Quick, defend yourself: What do you have on hand RIGHT now?

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

ZuluZK

Re: Quick, defend yourself: What do you have on hand RIGHT n

Post by ZuluZK » Fri May 31, 2013 11:27 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You people are crazy...

I like that about you.

Anyway, got my Cold Steel Double Agent plain-edged clip point hanging from a lanyard around my neck.

Next to my desk is a blade/melee weapons stand that has...

2 Cold Steel bokkens
1 Cold Steel katana machete
1 home-made cane
1 24" Latin machete
1 24" hawkbill machete
1 24" spear-point machete
1 12" pata de cuche machete (like a big knife, really)
2 escrima sticks

About 5 feet away in a utility drawer...

1 18" cheap Indian kukri
1 Cold Steel bowie bushman
1 Cold steel pocket bushman
2 Milwaukee boxcutters
1 Maglite mini flashlight

There's another bunch of blades and tools in another cupboard across the room, including a 24 oz. hammer and a crow bar.

I think I'd be ok.
The house of the loud talker leaks.

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:38 pm

A cold, or something.

It's biological warfare! :twisted:
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

jmoorewar

Post by jmoorewar » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:53 pm

Right now in my living room,glock 23 with 2 loaded mags,smith .38 special loaded with a speedloader too and my cold steel trench hawk.upstairs ak in closet and .22 rifle

jmoorewar

Post by jmoorewar » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:55 pm

ZuluZK wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

You people are crazy...

I like that about you.

Anyway, got my Cold Steel Double Agent plain-edged clip point hanging from a lanyard around my neck.

Next to my desk is a blade/melee weapons stand that has...

2 Cold Steel bokkens
1 Cold Steel katana machete
1 home-made cane
1 24" Latin machete
1 24" hawkbill machete
1 24" spear-point machete
1 12" pata de cuche machete (like a big knife, really)
2 escrima sticks

About 5 feet away in a utility drawer...

1 18" cheap Indian kukri
1 Cold Steel bowie bushman
1 Cold steel pocket bushman
2 Milwaukee boxcutters
1 Maglite mini flashlight

There's another bunch of blades and tools in another cupboard across the room, including a 24 oz. hammer and a crow bar.

I think I'd be ok.
well in my SHTF situation there would be bad guys with guns,so you would be ok as long as they wernt armed

CountryClub

Post by CountryClub » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:10 pm

virgin post on this crazy thread.
In this moment I am prepared to fight off a home invader with an empty Pendleton whisky bottle, a tickle-me-elmo, and a 12' stanley measuring tape. not necessarily in that order. I do not feel unprepared given my current location, but have to wonder about the combat zones some of you must be living in given the number of deadly weapons you keep within arms reach while replying to the OP here. Before I am flamed for not being armed well enough, consider if you've ever stepped on a Lego. Now just think what a tickle-me-elmo could do!
Vladimir Wolodarsky: Steve, one of the interns just fell down the stairs with the main tracking processor.
Steve Zissou: All right, just make sure we steal the backup.

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Post by ZombieGranny » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:46 pm

TICKLE-ME-ELMO?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
runs screaming through the night
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

procyon

Post by procyon » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:12 am

CountryClub wrote:a tickle-me-elmo
Hopefully that belongs to one of your kids.
empty Pendleton whisky bottle
Unless he is your drinking buddy... :lol:

For me, in that I only have internet access at work - I have a pair of scissors and two hemostats in my pocket, a stethescope that could sting to get hit with, a half dozen scraps of paper with notes, a couple alcohol wipes, a really small flashlight, and a large variety of stuffed animals provided by the parents for their babies.
But in that I am in a locked room (NICU) on a locked unit with a cop parked at the enterance - I'm not overly worried.
The odds of one of the babes having a CC (other than a loaded diaper) is pretty remote...
:mrgreen:
... I will show you fear in a handful of dust...

azrael99
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, 28 days later, Zombieland, World war Z (when it gonna be out)

Post by azrael99 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:56 am

i have on my belt :

-sog powelock multitool
-large size olfa box cutter
-Kershaw folder
"We stopped to look for monster under the bed , the day we realized that they were inside us"

dpurgert
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Resident Evil, Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later.

Post by dpurgert » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:01 am

procyon wrote: The odds of one of the babes having a CC (other than a loaded diaper) is pretty remote...
Loaded diaper, back all the way to their neck ... I'm still at a loss to figure out how they can poo THAT MUCH when they're that tiny... :shock:
Dawgboy: I knew a chick that carried a dog in her purse, everywhere... It was a tiny little Yorkie and it went literally everywhere with her...
cv66er: I prefer oatmeal bars. You don't need to waste time butchering, building a fire, etc.

colinz

Post by colinz » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:12 am

dpurgert wrote:
procyon wrote: The odds of one of the babes having a CC (other than a loaded diaper) is pretty remote...
Loaded diaper, back all the way to their neck ... I'm still at a loss to figure out how they can poo THAT MUCH when they're that tiny... :shock:
Never underestimate the psychological impact of biological warfare! :shock:

I've got a hot cup of coffee, a lit cigarette and a rubbish bin.

