Poll time! You are the first newly installed air marshall.

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Choose wisely my son

1. 22 Derringer 2 shot- easily concealed, short on power
6%
2. Browning Buckmark 22 LR
35%
3. Beretta Tomcat- 32 acp
47%
4. Beretta Jetfire-25 acp
No votes
5. Taurus Judge- only 4.10 in #4 shot
12%

Total votes: 17

The Twizzler
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead

Poll time! You are the first newly installed air marshall.

Post by The Twizzler » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:29 pm

So you were a top gun ace and you felt a need for speed. The terror of the skies, a boogeyman for the Soviet Air Force. That was 30 years ago and now your divorced, kicked out of the Navy (with a charitable honorable discharge), you're older, and your pilot license was revoked (due to that unfortunate noodle accident).
Well, you still have some friends in the government who remember your service. The best they could do for you was get you a job as the first air marshall after a certain event took place.
Your Mission:
1. Ride along in in common American airliners (jumbo jets only) to confront a possible (though unlikely terrorist threat).
2. You must be incognito to both passengers and floor crew. That means only concealed carry.
3. Don't bring down the aircraft or allow it to be hijacked (yes I know these could be mutually exclusive, but don't make me bring up the noodle incident).
4. You may only choose from the firearms the Government has approved.
5. No other weapons are allowed! No substitutions! No different calibers!
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he drew his dagger...

woodsghost

Re: Poll time! You are the first newly installed air marshal

Post by woodsghost » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:57 pm

Tomcat in .32ACP. I've always felt the .380 was a bit too much gun for most people.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Aaaaaa Zombies, 28 Days Later

Post by Beowolf » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:16 pm

Frangible bullets and excellent aim, Sig P229.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. Until the time comes. The way is shut.
-
Keeper of the ZS Fleet Number thread.
ZS Wiki

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:25 pm

I'll take the 22 Derringer 2 shot. This sounds like a 80's action movie and everybody knows the former hero disgraced by circumstances beyond his control and forced to become a mall cop of the skies will thwart the terrorists plot to take over the world with his trusty issue 22 Derringer 2 shot that never needs reloading ( except for emphasis before the major gunfight and after it's all over . roll credits ) blasting bad guys with sniper rifle accuracy in between judo chops, round house kicks with spent brass ejecting everywhere at Gatling gun speed as I fan the spur trigger. DAMMM I'M ONE BADASS RABBIT ! :awesome: :crazy: :clownshoes: "Welcome to the friendly skies. ... Buckaroo ! (<--- copyright catch phrase )
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:21 pm

flybynight wrote:I'll take the 22 Derringer 2 shot. This sounds like a 80's action movie and everybody knows the former hero disgraced by circumstances beyond his control and forced to become a mall cop of the skies will thwart the terrorists plot to take over the world with his trusty issue 22 Derringer 2 shot that never needs reloading ( except for emphasis before the major gunfight and after it's all over . roll credits ) blasting bad guys with sniper rifle accuracy in between judo chops, round house kicks with spent brass ejecting everywhere at Gatling gun speed as I fan the spur trigger. DAMMM I'M ONE BADASS RABBIT ! :awesome: :crazy: :clownshoes: "Welcome to the friendly skies. ... Buckaroo ! (<--- copyright catch phrase )
I'd buy a ticket. Let's get this made. I'll start a go-fund-me.

Or maybe the guy just needs two shots and the rest is that Russian martial arts that is all secret and stuff. You break out your shovel and really tear things up. And the spring loaded knife. Cuz those are not really weapons, but rather "accessories," so it fits with Twizz's "no extra weapons."

Yeah. I'm all in on this one. The movie starts with the first shot and we wait the rest of the movie for the last shot. Or that gattling thing. Either way, I'm game.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:39 am

Taurus Judge... because a revolver shoots better upside down...

They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by JeeperCreeper » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:39 am

Taurus Judge... because a revolver shoots better upside down...

Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:32 am

JeeperCreeper wrote:Taurus Judge... because a revolver shoots better upside down...

A double inversion That's AWESOME

John Titor was right

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:32 am

JeeperCreeper wrote:Taurus Judge... because a revolver shoots better upside down...

