How Do You Rate These Items in Importance?

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Ellywick

Re: How Do You Rate These Items in Importance?

Post by Ellywick » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:32 pm

Wallet- My wallet is large and contains my ID, credit/debit cards, at least $20 cash, small pocket knife (cause women's pants don't usually have good pockets for those sorts of things) chapstick, tweezers, checkbook, and a whole lotta receipts

Cell phone- My cell phone comes before my keys because even though I need my keys to drive to work everyday and to unlock variious rooms in my office, since I have had children I am notorious for leaving my keys places or locking them in things like cars, my office, or the breakroom. At least with the phone, I can call someone to come help me

Keys- house, 4 for work, parent's house, and two vehicles

And, more recently, a Leatherman Multitool

To be honest, I lug around a large purse in which I carry the items above, along with things like my schedule/planner, various common OTC meds like ibuprofen or antacids, nail clippers, writing utensils, a notebook, make-up, altoids, and sometimes a book. However, if I am just running somewhere quickly from my office, I wll usually just grab the above-mentioned items.
"When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl..." "You find someone to carry you."

"She's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true."

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Re: How Do You Rate These Items in Importance?

Post by ineffableone » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:52 am

ineffableone wrote:Mine is a bit different priority it seems. But then I am a smoker. So the lighter and tobacco rank #1. Also I am light sensitive, so sunglasses rank high for me. I often still need them on grey overcast days as the diffused light can still be as bad as bright sun.

Lighter/tobacco
sunglasses
BRKT Aurora knife
keys

The wallet didn't even make the top 4 due to me living off grid and needing it is often only if I go into town which often isn't for days if not weeks. Similarly I don't regularly need the keys so actually might really be bumped off the list by other items but there is no 1 other thing to take it's place. In the summer I might say sun hat but then is that really a carry or a wear? Or possibly my walking stick since in I rarely leave without it. Or maybe my loppers, as I tend to carry them most times walking about my property, but I don't tend to take them with me if I leave. Well you get the idea, so I put the keys in, since they seemed to fit the question the best, and I figured I should have at least 1 of the official items still in my list since the knife really isn't CCW as it is open carried and primarily a tool rather than weapon.
Ok I figured out what always goes with me besides keys ( since I only carry them if I am needing to drive), and it actually changes the entire ranking. It is such a part of my EDC I forgot to even include it as I just don't think about it.

40 oz wide mouth Kleen Kanteen water bottle with insulation sleeve
Lighter/tobacco
sunglasses
BRKT Aurora knife

The water bottle was a habit I picked up when living in AZ. Before that in the PNW I barely thought about water. But in AZ it taught me a true appreciation for always having water with you. It is so ingrained I just didin't even think of it for the list the first time round. I will occasionally forget my lighter or my tobacco, or sunglasses, or knife. I Never forget my water bottle.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Return to “What Would You Do?”