bitten children ? undead child

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

undead_e

bitten children ? undead child

Post by undead_e » Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:57 am

What would you do if your child or the child you was babysitting was bitten by one of the undead ? What would you do ?
Last edited by undead_e on Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:14 am

Just like any other situation, you do what you HAVE to do. Sucks, don't it?
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

undead_e

Post by undead_e » Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:29 am

what i mean is if the child was bitten on the hand would you cut off the kids hand trying to save the child from the virus, would you quickly destroy the child so the child wouldnt have to go threw the pain of becoming a zombie or would you wait for the child to become a zombie then destroy it ? it is a hard question ! i dont think this question could have a "right" answer.

WALZEY

Post by WALZEY » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:41 am

if i had 2 slice of the hand :x

Raccoon City Survivor

Post by Raccoon City Survivor » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:21 am

Cutting off its hand wouldn't be a smart thing. Even if you did, what if it doesn't work and it turns on you at night. Just because you've seen Day of the Dead doesn't mean it was real.

I'd kill it, there and then, seeing a baby suffer is more than I can bare.

undead_e

Post by undead_e » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:57 am

Raccoon City Survivor wrote:Just because you've seen Day of the Dead doesn't mean it was real.
I was just saying the things as a example of what one might try to do.

Raccoon City Survivor

Post by Raccoon City Survivor » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:43 am

That post was directed at WALZEY.

I understand what you are doing, undead_e, and it is a good idea. Be prepared when it comes, that's what this forum is about.

Hunter for Hire

Post by Hunter for Hire » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:59 pm

Save a cow...eat a baby. hahah ummm, i'd do it in a way where they wouldnt know i was going to kill them. So i would walk up to them with a mashette. id most likely walk up behind them with a pillow and a gun behind it and 1 quick one.
Hunter for hire with no plans to retire

"Stop abortion! Fetal Zombies are Tiny and Hard to Kill!" <---noncyr (one of the funniest things i ever read)

d-girl

Post by d-girl » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:06 pm

If a zombie got to a child under my care it would have had to get through me first, so if this situation happened I'd already be gone.
It's not my fault - I was in Peru!

avatar stolen from www.megagear.com

Horatio_Tyllis
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead 2004
Special Dead
Dead before Dawn 3d

Post by Horatio_Tyllis » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:25 am

Damn right d-girl.

And though it would suck if something like this did somehow happen, you have to realize this world isn't prefect, and it's not always pretty [flirt]and certainly not as pretty as d-girl[/flirt].

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. It's shitty but it's true.
Winter driving guide: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=82858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zimmy wrote:Intelligent safety conscious fireman snuffing telekinetic golems?
Our heroes are doomed without Gyrojet pistols firing antimatter tipped rockets!

WALZEY

Post by WALZEY » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:01 am

well if the rest of my familly were well zombies (worst case scenorio) the 1 thing on my mind would B how could I stop zombies getting 2 my nephew 17 month old and nees(i think thats how its spelt) about 4 month old if i found them infected or turned along with my brother and and his girl freind I would probably just end myself bullet through my head thats how i'd do it.

Agent Vesago

Post by Agent Vesago » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:55 am

I would have to agree with what written earlier. If the child was bitten it would no longer be my concern since I would be dead.

Matias

Post by Matias » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:47 am

Not like I'd have kids in the first place.
Steel yourselves.
Resident tinkerer/inventor

Quasar665

Post by Quasar665 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:02 am

alright.. so SOP is cap the kid if it's infected. A) to save yourself and anyone else from being bitten by little johnnie or suzy. B) if the kid is only infected, to save them from the pain of dying slowly and coming back. C) be sure to teach them in advance never ever to hide the fact that they are bit...(which isn't likely to happen as they will be most likely crying from the pain)

Sage

Post by Sage » Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:03 pm

If a child under my care got bit by one of those creatures. I would do one of two things. 1) If I was positive a bite was 100% incureable I would wait until they turned then do the unspeakable act 2)If I wasnt sure well then you can have that kid over my dead then redead body

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:44 pm

I'm pretty much with Sage on this one.
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

Ghostfist

Post by Ghostfist » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:26 pm

What would you do if your child or the child you was babysitting was bitten by one of the undead ? What would you do ?
This is the question. The child has already been bitten, what do you do?

Cap 'em. You save them the pain of turning. Assuming it is painful, which I'm certain it doesn't feel all goody like. As much as it would hurt, you buck up and do the right thing.

Cap 'em.
"SEE! SEE?!?! You didn't believe me! You called me a nut! But now there's ZOMBIES in the street, so SUCK IT!"
Jamoni

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by kyle » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:47 pm

Ghostfist wrote: This is the question. The child has already been bitten, what do you do?

Cap 'em. You save them the pain of turning. Assuming it is painful, which I'm certain it doesn't feel all goody like. As much as it would hurt, you buck up and do the right thing.

Cap 'em.
uh huh. Why don't you get a kid first before you think about that.

Not saying it's not the best option but I don't think anyone can really answer this question unless they have a child in their care and know what it's really like.
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

Ghostfist

Post by Ghostfist » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:04 pm

C'mon Kyle give me a little credit here. I love kids, I do wish I had a kid of my own. At 38 it's not too late, and I would in a minute with the right mate. It's a hard question to answer, and you have to be pragmatic. Remember the scenario in DOTD '04 with the little girl? That split second hesitation could mean daddy is a zombie too. To be hard in the PAW you have to think hardnow.

It's just my opinion man, hard moral questions are going to get asked. It was not as easy to answer as you might have thought it was for me. I did think before my answer. I chose my words very carefully.

The question was open to everyone. Not just parents.
"SEE! SEE?!?! You didn't believe me! You called me a nut! But now there's ZOMBIES in the street, so SUCK IT!"
Jamoni

WALZEY

Post by WALZEY » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:47 am

well the bite would cause tremendas pain espicially in young children the poor things would just cry and I hate to see my nephew or nees cry I just don't like it one minute there playing happilly then they burst out in tears like babys do so i always try to keep them happy when there around.

Horatio_Tyllis
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead 2004
Special Dead
Dead before Dawn 3d

Post by Horatio_Tyllis » Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:21 am

WALZEY wrote:Well the bite would cause tremendous pain, espicially in young children. The poor things would just cry, and I hate to see my nephew or niece cry. I just don't like the way that one minute they're playing happily, and the next they burst out in tears like babies do. I always try to keep them happy when they're around.
That's very noble of you WALZEY. And so well put. Children are our future, and we should all care for, and keep an eye out for them, both day to day and in a PAW.

It's the same principle as to why I would have your back if you were with me when the shit hit the fan.

We all have to look out for each other.
Winter driving guide: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=82858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zimmy wrote:Intelligent safety conscious fireman snuffing telekinetic golems?
Our heroes are doomed without Gyrojet pistols firing antimatter tipped rockets!

sgtporter

safety of the children

Post by sgtporter » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:09 pm

trust me a zombie would never even get close to my daughter. because I really I'm to over protected of her. besides she should would always be in a safe location. and if should became infected I would probably do the noblest thing and put her down. but I would do this as a last resort. But the undead would have to get through me and my merry band of rednecks. There will be a lot of merry rednecks just icthing the tigger.

Ghostfist

Post by Ghostfist » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:01 pm

You dodged the question.

Jamoni

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:02 pm

There are some things that aren't cool to talk about, even hypothetically.

Return to “What Would You Do?”