no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

User avatar
Barnabus
* * *
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:05 pm
Location: Jefferson County, Alabama

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by Barnabus » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:45 am

$2.99 for a 32 page pamthlet? :vmad: no thanks. :roll:
"If you are prepared for a shambling horde of walking corpses that are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for just about anything."
Image

User avatar
teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4293
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:58 pm
Contact:

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by teotwaki » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:43 pm

I'd probably pay £2.14 to see the reviewers thoroughly savage such a cheeky author named "Smart" :clap:
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

User avatar
majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Posts: 6849
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 10:06 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead
Location: Maine

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by majorhavoc » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:09 pm

I'm just amazed the zombies have the organizational skills to actually schedule the apocalypse for 6/18/18. These shambling ghouls are beating the Mayans at their own game. Who knew?

User avatar
teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4293
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:58 pm
Contact:

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by teotwaki » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:16 pm

majorhavoc wrote:I'm just amazed the zombies have the organizational skills to actually schedule the apocalypse for 6/18/18. These shambling ghouls are beating the Mayans at their own game. Who knew?
Holy cow! You are a Genius!!

Mayan Zombies will arise on 6/18/18 !!!!


Image

Image
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 6581
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:58 pm

teotwaki wrote:
majorhavoc wrote:I'm just amazed the zombies have the organizational skills to actually schedule the apocalypse for 6/18/18. These shambling ghouls are beating the Mayans at their own game. Who knew?
Holy cow! You are a Genius!!

Mayan Zombies will arise on 6/18/18 !!!!


Image

Image
All we need now is a bunch of conquistador zombies and we can have a South American version of the Russian vs. Nazi zombie fight from "Dead Snow 2". :lol:

User avatar
Ellywick
* *
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:14 am
Location: Central MO

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by Ellywick » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:39 pm

My first thought after going to the Amazon link and looking at the cover was, "How does that human knot/chain team building game save you from a potential zombie apocalypse?"
"When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl..." "You find someone to carry you."

"She's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true."

taipan821
* * *
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:58 am

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by taipan821 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:45 pm

I'm getting a 'wannabe' feel from reading the blurb.

almost like its a wannabe prepper writing a book for other wannabe preppers.

so, when will the official ZS review come out :awesome:
Vincent Tornado: 2013
Tropical Cyclone Ita: Category 5 landfall 2014
Tropical Cyclone Marcia: Category 5 landfall 2015
Tropical Cyclone Nathan: Category 3 landfall 2015
Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie: Category 4 landfall 2017

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 8693
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by RickOShea » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:48 pm

Image
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
Ellywick
* *
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:14 am
Location: Central MO

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by Ellywick » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:27 pm

taipan821 wrote:I'm getting a 'wannabe' feel from reading the blurb.

almost like its a wannabe prepper writing a book for other wannabe preppers.

so, when will the official ZS review come out :awesome:
When someone is willing to pay $2.99 just for the privilege of tearing it apart :wink:
"When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl..." "You find someone to carry you."

"She's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true."

taipan821
* * *
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:58 am

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by taipan821 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:48 am

Ellywick wrote:
When someone is willing to pay $2.99 just for the privilege of tearing it apart :wink:
It would be a waste of $3, but that would be the best book review I've seen

"It's sh**, don't waste your money" then the rest of the time is spent making confetti
Vincent Tornado: 2013
Tropical Cyclone Ita: Category 5 landfall 2014
Tropical Cyclone Marcia: Category 5 landfall 2015
Tropical Cyclone Nathan: Category 3 landfall 2015
Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie: Category 4 landfall 2017

User avatar
MacWa77ace
* * * * *
Posts: 1768
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:39 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.
Location: South East Florida
Contact:

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:50 am

It's 2 pounds 14. that's like $80 dollars US.
amazon synopsis first sentence wrote:Imagine a world governed by fate in which you are at risk of dying everyday.
Uh, yeah. It's called real life and you don't actually have to imagine it if you're a commuter.

