If you took strangers in your home,what'd be your 3 rules?

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Stercutus

Re: If you took strangers in your home,what'd be your 3 rules?

Post by Stercutus » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:43 am

Ah see now, killing people over spilling a glass of water is kind of that illegal stuff I was hinting at earlier.
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:45 am

Stercutus wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:43 am
Ah see now, killing people over spilling a glass of water is kind of that illegal stuff I was hinting at earlier.
Seeing as how this is a "What if?" thread in the WWYD sub-forum, and he's only talking about very hypothetical rules, I'll allow it, but it is just about as close to that hard line in the sand as I'll allow on my watch. 8-)
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

grumpyviking

Post by grumpyviking » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:04 am

I have one rule: if you don't know them, haven't worked with them or spent time with them, then DONT TRUST THEM.
I live by this rule on a daily basis.
Survive, Adapt & Evolve .

ssgcmw

Post by ssgcmw » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:25 pm

I would probably use the three rules that our principal had at my first teaching gig:

1) Take care of yourself
2) Take care of each other
3) Take care of this place

Zed Hunter

Post by Zed Hunter » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:59 am

1 I am in control and am always right.
2 If you have a suggestion refer to rule 1.
3 you dont like it dont let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

RoneKiln

Post by RoneKiln » Sun May 26, 2019 5:40 pm

ssgcmw wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:25 pm
I would probably use the three rules that our principal had at my first teaching gig:

1) Take care of yourself
2) Take care of each other
3) Take care of this place
This is extremely similar to how I have run near every work crew I've ever led. The only difference was rule three.

3) Everything that can go wrong, will go wrong in the worst way possible; and we will still make this awesome.

"Take care of this place" is far better for maintaining a home or community.

Both my personal experience and mountains of research indicate authoritarian leadership does not make good group dynamics nor foster quality growth in people unless part of a large organization that incorporates a lot of training (like a military). This is one of the reasons vets often have so much trouble transitioning to the civilian work place, and why kids from very strict families tend to be screwups. I can't afford to screw up the people around me by trying to run my home like a strict dictatorship. It's certainly not a democracy, but I need people to speak up at the right times, take initiative, and not walking on eggshells all the time. I'm not a dictator. "Barbarian Warlord" might be more appropriate.
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

manacheck
Favorite Zombie Movies: Train to Busan

Post by manacheck » Sun May 26, 2019 9:37 pm

RoneKiln - I second your two cents wholeheartedly. :clap:

In that kind of situation, someone I don't even know yet growling at me threateningly: "I'm the boss. You're dependent on me. Do what I say or else. I might even kill you if you do something I dislike... like talk to my child." will have the precise effect of making me an enemy.

Aggressive threats that would be illegal, or at least, incredibly anger-inciting, under regular circumstances, levelled under stressful circumstances?? That's an impossibly difficult social screw-up for even the otherwise-pretty-okay leader to bounce back from. Just like when your parent overthreatens you or overpunishes you, all that happens is a loss of respect. If they have to be jerks, then you're not going to be safe there, which means they are weak.

On the other hand, "You're one of us. You're valuable and we need you. Here's how to do it." will have me bending over backwards for those same complete strangers. If it's like that for me, why on earth would I expect it to be different for anyone else?
"It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness."

GEMINI[]92
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the dead, zombie land, night of living dead1968, shawn of the dead, return night of the dead 1965, white zombie etc

Post by GEMINI[]92 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:01 pm

If I took a stranger in my home. Oh this 3 rules would be a simple rule.

1. DO NOT EAT MY SHIT ALL UP IN ONE DAY!

2. When I'm not home he or she isn't allowed in the house. (He or she is stranger. Shit go missing. he or she will go missing as well.) Anywho...

3. If he or she isn't in the house at the certain time. They are shit out of luck. Ain't open that door. PERIOD. She or he should've been the house. Anywho...

Yep if she or he follow those rule then we wouldn't have miss understanding. :o :D

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:09 pm

1. I don't let strangers into my home.
  2. No, really, I don't let strangers into my home.
  3. I absolutely am not letting strangers into my home.
I look at it this way, if I'm not going to let any of my family in, why would I let a stranger in?
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

GEMINI[]92
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the dead, zombie land, night of living dead1968, shawn of the dead, return night of the dead 1965, white zombie etc

Post by GEMINI[]92 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:04 pm

NT2C wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:09 pm
  1. I don't let strangers into my home.
  2. No, really, I don't let strangers into my home.
  3. I absolutely am not letting strangers into my home.
I look at it this way, if I'm not going to let any of my family in, why would I let a stranger in?
Oh shit Haha hehe. Damn that's deep. Damn, Why I never thought about not letting my family in. Naw my family kick the door down.

CaptainDrewBoy

Post by CaptainDrewBoy » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:22 am

These are the rules:
1) All people staying here first go into quarantine for 48 hours, they will also be put back into quarantine when showing bite marks, scratch marks or flu symptoms.
2) This ain't a democracy; do what your uppers tell you.
3) Don't do anything stupid. Examples include fighting zombies unarmed and going into other buildings without proper equipment.
Let's all be as safe as possible, 'aight?

Return to “What Would You Do?”