It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Not ideal but can you make it work
1. Single shot 12 ga shotgun break action with 18" barrel 47%  47%  [ 15 ]
2. Single action copy of Colt Peacemaker in 45colt with 6 " brl 53%  53%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 32
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:44 pm 

The Twizzler wrote:
:| No, pick one or the other. No holsters, spears, knives, lobsters or potato guns. To be kind I will allow you a pizza cutter, enjoy.

wamba wrote:
I'll take the Peacemaker, I have a longtime love affair with single action revolvers. Plus if I can get (or fashion) a holster I'll have both hands free.
Any chance my friends/family will let me have a kitchen knife to fashion a short spear?

I like pizza. You're buying right? Wait..... no potato gun either? Deal breaker. Me and cyclops are vamanos ( see what I did there. I left with the cyclops so I kinda did get the Lobster fork.)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:39 pm 

I was thinking about the break action shotgun. If both guns run out of ammo at least with the break action I have what is effectively a Steel Mace once I take the barrel off. With the revolver it's just a normal everyday hammer.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:02 pm 

We can't change guns, but can we pick up [trade for] more ammo?
If yes 12ga is way more common than .45LC

But if we are stuck with 50 rds for 'reasons' it's a close call.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:03 pm 

Nope. 50 rounds is all you get for the trip home.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:21 pm 

The Twizzler wrote:
I was thinking about the break action shotgun. If both guns run out of ammo at least with the break action I have what is effectively a Steel Mace once I take the barrel off. With the revolver it's just a normal everyday hammer.
If you take your cold chisel to the end of that barrel. You could make a wicked cool lobster fork :v: :v: :v:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:12 pm 

I voted Shotgun for the fact that it can be used as a weapon empty. Wonder if it'd make an effective blunderbuss-ish thing without blowing off your hand...

raptor wrote:
...I am allergic to bullets;I break out in blood.
jnathan wrote:
... you can choke on my Hebrew National.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:41 pm 

longy wrote:
and just exactly WHY do i only get such lame choices? If the issue is shortage of money, I''d sell both and get a used Marlin Papoose Takedown .22lr and a Phoenix Arms HP22 and put silencers on both of them. But, in reality, I'd do whatever it took to get the money to get proper weaponry) and skill with same. All you have to do is go sign up for a semester's classes at your local jr college. Such, including the books run about 3k per semester. They will give you a 3k grant and a 6k loan. the loan is at 7 %, does not come due for a year, you can defer it for 4 years if you stay in college. (8 years if you go half time) They will accept $60 a month as payment on a 6k loan, and you can make $240 a month selling your blood plasma. If you have any brains, you'll take firefighting, police work, nursing, or teaching, cause you dont have to repay loans for such careers. Poof, end of money shortage for prepping.

Well you just Dave Ramsey'ed the shit outta that one didn't you. Zantra and Twizzler threads = peanut butter and jelly.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:13 pm 

longy wrote:
people are limited only by their imagination. The OP has nearly none, so he's VERY limited. My post was to anyone with half a brain. Which apparently, leaves you out of it, too.

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:45 pm 

yossarian wrote:
longy wrote:
and just exactly WHY do i only get such lame choices? If the issue is shortage of money, I''d sell both and get a used Marlin Papoose Takedown .22lr and a Phoenix Arms HP22 and put silencers on both of them. But, in reality, I'd do whatever it took to get the money to get proper weaponry) and skill with same. All you have to do is go sign up for a semester's classes at your local jr college. Such, including the books run about 3k per semester. They will give you a 3k grant and a 6k loan. the loan is at 7 %, does not come due for a year, you can defer it for 4 years if you stay in college. (8 years if you go half time) They will accept $60 a month as payment on a 6k loan, and you can make $240 a month selling your blood plasma. If you have any brains, you'll take firefighting, police work, nursing, or teaching, cause you dont have to repay loans for such careers. Poof, end of money shortage for prepping.

Well you just Dave Ramsey'ed the shit outta that one didn't you. Zantra and Twizzler threads = peanut butter and jelly.

I didn't know those professions did not have to pay back student loans. I know quite a few people around here that are going to be happy as hell when they get the word.

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:37 am 

LOL :lol: .Longy I think you must be a pretty smart guy, but some people can't see the forest for the trees. It was a thought exercise for fun. Zombies aren't real but sometimes it's fun to place ourselves in imagined situations. It harms no one and it's great fun. You should try it sometime. :words:

Stercutus wrote:
longy wrote:
people are limited only by their imagination. The OP has nearly none, so he's VERY limited. My post was to anyone with half a brain. Which apparently, leaves you out of it, too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:57 pm 

The Twizzler wrote:
LOL :lol: .Longy I think you must be a pretty smart guy, but some people can't see the forest for the trees. It was a thought exercise for fun. Zombies aren't real but sometimes it's fun to place ourselves in imagined situations. It harms no one and it's great fun. You should try it sometime. :words:

Just to add on; while I was thinking about all this, I realized most of the difficult situations I have faced in life had me going in with less than I would have preferred. I usually had to make what was on hand work, and Twiz's threads push some of that same Macgyver thinking.

You never know when you'll need to get a car back up and running with a paper clip, a rubber band, and some chewing gum.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:06 pm 

I'll take the shotgun. It has more uses for survival if I run dry on ammo. That probably won't happen, but just in case.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:58 pm 

I took the Colt.

Enough power to take a deer,dog,or small creature, as well as a man/zombie. Light enough (I assume I'm walking 250 miles) and the ammo is lighter as well - less weight for gun = more weight for food/gear. No holster ? tuck it in your belt, or make one out of string/paracord.
The only way to survive in the PAW is to avoid fights if at all possible- no video game med pack cures here...

Cb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:56 am 

12g for me. I can keep 3 reloads between the fingers like cigarettes. I used to have a breech 10g with a full choke for hunting geese. I could get 3 rounds off in less than 10 seconds. The shoulder bruises were quite colorful if you didn't make sure to pull it in tight :)

Also as others have said, better weapon if I run out of ammo or do not have enough time to reload.