It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:17 pm 

Okay, so here's the set up...
Your a new resident in Perfection, Nevada...

You know the problem they've had with the "graboids" and except for the tourists trickling in from time to time, your the only new resident...
Of course any problems with the Graboids are normally handled by your neighbor on the other side of the valley,
Burt...

The two of your have become fast friends, even though he thinks your obsession with Zombies is a bit unreasonable, being of the traditional tin foil hat brigade, he's more worried about black helicopters and whatnot...

But as luck would have it, the Zombies do appear and run amok.

At first the Graboids come and start eating all the zeds that show up, but an unfortunate side effect happens, the zombies begin eating the Graboids from the inside out, so now you've got...

ZOMBIE GRABOIDS!!!

You and Burt are holding out at the hardware store, and they're coming close now...

What do you do, what to do!!!
So what do you do...

Only rule is that you can't introduce anything that you don't own, or that wasn't seen in the first Tremors film....

That means no hidden cache of explosives, no wayward army unit showing up, and absolutely no Chuck Norris with a lightsaber...

Just you, Burt, and an assload of weapons...

Enjoy.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:24 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Do the graboids have brains? Will head shots work on them? Im guessing the end with the mouth is the head but theres no real way to get a zed stopping head shot on them being under ground so much.

I guess we can make due with his bombs. "Why do you have cannon fuse. It's for my cannon."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:28 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Location: Aboard Baron von Counterculture's groovy purple dirigible, glaring down through a monocle.
How is a zombie Graboid any different than a regular one? I've never seen the movie, but, if they attack people, what's the difference?

shrapnel wrote:
Darling, I would never fondle your sphenoid.
Dr. Cox wrote:
People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings.
JamesCannon wrote:
Shrapnel, if you were a superhero, you'd be Captain Buzzkill Peener Pain.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:52 pm 

SHIT!!! I FUCKING HATE GRABOIDS!!! Umm lemme think lemme think lemme think. I GOT IT.
-throws cell phone opposite direction from truck while it plays Baby by Justin Beiber-
-Mad dash to truck-
-tears off to house-
-runs inside and grabs dirt bike keys-
-mad dash to bike-
-leaves-
-forgets Burt-
-slaps forehead-
-goes to Norris residence-
-asks Chuck to help rescue Burt-
-Chuck punches me-
-dies-

As time goes by, I know I'll die. I'm mortal, I can face it. Yet still I say, no f*cking way, will I go in your basement,

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:56 am 

shrapnel wrote:
How is a zombie Graboid any different than a regular one? I've never seen the movie, but, if they attack people, what's the difference?

You've never seen Tremors?????

Hmmmm... Okay.

There are three varieties of Graboid shown in the films. The standard Graboid, seen in all four films, is a subterranean animal, resembling a gigantic worm or grub, with a serpentine body ,four massive, black, armored beaks on its head, and no eyes. It also has several spikes on its sides that it uses to push itself along underground.
It sense movement thru ground vibrations....

The Graboid reaches maturity then dies, giving birth to two/three or more young, these are mobile, bipedal and they sense thru infrared by sensors on their heads... The attack anything that gives off warmth...

the third variant is slightly more bizarre, much like the second gen, they have a few extra special enhancements...
they can fly and belch fire from their ass. Yep, they fart fire...

for now, we'll concentrate on the first type, the 40 foot long worm that burrows under the ground at speeds about 20 to 30 miles per hour, but can double that in bursts.

Zombiefied, they're probably a lot slower, but equally deadly, and more'n likely smell really bad. Also, the primary way of killing Graboids was to sucker them into ingesting explosives, but zombie graboids probably won't be as easy to trick.
Also graboids could be sent scattering by explosive sounds that hurt them, thru their sensitivity to noise, Zombie Graboids won't be so susceptible... So instead of being so dumb that they are smart, they get dumber and become genius...

They're skin is worm like but super tough, and they primarily stick underground until right before they grab at you with one of several prehensile tongues which have little mouths at each end and are used for dragging you down and into the primary mouth.

I would assume that upon their dying/zombiefication, they'll probably release the 2nd generation ones, which are fast and much tougher hides...

So basically anything under a 50 cal will at best dent them.

However, they have at best a decentralized nervous system, so the brain kinda trails all the way back... Destroying the brain with one shot is nigh impossible.... The second gen seems to have a more normal brain structure... But the hide is even thicker...

One caveat, they can't travel thru solid rock and Perfection is surrounded by granite mountains.
But you have to get there first... By then you'll have the other generations to deal with... :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:19 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

So are graboids a metaphore for a disaster like zombies? If so what is this disaster I mean "graboid"? Earth, wind, fire, water, or biological warfare?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:04 am 

A person on a prepper site that hasn't seen Tremor's is like a pot smoker that hasn't seen Pink Floyd's The Wall. You must immediately procure this series of movies set aside 6-8 hours, sit your butt down, and for God's sake, take note's!

But, fart just one time.......

Tolerance and diversity, make me want to vomit!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:36 am 

I recall the second and third gens were not as well protected as the big mamas. My M1A and Port ball should be GTG.

My FOS isn't quite as big as Burt's but I have a collection that can give him a run for his money.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:48 am 

Shrap, as a non-pot-smoker not-really-prepper who has seen both The Wall and the complete Tremors trilogy, I am disappoint.

Also, zombie graboids would be easy as long as they're of the slow variety. Regular graboids took their sweet dramatic time chasing down a running human, so slow zombie versions could be outrun on foot (what's the subterranean equivalent of shambling, anyway?). Provided you don't have to smell the undead ones, which must smell worse than the live ones, which smell worse than the dead ones.

As for fast zombie graboids? Just stay on those residual boulders and wait to die, because you're fucked.

