ZS Member

raptor wrote:
Stercutus wrote:
Quote:
One of these @ $499 + $25 transfer fee $425

:clap:

You sir, should run for public office.

Yep you caught me.

That is why I cannot be a politician. .. when (not if) I cheat and get caught; I fess up. :lol:

Oh, they apologize... But they apologize and don't fix the error.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:30 pm 

flybynight wrote:
raptor wrote:
Stercutus wrote:
Quote:
One of these @ $499 + $25 transfer fee $425

:clap:

You sir, should run for public office.

Yep you caught me.

That is why I cannot be a politician. .. when (not if) I cheat and get caught; I fess up. :lol:

Might want to rethink becoming a accountant also. :clownshoes:

He just has to find the right client....

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:11 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

After I cried and cried and cried at the shoreline.....

Good scoped savage bolt gun in .30-06 ~$300
keltec Sub2000 in 9mm with 6 mags ~ $700

(No taxes in the Zpoc)

80% of the ammo $ in 9mm
10% in 30-06
10% in .22lr. (I'll find one eventually)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:12 am 

I have seen those Kel-Tecs as cheap as $459 on line on sale, Glock Mags as cheap as $15 pretty regularly. Buying on the spur of the moment might be tough but should still come in well under $700.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:52 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Here's a list that I figured out using sale prices and to get as many OK guns as possible:

-Hatfield 20 gauge ($100 at Walmart)
-Mossberg .22 Plinkster rifle ($125)
-EAA Witness 9mm ($250)
-Mosin Nagant ($200... should be $99 if you ask me)
-SKS (around $375 for a decent one... again, should be $99)

zero11010 wrote:
The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:32 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

JeeperCreeper wrote:

You're tellin me... I remember when I could scoop up an all-matching M44 for $150 and a M91/30 for $100, and Finns were "expensive" at $200, TT pistols were running in the $150's if that, Tok ammo was 5c/rd, SKS's were running in the $250-300's and you could get an AK all day every day for $300.

Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:26 pm 

I used to think AKs were high at $369. I kept wondering who would buy one at such a high price. :?

Now I am truly baffled. AR's are cheaper and AKs remain high. I guess it has to do with scarcity.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:47 pm 

Dogan wrote:
JeeperCreeper wrote:

You're tellin me... I remember when I could scoop up an all-matching M44 for $150 and a M91/30 for $100, and Finns were "expensive" at $200, TT pistols were running in the $150's if that, Tok ammo was 5c/rd, SKS's were running in the $250-300's and you could get an AK all day every day for $300.

I'm pretty young and I bought my first rifle (SKS) for $150, and later a Mosin for $59.

keep in mind that (according to the first calculator on google) $150 when I bought my SKS is around $231 in todays dollars. They are certainly keeping ahead of inflation, but don't fall into the trap of thinking in yesterdays dollars.

The endless supply of crappy surplus guns had to dry up sometime, and while it is sad for highschoolers on a budget I have a hard time feeling bad for an adult that can't afford $200 for a gun.

AK, Glock, Pie.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:32 pm 

Nathan Arizona Sr.: You want that $25,000 reward, you go ahead and claim it. What's there to talk about?

Leonard Smalls: Price. A fair price. That's not what you say it is, and it's not what I say it is... It's what the market will bear. Now there's people - and I know 'em - who'll pay a lot more than $25,000 for a healthy baby. Why, I myself fetched $30,000 on the black market. And that was in 1954 dollars.

RonnyRonin wrote:
Dogan wrote:
JeeperCreeper wrote:

I'm pretty young and I bought my first rifle (SKS) for $150, and later a Mosin for $59.

keep in mind that (according to the first calculator on google) $150 when I bought my SKS is around $231 in todays dollars. They are certainly keeping ahead of inflation, but don't fall into the trap of thinking in yesterdays dollars.

The endless supply of crappy surplus guns had to dry up sometime, and while it is sad for highschoolers on a budget I have a hard time feeling bad for an adult that can't afford $200 for a gun.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:37 am 

An inexpensive reliable handgun like a Glock, a holster, and the rest on ammo.
(Maybe some training if any money left over)

SUMMERGEDDON: IX, X, XII, XIII, XIV, XV, XVI
SUMMER BUG OUT: XIII

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:42 am 

Because the OP said I thought trouble could hit in less than a week I went out and shopped what was available right now, off the shelf.