A double inversion That's AWESOME

John Titor was right

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by JeeperCreeper » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:23 pm

Hahaha damn internet glitch... A double inversion... Two wrongs don't make a right...

Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Aaaaaa Zombies, 28 Days Later

Post by Beowolf » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:45 pm

Beowolf wrote:Frangible bullets and excellent aim, Sig P229.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Ahem.

This is what happens when I visit on Tapatalk and don't see an actual poll.

Beretta Tomcat .32 ACP, thank you very much.
The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. Until the time comes. The way is shut.
-
Keeper of the ZS Fleet Number thread.
ZS Wiki

Ellywick

Post by Ellywick » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:33 am

woodsghost wrote:
flybynight wrote:I'll take the 22 Derringer 2 shot. This sounds like a 80's action movie and everybody knows the former hero disgraced by circumstances beyond his control and forced to become a mall cop of the skies will thwart the terrorists plot to take over the world with his trusty issue 22 Derringer 2 shot that never needs reloading ( except for emphasis before the major gunfight and after it's all over . roll credits ) blasting bad guys with sniper rifle accuracy in between judo chops, round house kicks with spent brass ejecting everywhere at Gatling gun speed as I fan the spur trigger. DAMMM I'M ONE BADASS RABBIT ! :awesome: :crazy: :clownshoes: "Welcome to the friendly skies. ... Buckaroo ! (<--- copyright catch phrase )

Or maybe the guy just needs two shots and the rest is that Russian martial arts that is all secret and stuff. You break out your shovel and really tear things up. And the spring loaded knife. Cuz those are not really weapons, but rather "accessories," so it fits with Twizz's "no extra weapons."

Yeah. I'm all in on this one. The movie starts with the first shot and we wait the rest of the movie for the last shot. Or that gattling thing. Either way, I'm game.
:clap: I agree. I would also like to see this Badass Bunny of the skies! Can we also have some sort of viscious animal being transported on the plane that you have to contend with and make a statement about which becomes a catchphrase? I vote for honey badgers...maybe something like, "I know these honey badgers don't give a shit, but this is my m-f'in plane???? *I'll give you the copyright if you make the movie* :wink:
"When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl..." "You find someone to carry you."

"She's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true."

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:25 am

Ellywick wrote:
woodsghost wrote:

:clap: I agree. I would also like to see this Badass Bunny of the skies! Can we also have some sort of viscious animal being transported on the plane that you have to contend with and make a statement about which becomes a catchphrase? I vote for honey badgers...maybe something like, "I know these honey badgers don't give a shit, but this is my m-f'in plane???? *I'll give you the copyright if you make the movie* :wink:

I see a slow motion shot of the leader of the bad guys falling an impossibly long time ( for the inside of a airplane ) into the grasp of the honey badgers. as the the hero stoically looks on and says "Them Honey Badgers sure don't act sweet "

John Titor was right

Ellywick

Post by Ellywick » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:33 am

flybynight wrote:
Ellywick wrote:
woodsghost wrote:

I see a slow motion shot of the leader of the bad guys falling an impossibly long time ( for the inside of a airplane ) into the grasp of the honey badgers. as the the hero stoically looks on and says "Them Honey Badgers sure don't act sweet "
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!
"When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl..." "You find someone to carry you."

"She's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true."

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:08 am

Ellywick wrote: :clap: I agree. I would also like to see this Badass Bunny of the skies! Can we also have some sort of viscious animal being transported on the plane that you have to contend with and make a statement about which becomes a catchphrase? I vote for honey badgers...maybe something like, "I know these honey badgers don't give a shit, but this is my m-f'in plane???? *I'll give you the copyright if you make the movie* :wink:

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:51 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Ellywick wrote: :clap: I agree. I would also like to see this Badass Bunny of the skies! Can we also have some sort of viscious animal being transported on the plane that you have to contend with and make a statement about which becomes a catchphrase? I vote for honey badgers...maybe something like, "I know these honey badgers don't give a shit, but this is my m-f'in plane???? *I'll give you the copyright if you make the movie* :wink:

I'd like to see a terrorist try to flush the Honey Badger down the airplane toilet during at least one scene and then he gets his eyes clawed out.