Wro-ong, do it again!
Stand still laddie!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:55 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Dear this thread:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

fuckin' zombie squad......

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:26 pm 

With Burt, we will kick some shell. As long as he doesn't miss.....with a cannon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:00 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

The rules "You're allowed the things seen in the movies" and 'no hidden cache of explosives" clash since explosives were used in the 2nd movie. Burt had a truckload of explosives in the 2nd movie.

Til we get a ruling on explsoives I'm going to say this:

Big heavy tracked machine + big speakers + collection of music with some bass + shit-ton of .45 Colt ammo + hand-cranked Gattling gun from 4th movie = my solution to zombie graboids

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:10 am 

sorry to be a party pooper but.... how are the graboids around if the zombies ate them from the inside out?
zombies dont tend to leave left overs and go after the brains... therefore the graboid would have no brain
furthermore to summerize ergo, i.e , no head shot needed to kill something with no brain....oooorrrrrr
maybe because they have no brain now a head shot wont kill a zombie graboid!!!! OOOOHHHHH NOOOEEESSS!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:58 am 

DFWMTX wrote:
The rules "You're allowed the things seen in the movies" and 'no hidden cache of explosives" clash since explosives were used in the 2nd movie. Burt had a truckload of explosives in the 2nd movie.

Til we get a ruling on explsoives I'm going to say this:

Big heavy tracked machine + big speakers + collection of music with some bass + shit-ton of .45 Colt ammo + hand-cranked Gattling gun from 4th movie = my solution to zombie graboids

That's good, a second hidden cache of explosives, like finding a military convoy where the soldiers are all gone is out. Reaching into the back of Burt's truck is fine... If it's fine with Burt that is... His stuff... Ask nicely.

EMT.Ford wrote:
sorry to be a party pooper but.... how are the graboids around if the zombies ate them from the inside out?
zombies dont tend to leave left overs and go after the brains... therefore the graboid would have no brain
furthermore to summerize ergo, i.e , no head shot needed to kill something with no brain....oooorrrrrr
maybe because they have no brain now a head shot wont kill a zombie graboid!!!! OOOOHHHHH NOOOEEESSS!!!

The Graboids seem to have a non centralized nervous system in worm state, so once they've got enough bites inside they turn zombie and end up a flappy holey stinky mess that just happens to wanna eat even more than the did.
Zed leave leftovers all the time, once the body dies they chew for a while, but then stop once the creature is dead. I also propose that one zed eaten will not have any time to eat enough of the Graboid to incapacitate it. Hell a half dozen Zeds trying to devour a Graboid would take weeks to finish.

Imagine, you chuck explosives and the Graboid Zed comes above ground and you blitz it with a few shots from Burts 50 cal. After the dust settles a group of zeds come out and attack.

Or a Graboid is dying and the 2nd gen graboids climb out, born zombiefied, making them err, really bad news.

Hell, lets get detailed, you and Burt blow the shit out of a Graboid Zed and while cheering a victory four Zeds come piling out and shambling towards you.
They are dressed exactly like the Beatles during the Seargent Peppers tour.

Harrison McCartney and Lennon all head towards you... Ringo just kinda walks around in a circle before climbing back inside the Graboid carcass.

Enjoy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:15 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I get dibbs on capping zombie Lennon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:35 am 

i try to hook ringos bell-bottoms and pull him down

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:09 am 

Beowolf wrote:
Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.

wee drop o' bush wrote:
THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:22 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Mr. E. Monkey wrote:

NOOOOOO !!!
Graboid (1st Gen)= Bad
Zombie Graboid= Worse
Zombie Graboid on fire= forget it, you're toast

Come on Mr E. you've been around here for long enough to know how bad an idea that is :P

I think this might be the only option

But thats OK, Burt's sorted for this too

Winner, PMBoB

LowKey wrote:
INCH bags are to lifeboats what BOBs are to life vests.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:26 pm 

ForgeCorvus wrote:
Come on Mr E. you've been around here for long enough to know how bad an idea that is :P

Almost as bad an idea as moving to Perfection in the first place? :mrgreen:

Beowolf wrote:

wee drop o' bush wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:34 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Personally, I'd hand Burt my cellphone, and have him call and see if his ex-wife would come over...

:twisted: :lol: :twisted:

Here's to those gone before us, and here's to the next man who dies."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:11 am 

we'd just have to put his guns in my f350 and haul ass.

"God does not punish us, he gives us challenges and opportunities to kick ass. If God is angry, it is because we are pissing and moaning and whining and not kicking ass. Go forth, and kick the shit out of the zombies, amen."

DavePAL84 wrote:
I'm a floral dress wearing, mojito drinking kinda gal.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:46 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

syntax_error wrote:
So are graboids a metaphore for a disaster like zombies? If so what is this disaster I mean "graboid"? Earth, wind, fire, water, or biological warfare?

I don't think this thread needs any 70's R&B band involvement as I don't recall them being in the first movie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:36 am 

Hydrostatic wrote:
SHIT!!! I FUCKING HATE GRABOIDS!!! Umm lemme think lemme think lemme think. I GOT IT.
-throws cell phone opposite direction from truck while it plays Baby by Justin Beiber--Mad dash to truck-
-tears off to house-
-runs inside and grabs dirt bike keys-
-mad dash to bike-
-leaves-
-forgets Burt-
-slaps forehead-
-goes to Norris residence-
-asks Chuck to help rescue Burt-
-Chuck punches me-
-dies-

Your post lost me after you knew the name of any of that kids songs..... :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:47 pm 

Phoenix David wrote:
syntax_error wrote:

I don't think this thread needs any 70's R&B band involvement as I don't recall them being in the first movie

:lol:

Beowolf wrote:

wee drop o' bush wrote: