Where would you go?

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

bows&buckshot

Where would you go?

Post by bows&buckshot » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:37 pm

If you woke up and SHTF that morning (I'll use zombie breakout as an example), where would be your first choice to take supplies as a safe haven? Landforms such as mountains can be used. I would personally go to the badlands south of my house, the only things that survive there are Coyotes, Rabbits, Scorpions, Sage Lizards, Antelopes, and wild horses (im serious about the horses :D ). Plus there are limitless caves and places to take cover, and as rugged as it is, its easy to stay away from the outside world.

Astrozombie138

Re: Where would you go?

Post by Astrozombie138 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:58 pm

Easy, I'd go to my BOL. Next question.
Donka doo ball

frogdude
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night & Dawn (obviously)
28 Days later
Shawn of the Dead
Braindead (aka DeadAlive)

Post by frogdude » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:28 pm

To The Winchester. Then i'd have a nice cold pint til it all blows over.
Lionel wrote:
Paquita wrote: Your mother ate my dog!
Not all of it....
http://www.electricfrog.webs.com

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:38 pm

To the Bat Cave. But only because Walmart is a no-go.
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

RANDOMMOSAIC
Favorite Zombie Movies: all Romero up to OG Day of the dead. Most Remakes of the "of the living dead" series

Post by RANDOMMOSAIC » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:47 pm

I live on the well beyond the suburbs of a major metropolitan area, it's pretty rural, but I'd go about 50 miles further to my grandparents old homestead. It has the potential of being self sufficent, five acres, farm equipment, multiple buldings and a well. In a zpaw, though securing the area might be tricky.
"THAT'S NOT FAIR!" "You say that so often, I wonder what your basis for comparison is."

wishsong

Post by wishsong » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:16 pm

To The Winchester. Then i'd have a nice cold pint til it all blows over
Me Too !
At least in there the dogs can't look up ...... :lol:

Astrozombie138

Post by Astrozombie138 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:44 pm

You folks in the UK would almost have to go to The Winchester, after all it's got a rifle above the bar.
Donka doo ball

Big and Daft

Post by Big and Daft » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:48 pm

Astrozombie138 wrote:... after all it's got a rifle above the bar...
I would think that's deactivated!

bae

Post by bae » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:41 pm

I already live in my BOL, so I suppose I'd wander into the kitchen and make some coffee.

Folly

Post by Folly » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:28 pm

Big and Daft wrote:

But dogs can look up. :D
"I went out back and I got my gun I said, You haven't met me, I am the only son." - Mumford and Sons

Texas Rebel
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Texas Rebel » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:31 pm

RANDOMMOSAIC wrote:I live on the well beyond the suburbs of a major metropolitan area, it's pretty rural, but I'd go about 50 miles further to my grandparents old homestead. It has the potential of being self sufficent, five acres, farm equipment, multiple buldings and a well. In a zpaw, though securing the area might be tricky.
Count me in if need help :mrgreen:
“By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail.”Benjamin Franklin
"Determine never to be idle.No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any.It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing."Thomas Jefferson

Texas Rebel
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Texas Rebel » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:34 pm

I live in Ft.Worth and would try like hell to get out to the rural areas and find me a safe location.
Try and get a hold of friends and move to BOL.
Being in the 17th largest city in America makes for a bad location to be when SHTF.
"Determine never to be idle.No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any.It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing."Thomas Jefferson

RANDOMMOSAIC
Favorite Zombie Movies: all Romero up to OG Day of the dead. Most Remakes of the "of the living dead" series

Post by RANDOMMOSAIC » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:40 pm

Texas Rebel wrote:
RANDOMMOSAIC wrote:I live on the well beyond the suburbs of a major metropolitan area, it's pretty rural, but I'd go about 50 miles further to my grandparents old homestead. It has the potential of being self sufficent, five acres, farm equipment, multiple buldings and a well. In a zpaw, though securing the area might be tricky.

Being a Texas resident as well, just north of Tomball, come a ZPAW I might take you up on that.
"THAT'S NOT FAIR!" "You say that so often, I wonder what your basis for comparison is."

Texas Rebel
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Texas Rebel » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:45 pm

RANDOMMOSAIC wrote:
Texas Rebel wrote:

Being a Texas resident as well, just north of Tomball, come a ZPAW I might take you up on that.
Damn that's close to where I use to live in New Caney.
Lets just hope we don't have to use it anytime soon.

mantis

Post by mantis » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:54 am

bows&buckshot wrote:If you woke up and SHTF that morning (I'll use zombie breakout as an example), where would be your first choice to take supplies as a safe haven? Landforms such as mountains can be used. I would personally go to the badlands south of my house, the only things that survive there are Coyotes, Rabbits, Scorpions, Sage Lizards, Antelopes, and wild horses (im serious about the horses :D ). Plus there are limitless caves and places to take cover, and as rugged as it is, its easy to stay away from the outside world.
Probably nowhere - I'd bug in unless I had no other choice. If you have to bug out, you had better have a prepared in advance and secure location to bug out to otherwise you're going to become a refugee. How would you expect to survive in a place where only Coyote's, etc. survive unless you had a chance to stock and preapre a place in advance? Bear in mind that public property cannot be stocked and prepared in advance.
Doc Torr wrote:"Those who live by the sword get shot by those who see them coming a hundred yards away."
roscoe wrote:.....and don't plan on being The Humongous - it ain't happening.

