You and Three of Your Buds...

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 12940
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Home where my thought's escaping

You and Three of Your Buds...

Post by Stercutus » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:37 pm

…. are outside a gas station on the way to Spring Break in Florida. All four of you are stretching your legs outside the car while one of you pumps gas. A car pulls up to a nearby pump, a man jumps out of the passenger seat, comes running up to your bud pumping the gas and then pulls a gun. He says; "Give me everything you got!"

You can either be pumping gas or a bro.
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 8914
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: You and Three of Your Buds...

Post by RickOShea » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:15 pm

Ideally?.....come out of the scrum holding the gun. :rofl:



whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
woodsghost
* * * * *
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Re: You and Three of Your Buds...

Post by woodsghost » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:35 pm

Form an L shaped ambush with the rest of them and draw?

Stay chill and give him my wallet? The one that has BMF on it?

I need a new wallet. I should talk to my wife about one with BMF on there.

Probably stay chill. As long as he is not shooting, life is pretty good. It's only money. If things look to be changing, then address the threat.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 12940
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Home where my thought's escaping

Re: You and Three of Your Buds...

Post by Stercutus » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:58 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:15 pm
Ideally?.....come out of the scrum holding the gun. :rofl:



Best watched at double speed while Yackety Sax plays in the background. :clap:


Although I think Red Shirt has seen too many Star Trek episodes and knows how it is supposed to end for him.
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 7508
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: You and Three of Your Buds...

Post by NT2C » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:30 am

Not what these three did, for damn sure. I can't even think of three friends I might have along that wouldn't be armed and capable of dealing with these two clowns. :lol:
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

User avatar
raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 16554
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:18 pm
Location: Greater New Orleans Area

Re: You and Three of Your Buds...

Post by raptor » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:56 pm

Spray him with gasoline and ask if anyone had a lighter handy.

My friends smoke.

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 2648
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: You and Three of Your Buds...

Post by flybynight » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:34 pm

raptor wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:56 pm
Spray him with gasoline and ask if anyone had a lighter handy.

My friends smoke.
So do gun's. Soak him in gas and let him decide to pull the trigger/strike the match.
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

JF89
* *
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:57 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Re: You and Three of Your Buds...

Post by JF89 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:41 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:37 pm
…. are outside a gas station on the way to Spring Break in Florida. All four of you are stretching your legs outside the car while one of you pumps gas. A car pulls up to a nearby pump, a man jumps out of the passenger seat, comes running up to your bud pumping the gas and then pulls a gun. He says; "Give me everything you got!"

You can either be pumping gas or a bro.
Depending on whats behind him I would move and shoot at him. I might make my way to cover depending on the gap or might freeze if the gap is super close. Drawing down on someone thats already in your face seems pretty dumb, imo.

Also, If I had to shoot the jackass then I would put my gun on his buddies next then wait for the cops to show up.

JF89
* *
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:57 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Re: You and Three of Your Buds...

Post by JF89 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:46 pm

woodsghost wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:35 pm


Probably stay chill. As long as he is not shooting, life is pretty good. It's only money. If things look to be changing, then address the threat.
If somebody is running at me or moving aggressively then im moving past its "just money" and taking my chances, if he walks up or dosnt appear to be doing much but robbing me then I might just give up my cash.

User avatar
yossarian
* * * * *
Posts: 2117
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:09 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Re: You and Three of Your Buds...

Post by yossarian » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:12 pm

flybynight wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:34 pm
raptor wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:56 pm
Spray him with gasoline and ask if anyone had a lighter handy.

My friends smoke.
So do gun's. Soak him in gas and let him decide to pull the trigger/strike the match.
That was my thought. Seems more tactically sound than what I saw. Also, redshirt is paying for gas and booze for the rest of the trip.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 12940
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Home where my thought's escaping

Re: You and Three of Your Buds...

Post by Stercutus » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:57 am

yossarian wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:12 pm
flybynight wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:34 pm
raptor wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:56 pm
Spray him with gasoline and ask if anyone had a lighter handy.

My friends smoke.
So do gun's. Soak him in gas and let him decide to pull the trigger/strike the match.
That was my thought. Seems more tactically sound than what I saw. Also, redshirt is paying for gas and booze for the rest of the trip.
That's what I was thinking. It's one thing to play it safe early on but once the "team" is committed you may as well jump in there too because you are now in it as well.
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

User avatar
jor-el
* * * * *
Posts: 5194
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Watching over Metropolis

Re: You and Three of Your Buds...

Post by jor-el » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:49 pm

While everyone's distracted,
1) hop in the perp's car
2) run the perps over

3) Free car?
My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

wamba
* * *
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:32 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Zombieland, & Walking Dead (if that counts).
Location: Kansas (edge of the Flint Hills

Re: You and Three of Your Buds...

Post by wamba » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:50 pm

My first thought was turn the hose on him and soak him with gas. “Your move buddy.”

Glad to see I wasn’t the only one to think of that.
Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it, & you can bet they'll whine that nobody warned them.

Post Reply

Return to “What Would You Do?”