote: I may even buy another semiautomatic assault weapon rambo killing machine for my small penis, with lots of large capacity non-reusable clips full of armor piercing incendiary mercury tracer poisoned explosive hollowpoint glaser black talons

Return to “What Would You Do?”