It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:08 pm 

So a couple goes into the woods for a romantic camping trip and the guy has been in these woods before and the woman is totally a city girl. It's really more a thriller along the the lines of The Edge and actually really well acted as well. The writing is touch and go but I would give it 4 out of 5 stars. The soundtrack is great 5 out of 5, wait for the song at the end.
Spoilers
x
x
x
x
x
x
They run into the biggest black bear (it's real) I have ever seen. Mistakes are made. No gun, no map, no phone. The girl at least brings a road flare and a can of bear spray. The guy is just determined to get to this one romantic spot and disregards all common sense, however, if you were the woman in the movie and were already in the woods with only these 2 items and common sense what would you do. Don't say prepare better :( she winds up there and has no outdoor knowledge. Imagine if you were ignorant of outdoor survival but applied only what you might have gleaned from TV.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:31 am 

If I only knew what I had seen on TV:

I"d stick the road flare and bear spray in my pocket and head out in the forest. Maybe take some cans of food and a kitchen pot as well.

I'd drink my own pee first and foremost. When in doubt, drink your pee.

I'd look for moss on trees. I would not be certain why, but I'd have a firm conviction that it was necessary.

I might also try digging a big hole (10x10x10 ft) in the ground and put spikes in it and cover it with a tarp. To trap the bear. I'd get two feet down, two feet across, and quit. Maybe put some little spikes in there, just cuz. This might actually work.....

Did I mention pee? I'd drink it. Maybe look for camel dung too.

I would paint my face with mud. Probably cut or tear some of my clothing away. That way I can be one with nature, more sexy, increase movement, and show the world I"m "serious."

I"d grab some poison ivy and slather it on my bum. More out of ignorance than anything else.

I"d wonder where all the bugs were coming from. Loudly. And often.

I"d make a spear out of a random stick, and probably tie some cloth to it. Probably some of the clothing I cut away earlier. 3 ft is long enough for a stick, right?

I would yell for help, and maybe make a fire and some smoke signals.

Those condoms I brought? Slingshots. They would be used as slingshots to make the bear go away.

I would look for batteries, wires, and water, because I"m sure Myth Busters had something about that being a bear killing device.

I"d watch episodes Survivor on Netflix, if the cabin had internet access. If that show is even still on Netflix.

I would hope I knew the difference between bear spray and spray paint. Somehow I feel my life would depend on this knowledge. And making the right choice.

If I actually met someone in the woods I would instantly trust them. Everyone in the woods is trustworthy, especially if they are a stranger. And hot. And exactly my own age so it's not creepy or anything. And if we traveled for several nights, well.... it's hookup time!!!! Cuz that is always a good decision. Maybe I don't need those slingshots.....

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:53 am 

I don't know what shows you guys are watching but that's just crazy. None of that could actually happen or help.
Me I 'd just make friends with my bear brother. Unless he was evil Then I would avoid him for as long as possible til a final confrontation where I would be saved by the mountain lion I gave aid to earlier in the story. Then I would ride triumphantly through the forest on the shoulders of Bigfoot who had been secretly observing me to ascertain that I was one of the woods brothers

That or I'd just shoot the bear with a conveniently plugged in lamp shade shotgun . :awesome:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:07 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Is that the one with the chick from Stick It? I thought it was decent. I had the biggest crush on that actress in high school so probably why I liked it so much...

zero11010 wrote:
The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:51 am 

woodsghost wrote:
If I only knew what I had seen on TV:

Don't forget you have to jump off of something really high up, for no good reason. A water landing into a strange body of water that you have never seen before with an unknown depth is practically mandatory.

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:35 pm 

Well she slipped trying to crawl down a mossy waterfall to get away from the bear and broke her leg, but lets not argue over the little things.

[/quote]

Don't forget you have to jump off of something really high up, for no good reason. A water landing into a strange body of water that you have never seen before with an unknown depth is practically mandatory.[/quote]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:38 pm 

Yep, that's her.

JeeperCreeper wrote:
Is that the one with the chick from Stick It? I thought it was decent. I had the biggest crush on that actress in high school so probably why I liked it so much...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:24 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

woodsghost wrote:
I'd drink my own pee first and foremost. When in doubt, drink your pee.

From a snakeskin. Ha, that is funny.