Glennbo
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004), Return of the Living Dead, Night of the Living Dead.

Post by Glennbo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:58 am

mantis wrote:
bows&buckshot wrote:If you woke up and SHTF that morning (I'll use zombie breakout as an example), where would be your first choice to take supplies as a safe haven? Landforms such as mountains can be used. I would personally go to the badlands south of my house, the only things that survive there are Coyotes, Rabbits, Scorpions, Sage Lizards, Antelopes, and wild horses (im serious about the horses :D ). Plus there are limitless caves and places to take cover, and as rugged as it is, its easy to stay away from the outside world.
Probably nowhere - I'd bug in unless I had no other choice. If you have to bug out, you had better have a prepared in advance and secure location to bug out to otherwise you're going to become a refugee. How would you expect to survive in a place where only Coyote's, etc. survive unless you had a chance to stock and preapre a place in advance? Bear in mind that public property cannot be stocked and prepared in advance.
A lot of people don't have anywhere to go. A lot of people have to become adept at dealing with the bucket of crap that's right where they are. It involves having some good basic supplies and the mental agility to instantly adapt to unexpected and horrible situations.

If you don't have some cushy BIL/BOL you gotta be tough and resourceful, and possess knowledge and skills.

It's something worth developing within yourself in any case.
"There are a lot of things I've been blamed for that I never did. But then there are a lot of things I did and never got caught at." ---Johnny Cash---

Patient Zer0
Favorite Zombie Movies: 90 remake of NOTLD, Shaun of the Dead, Dead and Breakfast, Dance of the Dead

Post by Patient Zer0 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:21 pm

Big and Daft wrote:

Its not, I'm telling you, Big Al said so!
bonanacrom wrote:I'd never throw others out of my way to save myself over them but anyone in my way with speeches about rules and regulations is going to get punched in the throat.
TIOCFAIDH AR LA

Alpha-17
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Resident Evil: Afterlife
28 Weeks Later

Post by Alpha-17 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:59 pm

After getting my stuff, home, just taking care to avoid any major cities or towns.
THE LATEST AND GREATEST IN TACTICAL GEAR WON'T SAVE YOUR LIFE...... BUT, HEY, WHAT'S WRONG WITH SURVIVING IN STYLE?

7.62 NATO/.308 Fanboy

dukman
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by dukman » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:04 am

I would bug in at my folks ranch. It would take a lot for me to want to leave here :shock: I really can't think of anything short of a asteroid impact or nuke that would cause me to go somewhere else. So, assuming Haley's cousin is coming in hot with a bullseye on my neighborhood, I guess I would head 30 miles southwest or 30 miles southeast to my one of my buddies houses. If needed be, I would just keep going south I guess.. but that would be a new Ice Age scenario and so would any other survivors.
M-O-O-N, that spells survival, law's yes!
Duk's Bags: GLOF GHB ONB EDC
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything ~Tyler Durden

frogdude
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night & Dawn (obviously)
28 Days later
Shawn of the Dead
Braindead (aka DeadAlive)

Post by frogdude » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:02 pm

Patient Zer0 wrote:
Big and Daft wrote:

Its not, I'm telling you, Big Al said so!
Alright, the gun's real. But dog's CAN look up.
Lionel wrote:
Paquita wrote: Your mother ate my dog!
Not all of it....
http://www.electricfrog.webs.com

urthshu
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead, Shawn of the Dead, etc.

Post by urthshu » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:20 pm

To work. I'm kind of boring that way.

If the building where I work blew up, I suppose there'd be a rally station I'd be bound to go to.

And if there truly was no work to go to, I admit to being somewhat non-plussed. I suppose I'd go towards the Thousand Islands area, or any of the largeish remote areas just south of the Bay.
Let’s Add Graphic Warning Labels to the Communist Manifesto

BIGJAKE

Post by BIGJAKE » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:07 pm

None ya!

DFWMTX
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by DFWMTX » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:14 pm

If zombies, I'm going to find myself a nice watertower to climb, load up on food, ammo, TP, and batteries, and I'm going to start plugging away at zombies.

If it's something else, I'm doing reasonable.
It can always get worse.

AUA

Post by AUA » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:23 pm

I'd bug in until it became unfeasible to stay any longer; unless they've been augmented by the zombifying agent, chances are that I'd be okay bringing a 3 day kit with me up into the attic when it reaches my domicile and waiting out a major wave until the 3 days are up. At worst, I'd have to clear the place after someone else broke in and got killed, and at best, I buy myself enough time to come up with a working plan to go elsewhere, if necessary.

If we're talking about zombies that obey the second law of thermodynamics, it's only a matter of time. If we're talking about physically-impossible zombies, then waiting until the mob outside the house is thin enough to break out of still makes sense.

I do have a Plan B for bugging out, but it's squiffy and I'd rather not, when it relies almost entirely on me being able to use my vehicle or otherwise move through a sub-urban area without zombie contact. It might be unlikely that my engine/radiator/etc kicks the bucket right then and there when I'm trying to bug out, but if there's even a remote possibility of that happening...I'd rather bug in.

Return to “What Would You Do?”