Remington bolt action rifle in .223 with scope $330
Mossberg 12 ga pump, with 18" barrel and 28" barrel $360
S&W 9mm duty sized pistol on sale for $320

That would mean I would need a $10 credit from the accessories account for the scope and the extra shotty barrel.

I considered trading the .223 for a
Ruger .380 on sale $200 and a savage youth single shot .22 on sale for $130, If I found lots of .22 ammo...but how likely is that?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:52 pm 

Wait I just noticed the sportsman guide does their 4 pay plan for club members even on firearms.
That means my payments are spread out of 4 months with a 25% payment due each month.

Sooo, if I order $4,000 in firearms, I will need to pay $1000 now and $1000 each month for the next 4 months. But if TSHTF in less than a week, payments due in 4 weeks are low on my worry list.

Think of it as a leveraged firearms purchase.

If TSHTF does not occur, well I have $4K in firearms that I was likely to get anyway, I just need to sell lots of plasma, or find some other source of money.

The same thing applies to ammo and accessories, spend $1K now to get $4K of stuff and pay over time.

But now pay later...the American way of life!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:55 pm 
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Ok I think 2 now wins the best answer award.

Link to ZS Hall of Fame Forum
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:53 pm 

2now wrote:
Wait I just noticed the sportsman guide does their 4 pay plan for club members even on firearms.
That means my payments are spread out of 4 months with a 25% payment due each month.

Sooo, if I order $4,000 in firearms, I will need to pay $1000 now and $1000 each month for the next 4 months. But if TSHTF in less than a week, payments due in 4 weeks are low on my worry list.

If TSHTF does not occur, well I have $4K in firearms that I was likely to get anyway, I just need to sell lots of plasma, or find some other source of money.

The same thing applies to ammo and accessories, spend $1K now to get $4K of stuff and pay over time.

May as well get next day delivery so long as you are going that route. You can even drop a check in the mailbox at the post office after the grid goes down to assuage your guilt. :clap:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:26 pm 

Stercutus wrote:
2now wrote:

May as well get next day delivery so long as you are going that route. You can even drop a check in the mailbox at the post office after the grid goes down to assuage your guilt. :clap:
<------ :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:02 am 

If a strange series of events led to me losing all my weaponry one week before I KNOW the apocalypse is happening, and I have a total of $2000 to spend, I don't think I'd buy any guns. Most of my friends are sitting on small arsenals. We really don't need any more firearms. I would invest in a decent optics package (somehow everyone ends up with more rifles than scopes), sling, magazines, holster, and ammo. For ammo I'd buy 22LR, and powder, primers, and bullets for reloading the most common calibers. Several of my friends have reloading gear, so collectively we would be better off extending ammo supplies than buying more guns.

Oh, and multiple spring kits for both ARs and Glocks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:39 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Hey Everyone:

1. Savage 24F

2. Glock 36

3. Russian SKS

I would spend The rest on ammo, cleaning supplies, spare parts, mags, etc. I chose these firearms because I know them, and the last thing that I would need during SHTF is more of a learning curve that there will already be.

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm 

RoneKiln wrote:
If a strange series of events led to me losing all my weaponry one week before I KNOW the apocalypse is happening, and I have a total of $2000 to spend, I don't think I'd buy any guns. Most of my friends are sitting on small arsenals. We really don't need any more firearms. I would invest in a decent optics package (somehow everyone ends up with more rifles than scopes), sling, magazines, holster, and ammo. For ammo I'd buy 22LR, and powder, primers, and bullets for reloading the most common calibers. Several of my friends have reloading gear, so collectively we would be better off extending ammo supplies than buying more guns.

Well it's your money, but honestly I don't see how it helps your group. Maybe? it inspires them with your great fashion sense.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:57 pm 

longy wrote:
The Twizzler wrote:
RoneKiln wrote:

and just WHY would your friends waste their resources on somebody who's as foolish/broke as you are?