CountryClub

Post by CountryClub » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:04 pm

I've got a hot cup of coffee, a lit cigarette and a rubbish bin.
don't underestimate that hot coffee! I remember taking a wilderness first aid course and the instructor (first responder in many mountaineering accidents), said her most common injury to deal with was hot liquid burns!
Vladimir Wolodarsky: Steve, one of the interns just fell down the stairs with the main tracking processor.
Steve Zissou: All right, just make sure we steal the backup.

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:08 pm

Dunkin’ Donuts Employee Stops Robbery with Hot Coffee

When a man in West Haven, Conn. Tried to rob his local Dunkin’ Donuts last Saturday night, one employee retaliated with the best weapon she had to hand – a pot of hot coffee.

Angelica, who declined to give reporters her last name, was manning the drive-thru window shortly before midnight, when, according to reports, a man approached and asked the Dunkin’ Donuts employee for change for a $100 bill. When she declined, police said, he told her that this was a robbery and tried to climb in through the service window.

As Angelica told NBC Connecticut: “He rushed himself, tried to get out of his car. That’s when I realized he was serious. I tried to close the window. He put his arm in it. He knew not to touch, because he knew there would be fingerprints,”

In response, used what was available at her disposal defend herself, and even managed to put a little twist on the donut chain’s motto as the thief drove off in a white Ford Explorer. “When he started running into his truck and then he left, and I said, ‘Go run on Dunkin,’” Angelica told NBC.

The donut thief has yet to be apprehended.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/03/06/dun ... ot-coffee/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mostly not here anymore.

DeaddAirSpace

Post by DeaddAirSpace » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:03 pm

At my desk these are the only items in reach.

Pocket sized fenix flashlight. [can temporarily blind or disorientate a human intruder.]
Kabar folding tanto [Zombie hunter series]
RAT model II folding knife
a pocket refrence book
4 military training manuals [ Improvised munitions, Unconventional warfare, survival, explosives and demolitions]
the chair I am currently on
loaded nerf gun and a foam minecraft pickaxe :mrgreen:

Hudson Patriot

Post by Hudson Patriot » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:40 pm

German Shepherd. A big one. But, he is a pussy.

Hilltopper

Post by Hilltopper » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:13 pm

I am of the mind that almost any tool could be a weapon but I have no real skill in that department so I would have to patiently play the female card, the feminine ploy of confusing the crap out of any man long enough to see my best opportunity be it with a cast iron fry pan, pruning sheers , a hoe , chocolate brownies laced with rat poison ?
Last edited by Hilltopper on Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RUSirius
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, all Romero zombie flicks, "Dawn of the Dead" remake

Post by RUSirius » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:57 am

Right now, I have a soda can and my laptop computer in hand and a dining plate within easy arm's reach. Within a few steps, I have a claw hammer, a wooden bokken, a hiking staff, a novelty sword cane (no edge, so mainly useful as a blunt instrument), a 2" pocketknife, dozens of books of various sizes and descriptions, a plastic flashlight, several spray cans, a souvenier sculpture from Grand Cayman Island, a framed photo, several combs and hairbrushes, a clothes iron, a ceramic liquid soap dispenser, a bottle candle, a 1-pound stone that fits easily into my hand and my PS2 and controller thereof.

Before you scoff at the soda can, try the old frat-boy comedy trick of smashing one on your forehead. Then imagine now much more that would hurt if you used an unopened one.

On a side note, I REALLY need to clean my room. *L*

Edit: Forgot my solid wooden chessboard and the heavy plastic pieces accompanying it. The pieces wouldn't do much on their own, but all together, in the cloth bag my mother made to store them, they'd make a decent blunt instrument.

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Post by ZombieGranny » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:26 pm

Last edited by ZombieGranny on Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

pyzik
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (both), 28 Days and Weeks Later, Quarantine

Post by pyzik » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:44 am

S&W M&P9c, Kershaw Leek, coffee mug, scissors and a laptop. Oh, and plenty of cords.
Preparing to prep.

Beardedknifeguy

Post by Beardedknifeguy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:06 am

Assorted neck knives!

scotcat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the dead, Shaun of the dead, Day of the dead

Post by scotcat » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:48 am

Assorted mugs, a desk lamp, the telephone, some really sharp knives, a fruit bowl ... does my cat count as a weapon?

RUSirius
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, all Romero zombie flicks, "Dawn of the Dead" remake

Post by RUSirius » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:34 pm

scotcat wrote:Assorted mugs, a desk lamp, the telephone, some really sharp knives, a fruit bowl ... does my cat count as a weapon?
Yes. Five of the six ends are pointy, and if you throw him at least four of those are guaranteed to catch in whatever he hits. :D

LivelyToaster
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead

Post by LivelyToaster » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:03 am

A wife sick with norovirus, and my S&W MP .45 sitting on the arm rest of my recliner.

-------------------------------------------------------
Sent from a long time ago... in a galaxy far far away...

colinz

Post by colinz » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:48 am

scotcat wrote:Assorted mugs, a desk lamp, the telephone, some really sharp knives, a fruit bowl ... does my cat count as a weapon?
If you stuff the cat into a transport box and tell someone that that box holds all your valuables, then hell yes!

C.A. Marshall

Post by C.A. Marshall » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:00 pm

Glock 17 with 600 rounds of 9mm, assorted small camping knives, can of mace and a bag of night time pull-ups. I'm thinking I leave the pull ups, the little one can pee her pants.

Return to “What Would You Do?”