User avatar
teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4293
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:58 pm
Contact:

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by teotwaki » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:07 pm

amazon synopsis first sentence wrote:Imagine a world governed by fate in which you are at risk of dying everyday.
East LA
Image

LA Freeways
Image

Gun Free Zones
Image

Living in Chicago
Image
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

taipan821
* * *
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:58 am

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by taipan821 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:23 pm

teotwaki wrote:
amazon synopsis first sentence wrote:Imagine a world governed by fate in which you are at risk of dying everyday.
East LA
Image

LA Freeways
Image

Gun Free Zones
Image

Living in Chicago
Image
The Australian will refrain from commenting on the above post.
Vincent Tornado: 2013
Tropical Cyclone Ita: Category 5 landfall 2014
Tropical Cyclone Marcia: Category 5 landfall 2015
Tropical Cyclone Nathan: Category 3 landfall 2015
Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie: Category 4 landfall 2017

User avatar
Ellywick
* *
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:14 am
Location: Central MO

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by Ellywick » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:20 am

taipan821 wrote:
Ellywick wrote:
When someone is willing to pay $2.99 just for the privilege of tearing it apart :wink:
It would be a waste of $3, but that would be the best book review I've seen

"It's sh**, don't waste your money" then the rest of the time is spent making confetti
:clap: :lol: I might be willing to chip into a fund to watch someone do that...
"When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl..." "You find someone to carry you."

"She's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true."

User avatar
Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 1249
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:56 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: None

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by Asymetryczna » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:56 pm

and the fact that you are thinking about deciding to buy this book means that you are likely to survive and thrive in the event of a zombie apocalypse.
LMAO. Thanks Jim.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

User avatar
Confucius
* * * * *
Posts: 2729
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: The last, best place

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by Confucius » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:22 pm

June 18th? Where's it starting? Getting married on the 24th and I'd hate to lose the deposit...

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 2344
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by flybynight » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:09 pm

Ellywick wrote:
taipan821 wrote:I'm getting a 'wannabe' feel from reading the blurb.

almost like its a wannabe prepper writing a book for other wannabe preppers.

so, when will the official ZS review come out :awesome:
When someone is willing to pay $2.99 just for the privilege of tearing it apart :wink:
one amazon review
zombie phreak
1.0 out of 5 stars

I Wasn't Impressed
9 March 2018 - Published on Amazon.com
Verified Purchase
It was not very good, it felt like a person wrote this after reading other guides and put very little effort into it.
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 2344
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by flybynight » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:22 pm

On the other hand , the author is quite the accomplished author. (?)

He is the author of............
We need to talk about plastic
Gary the grasshopper
The rich persons book, and ( my favorite title)
F**k the world
among others :clap:
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

User avatar
Ellywick
* *
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:14 am
Location: Central MO

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by Ellywick » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:46 am

flybynight wrote:
Ellywick wrote:
taipan821 wrote:I'm getting a 'wannabe' feel from reading the blurb.

almost like its a wannabe prepper writing a book for other wannabe preppers.

so, when will the official ZS review come out :awesome:
When someone is willing to pay $2.99 just for the privilege of tearing it apart :wink:
one amazon review
zombie phreak
1.0 out of 5 stars

I Wasn't Impressed
9 March 2018 - Published on Amazon.com
Verified Purchase
It was not very good, it felt like a person wrote this after reading other guides and put very little effort into it.
Okay, you gave me the review, now I want the confetti as taipan mentioned (yes, I know, I'm demanding :wink: ).
"When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl..." "You find someone to carry you."

"She's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true."

User avatar
ZombieGranny
* * * * *
Posts: 7392
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:53 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.
Location: PNW

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by ZombieGranny » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:25 am

Image
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

User avatar
Ellywick
* *
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:14 am
Location: Central MO

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by Ellywick » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:13 am

ZombieGranny wrote:Image

:clap: Thanks and Hooray! Even better that it is from Gravity Falls. My kids and I love that show :D
"When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl..." "You find someone to carry you."

"She's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true."

taipan821
* * *
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:58 am

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by taipan821 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:10 pm

ZombieGranny wrote:Image
Perfect! :clap: and that's the official ZS review done!
Vincent Tornado: 2013
Tropical Cyclone Ita: Category 5 landfall 2014
Tropical Cyclone Marcia: Category 5 landfall 2015
Tropical Cyclone Nathan: Category 3 landfall 2015
Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie: Category 4 landfall 2017

User avatar
teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4293
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:58 pm
Contact:

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by teotwaki » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:45 am

freejamal wrote:im crackin up can you guys review some other jim smart books

Will we be paid in US dollars or British Pounds?
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 6581
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:23 pm

teotwaki wrote:
freejamal wrote:im crackin up can you guys review some other jim smart books

Will we be paid in US dollars or British Pounds?
I'd prefer US dollars.

Matter of fact, my starting rate to review stuff is 100 US dollars and goes up from there. It also depends on the amount of stuff I need to review and if you want a brutally honest review or a Nutnfancy type rambling review. :lol:

Post Reply

Return to “What Would You Do?”