This is how movies are made in real life.
That was 30 years ago and now your divorced, kicked out of the Navy (with a charitable honorable discharge), you're older, and your pilot license was revoked (due to that unfortunate noodle accident).
You are too old.

I am going with the Buckmark with a can and a pair of 17" Sais.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

The Twizzler
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead

Post by The Twizzler » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:25 pm

So I suppose I should explain the reasons for these choices in order.
1. Concealed, so the other passengers and crew don't freak out.
2. Mitigation of the chance of piercing the air frame or windows causing explosions and decompression.
3. Meets the first 2 reasons, and has the ability to stop a determined terrorist.
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he drew his dagger...

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:15 pm

The Twizzler wrote:So I suppose I should explain the reasons for these choices in order.
2. Mitigation of the chance of piercing the air frame or windows causing explosions and decompression.
3. Meets the first 2 reasons, and has the ability to stop a determined terrorist.
In my movie the power and penetration is selective to how it advances the story. one instant a terrorist can stop my bullets with a pillow and the next penetrate the ten inch thick steel statue one of the passengers brought and blow the bad guys head clean off. I don't have to worry about concealment as all the passengers got killed by the bad guys . Yep it's just me, one good looking stewardess. my laser sighted derringer ,the terrorist and ten angry badgers.

John Titor was right

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:18 am

flybynight wrote:
The Twizzler wrote:So I suppose I should explain the reasons for these choices in order.
In my movie the power and penetration is selective to how it advances the story. one instant a terrorist can stop my bullets with a pillow and the next penetrate the ten inch thick steel statue one of the passengers brought and blow the bad guys head clean off. I don't have to worry about concealment as all the passengers got killed by the bad guys . Yep it's just me, one good looking stewardess. my laser sighted derringer ,the terrorist and ten angry badgers.
Just one Stewardess? You need to get your head in the game. If the movie is going to drag on for 75 minutes then you have time for multiple love interests. That is how James Bond rolls.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:23 am

Stercutus wrote:
flybynight wrote:
Just one Stewardess? You need to get your head in the game. If the movie is going to drag on for 75 minutes then you have time for multiple love interests. That is how James Bond rolls.
None of this sissified Bond crap. This will be full on Clint Schwarzennorrisallone,

John Titor was right

TheContractor

Re: Poll time! You are the first newly installed air marshall.

Post by TheContractor » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:04 am

If those guns were my only options I would resign my position as an Air Marshall, take a position on the flight deck, join the Federal Flight Deck Officer Program, and pick up an H&K P2000. Then I would actually be able to protect the people on any given flight. Of course in all seriousness it is not hard to conceal a larger firearm, explosive decompression is not real, frangible ammo in a compact or full size duty gun in a reasonable caliber would mitigate physical damage to the aircraft, and mouse gun calibers only make terrorists angry and get innocent people killed. Even larger handgun calibers like 9mm, 40sw and 45acp do not automatically stop people from aggressive actions once shot.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:29 am

Well, first I'd explain to the folks who hired me that it's "marshal", with one "L" and ask what their real game is because they're obviously not the government. The government does a lot of stupid things but spelling errors are seldom on the list.

Once I found out what the real game is I'd either make a tactical withdrawal using the weapon I already had on me or cut myself in for a bigger slice. 8-)
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

reyes
BANNED

Post by reyes » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:51 am

I"ll take the buckmark, if I can shorten the barrel and the butt/mag, thin the butt a lot, for better concealment, and add a silencer of my own design. Best chance for a good outcome is a braced position ambush and brain hit, without anyone else noticing much of anything.

Zimmy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later, Return of the Living Dead

Post by Zimmy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:44 pm

Buckmark, obviously. As a certified COLD WARRIOR my aim will be as true as my commie crunching morals. My FREEDOM SEEDS will provide perfect demobilization of the joints as my COLT THRUSTS them inside these insidious pagans.

Then my peers at the various alphabets can get to the bottom of this once and for all.
Boldly going nowhere

Return to “What Would You Do?”