Kill town gossip?

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Flammamancer

Kill town gossip?

Post by Flammamancer » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:33 am

One of the things that our town could do without is our gossip lady who knows everything about everyone and even has a cell phone for gossiping during her 15 minute coffee breaks at work(I could go on and on about this person but lets just say her gossip is legendary).
Anyways (and NO! I am not saying I have any desire to harm this person at all) but I was thinking that in the event of some sort of Nazi regime type(fundamentalist's, Right/Left Extremist etc) takeover of any government is it wise to just outright kill or in some other way neutralize as a threat the town gossip?
Think about it, the SS/Secret Police types are going to be going to them first for the dibs on everyone around and of course the town gossip is going to be providing information about everyone like water flows from the waterfall, so if you were part of say the local World Peace group they are going to know about it and will act accordingly with you personally about whatever they think about that.

So what do you think?

DFWMTX
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Kill town gossip?

Post by DFWMTX » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:44 am

If it wasn't for the ZS prohibition on advocating harm against living human beings, I'd say break her voice box.

But really you shouldn't be doing anything the town gossip is going to hear about....or at least not do them with the town gossip around. Or better yet, anyone around.
It can always get worse.

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:55 am

No.

Any resistance to unconstitutional authority must be undertaken in strict defense of constitutional principles, which include provisions for due process, jury trial, and strict prohibition of cruel and unusual punishment. I'd say summary execution of collaborators is what bad guys do.
Mostly not here anymore.

Giacomo
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Dawn of the Dead, Day of the dead, and Shaun of the Dead

Post by Giacomo » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:01 am

Feed her false information, she'll lose credibility and you won't have to worry about the invading nazi's finding anything out.
EvilTOJ wrote:
Browning 35 wrote: I'm beginning to realize that you guys are all fucking nuts. :shock:
And a forum dedicated to preparing for a zombpocalypse wasn't your first clue we're all slightly mad? :lol:
PistolPete wrote:And you always wear a suit when you are granted audience with Kyle. He's generally naked, but everyone is too scared to bring it up.

Murf

Post by Murf » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:10 am

Giacomo wrote:Feed her false information, she'll lose credibility and you won't have to worry about the invading nazi's finding anything out.
Or allow her to keep her credibility (if she has any) and turn her into a counterintelligence asset. Feed her tidbits of good but useless info, and then use her as an unwitting conduit of disinformation to aid the resistance.
Non semper erit aestas.

PistolPete
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:18 am

A town gossip would be an excellent tool for the enemy to use. Just feed her info (true or untrue) that you want spread around.

[mod]Please don't start off topics with Kill so-and-so since discussing murder is against the rules.[/mod]
Angry Peasants, musings on guns and the state of our world

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

andygates
Favorite Zombie Movies: ROTLD 2 ;)

Post by andygates » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:44 pm

Pete and Murf have it spot-on. If the bad guys listen to Mabel and trust what she says, then you feed Mabel what you want them to hear. That's a valuable asset, that is.

Plus she probably makes really good cakes. The gossips always do.
Czechnology: "If you have to ask an internet forum for confirmation on whether or not a Revolution is coming, the answer is always no."

Free UK & Ireland Street and Topo maps for Garmin: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps (updated weekly) - OpenStreetMap

donjulio

Post by donjulio » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:11 pm

I would probably be feeding her false information already, just for the entertainment value.

PistolPete
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:49 pm

If the bad guys listen to Mabel and trust what she says
I was actually suggesting the opposite. The occupying force would use her to disseminate information to the townsfolk. Like tell her people are being tortured even though they aren't to keep the populace in line.

Gossip = Evil
Hence the evil invading force would see her as an asset.
:)
Angry Peasants, musings on guns and the state of our world

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

Mr. Warren Peace
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later.. 28 weeks later,

Post by Mr. Warren Peace » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:13 pm

no need to remove her. remove her creditability or make it work for you. whatever it is.
"Riddle me this. Riddle me that. Who is afraid of the big black bat?"

Lurch

Post by Lurch » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:00 pm

Shave her head. Then shave the heads of her cronies. Pretty soon there'll be nobody who'll talk to her.

Pondo_Sinatra

Post by Pondo_Sinatra » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:45 pm

Lurch wrote:Shave her head. Then shave the heads of her cronies. Pretty soon there'll be nobody who'll talk to her.
Except white supremacists. And wig salesmen.

thefirebuilds
Favorite Zombie Movies: sean of the dead...

that one where the nazis come out the water...?

