Just for fun... You and Burt Gummer...

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

azonikcustomz
Favorite Zombie Movies: the walking dead

Re: Just for fun... You and Burt Gummer...

Post by azonikcustomz » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:44 am

i like all the movies but i like the TV show better
Don't worry the zombies are looking for brains, you're safe..

MacAttack

Post by MacAttack » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:01 pm

I just want Burts' truck.

Just the truck.

zombieresponder

Post by zombieresponder » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:54 pm

Given that a standard hardware store is chock full of various chemicals, fire, explosives, and chemical weapons should be the obvious answers.

101airborne

Post by 101airborne » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:39 pm

Would home made Incenderary rounds for my havoc 37mm be acceptable to use on their a$$?

Blacksheep

Post by Blacksheep » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:42 am

101airborne wrote:Would home made Incenderary rounds for my havoc 37mm be acceptable to use on their a$$?
lets not go there.... forum rules and such
I never fit in. That's my role in life, to be the outcast.

ATEi

RIP- FiftySticks

101airborne

Post by 101airborne » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:58 pm

Rebel Pariah wrote:
101airborne wrote:Would home made Incenderary rounds for my havoc 37mm be acceptable to use on their a$$?
lets not go there.... forum rules and such

Agreed Was talking post shtf hipothetacally (sp?) what I meant instead of incenderary rounds was (you can legally buy) flare type rounds. Just wrote witout thinking what I wanted to say.

Blacksheep

Post by Blacksheep » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:26 pm

Fair nuff :wink:

the word "homemade" made it a tad questionable
I never fit in. That's my role in life, to be the outcast.

ATEi

RIP- FiftySticks

101airborne

Post by 101airborne » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:14 pm

Rebel Pariah wrote:Fair nuff :wink:

the word "homemade" made it a tad questionable
Thanks, as a noobie I'm still learning what is rules permissable. Feel free anyone to correct me if I start to infringe on shakey ground. Understand the question on my "homemade" comment. For some reason I slip even when asked about some of my ammo and say homemade rather than self reloaded and molded/casted my own lead. Thanks again. Don

Zed Hunter

Post by Zed Hunter » Thu May 24, 2018 8:14 am

Now they are under the tundra. See Net Flix.

TV show?

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Thu May 24, 2018 6:32 pm

This thread is great haha
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu May 24, 2018 7:45 pm

Zed Hunter wrote:Now they are under the tundra. See Net Flix.

TV show?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tremors_(TV_series)

It was short lived
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Laager

Post by Laager » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:17 pm

Just came back from Alabama and found the latest movie #6 (Tremors: A Cold Day in Hell) and a Cubs hat laying on my desk. Guess it can go with my Atlanta Hawks hat and the rest of the movies.

Darn kids......... :wink:
“Complacency kills. Paranoia is the reason I’m still alive.” If we do happen to make contact, I expect nothing less than gratuitous violence from the lot of ya.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:14 pm

Laager wrote:Just came back from Alabama and found the latest movie #6 (Tremors: A Cold Day in Hell) and a Cubs hat laying on my desk. Guess it can go with my Atlanta Hawks hat and the rest of the movies.

Watched it :) And my wife let me know there is a new TV show starting with Kevin Bacon? I'll have to find the old show.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

Laager

Post by Laager » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:22 pm

woodsghost wrote:
Laager wrote:Just came back from Alabama and found the latest movie #6 (Tremors: A Cold Day in Hell) and a Cubs hat laying on my desk. Guess it can go with my Atlanta Hawks hat and the rest of the movies.

Watched it :) And my wife let me know there is a new TV show starting with Kevin Bacon? I'll have to find the old show.

My son told me that, but he said that there is some kind of delay (?) concerning the release of the new Television show. Not sure about the quality but I do have to say that there is something about Burt that makes me laugh.
“Complacency kills. Paranoia is the reason I’m still alive.” If we do happen to make contact, I expect nothing less than gratuitous violence from the lot of ya.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:31 pm

A few years back (around 2010 or so), I was watching the first Tremors film with my mom and sister.

When it got to the scene where Burt and his wife are attacked in their bunker and the camera pans to the wall of guns, my sister turned to me and said "It's official. You're Burt Gummer.". :lol:

Laager

Post by Laager » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:53 am

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:

A few years back (around 2010 or so), I was watching the first Tremors film with my mom and sister.

When it got to the scene where Burt and his wife are attacked in their bunker and the camera pans to the wall of guns, my sister turned to me and said "It's official. You're Burt Gummer.". :lol:
That is how I ended up with an Atlanta Hawks hat and a Cubs Hat.
We were stationed at Kadena AB in Okinawa and during the frequent typhoons we would rent a bunch of videos to watch and they happened to have the first two or three and w binged them.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:35 pm

Laager wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:

That is how I ended up with an Atlanta Hawks hat and a Cubs Hat.
We were stationed at Kadena AB in Okinawa and during the frequent typhoons we would rent a bunch of videos to watch and they happened to have the first two or three and w binged them.
I honestly think they should've stopped making them after the second one where they went down to Mexico.

Although, the later movies are good for a MST3K/Rifftrax night with friends or family (provided they don't mind you making fun of the movies).

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Post by ZombieGranny » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:05 pm

It took a few movies to show the entire life cycle, then they had the prequel.
I didn't care for the rest; oddball "worms" just showing up, Bert's kid, things like that. Jumped the shark (worm?) for me.
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:42 pm

Getting back to the OP from ages past, wouldn't regular graboids be tougher than zombie graboids? The tough thing about graboids is they learn. Zombie graboids would just be dumb and easier to trick over and over again.

For me, I'd wait til they become thermal runners or ass-blasters and take them with small arms... if they don't take me first...
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Return to “What Would You Do?”