Post by thefirebuilds » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:50 pm

I use gossips like a cell phone. I feed them information I want disseminated thoroughly. Think about them like a PA - an inch deep and a mile wide.
A real outdoorsman only needs a knife and a harmonica.

TheGunslinger
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheGunslinger » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:57 pm

Except white supremacists. And wig salesmen.
Heh, awesome. :lol:
Bureaucracy destroys initiative. There is little that bureaucrats hate more than innovation, especially innovation that produces better results than the old routines. Improvements always make those at the top of the heap look inept. Who enjoys appearing inept? ~A Guide to Trial and Error in Government, Bene Gesserit Archive

MacAttack

Post by MacAttack » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:20 am

A little photo shop work and a few pictures of her and some other guys around town and she's all taken care of by someone else.

Giacomo
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Dawn of the Dead, Day of the dead, and Shaun of the Dead

Post by Giacomo » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:24 am

MacAttack wrote:A little photo shop work and a few pictures of her and some other guys around town and she's all taken care of by someone else.
Why do you have pictures of her and pictures of guys getting it on? Never mind I don't want to know.
EvilTOJ wrote:
Browning 35 wrote: I'm beginning to realize that you guys are all fucking nuts. :shock:
And a forum dedicated to preparing for a zombpocalypse wasn't your first clue we're all slightly mad? :lol:
PistolPete wrote:And you always wear a suit when you are granted audience with Kyle. He's generally naked, but everyone is too scared to bring it up.

MacAttack

Post by MacAttack » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:36 am

Giacomo wrote:
MacAttack wrote:A little photo shop work and a few pictures of her and some other guys around town and she's all taken care of by someone else.
Why do you have pictures of her and pictures of guys getting it on? Never mind I don't want to know.

Thats why you use photoshop. I wouldn't ruin a good camera taking picture like that of them.

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Post by ZombieGranny » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:04 pm

Last edited by ZombieGranny on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

midgetyaz

Post by midgetyaz » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:06 pm

ZombieGranny wrote:She's a known quantity. Remove her, and you risk having someone else doing the same thing, but you don't know who it is. I say leave her alone.
Zombiegranny is right. Would you rather know you can't trust or would you like it to be a surprise?
bonanacrom wrote:That made no sense at all. I think it was meant to make me dumber, and it worked.

razi

Post by razi » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:42 pm

bake her cakes and stuff. if she says you're a good guy, everyone else will believe you. perfect cover!

tilt

Post by tilt » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:58 pm

In 'The Mist' everyone thought that the town busy body was harmless and 'quirky'... up until she got all crazy with the demanding of child sacrifice and such...

maybe something to consider...
Murphy is my Co-Pilot

DaJoker

Post by DaJoker » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:16 am

The woman from The Mist was deranged and physiologically scared from what was going on, complete isolation and no hope of escape. Granted the nazis can fabricate the same thing but at least you know whats going on a bit. I don't think we'd have to worry about her doing THAT. But if she becomes a liability... well the rules forbid me so I wont say.
NLM FEMA8 Knucklebuster
"Man's true profession is to find the road to himself." Thomas Hobbes
“Showing reality always makes the best propaganda.” Taliban member quoted in Newsweek
M1A/5.7x28mm/Green Wire/Pie

jaybird
Favorite Zombie Movies: the entire Dead' series

Post by jaybird » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:05 am

Just my opinion and all, and I will NOT tell you what to do especially if it's illegal, but consider this, if she is cooperating in earnest with nazi invaders or whatever, she is a collaborator. A TREASONOUS one at that.
" Memory is like a knife. It can hurt you."-Lady Murasaki, Hannibal Rising

" Civility must be rewarded...or else there's no use for it. There's no use for it, at all...."- Dr. Logan, DOTD

jaybird
Favorite Zombie Movies: the entire Dead' series

Post by jaybird » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:50 am

Harvester brought up a good point considering collaboration in another thread. She might be trying to get in their good graces so as to invisible in aiding resistance efforts. The choice just got harder, peeps!
" Memory is like a knife. It can hurt you."-Lady Murasaki, Hannibal Rising

" Civility must be rewarded...or else there's no use for it. There's no use for it, at all...."- Dr. Logan, DOTD

Return to “What Would You Do?”