It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:15 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

If I am burning up in a fire or bitten by a zombie, I can see it.

Otherwise, I'll just have to keep on trooping through the suck until it gets better.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:24 am 

Fix bayonets...

Sent from my 9006W using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:30 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I'm old(ish), I'm a lot slower than I used to be, but they're going to have to earn my scalp.

Zimmy wrote:
If I am burning up in a fire or bitten by a zombie, I can see it.

Otherwise, I'll just have to keep on trooping through the suck until it gets better.

Embrace the suck.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:39 pm 

deleted

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:15 am 

quazi wrote:
I know enough otherwise good people now who think it just that "bad guys" be made to suffer in physical ways that if there was a broad scale breakdown lasting a few months or more that torture might become a very real possibility. Of course, I think such a breakdown is unlikely to occur any time soon.

*Admittedly the parts of history I've focused on are usually when things are going wrong in some way, rather than when everything is normal and happy.

ETA: When I say normal I don't mean captured enemies were nearly always tortured, but rather that it was something that happened on a regular basis.

I don't get it, your on a Zombie prepping site but don't think it's going to happen?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:29 pm 

tedbeau wrote:
I don't get it, your on a Zombie prepping site but don't think it's going to happen?

The zombie apocalypse is definitely going to happen, but it is going to be extremely orderly and relatively peaceful.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:22 am 

andrewza wrote:
Would you keep a round for your self. For that time when all is seemingly lost and you cut off surrounded and out of everything else. Would you be willing to shoot your self and your family (not in that order). What if there was two of you and you had only one round would you take the quick way out or safe some one from a slow and or painful death. You all so don't know if you goanna be rescued so how long do you wait.

First post is it in the correct section?

In zombie land this may be a tactical decision, to avoid eating your loved ones. In this scary world, 2 weeks of Outward Bound or SERE training will help with the dark thoughts. For further historical context from the post Kipling world, Kurt Hahn's your guy. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Hahn

" The 'bricoleur' is adept at performing a large number of diverse tasks; but, unlike the engineer, he does not subordinate each of them to the availability of raw materials and tools conceived and procured for the purpose of the project." Claude Lévi-Strauss

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:23 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I didn't make it as a paratrooper, or later as a parent of four successful kids, or even before those as a farmer by quitting. I'm an 8th generation Texan and 21st generation North American.

I'll fire my round and club, bite, slash, stab, and scream my way all the way to Fiddlers Green.

I miss my Dad and PaPa Harry anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:12 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

quazi wrote:
Shoot myself? I can think of hypothetical scenarios in which I would, but they are all extremely unlikely. .

Well there was this one time at band camp....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:54 pm 

andrewza wrote:
Would you keep a round for your self. For that time when all is seemingly lost and you cut off surrounded and out of everything else. Would you be willing to shoot your self

Is THATwhy Barney always kept 1 bullet in his pocket?!? :ohdear:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:35 pm 

As an ex-tanker, I can say that some suggested that you keep a spare round to eat in case you were trapped inside a burning tank. The the other option suggested was to hold your breath, then stick your face into the flames and inhale deeply in hopes that the pain would put you out.

Outside of that spend your last bullet on the sonuvabitch trying to kill you or your's, and force them to kill you because you're too damn ornery and dangerous to try and capture.

Better yet, slaughter the bastards. :twisted:

“Political tags – such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth – are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” Robert A. Heinlein

Last edited by LowKey on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:12 pm 
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

LowKey wrote:
The the other option suggested was to hold your breath, then stick your face into the flames and inhale deeply in hopes that the pain would put you out.

That does not sound like a good plan B to me. :shock:

LowKey wrote:
Outside of that spend your last bullet on the sonuvabitch trying to kill you or your's, and force them to kill you because you're too damn ornery and dangerous to try and capture.

Better yet, slaughter the bastards. :twisted:

A much better plan B IMO.

Link to ZS Hall of Fame Forum
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:31 pm 
BANNED

what makes you "think" that it's all going to happen as one event? if you need to reload a 30 rd mag rifle, you're done. You are missing way too much or have too many enemies, or both. In fact, if you need to reload a double stack mag pistol, you'll survive only by luck. In the first place, if shtf, you'd better have a silenced gun or 2, and you'd better stay underground during daylight hours. With soft armor, subsonic ammo, luminous sights and night vision, you'll be ahead of 99.9%, who dont even have sense enough to avoid being out when everyone else can see them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:32 pm 
BANNED

With a silenced .22lr autorifle (better yet, a Ciener .22lr conversion unit for a shorty AR15 in 223) you can do a lot of killing while nobody knows you are around, much less what direction the fire is coming from. If you are smart, you wait until dusk to attack, so you can vanish in the darkness.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:21 pm 

Not really what you are discussing, but the title reminded me of something that was in "style" back when I was much younger. Back in high school, Levi's jean jackets were all the rage. Many of us carried a 22lr stuffed in the red Levi's label on the front top pocket. This was back in the 80's.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:35 pm 

minengr wrote:
Not really what you are discussing, but the title reminded me of something that was in "style" back when I was much younger. Back in high school, Levi's jean jackets were all the rage. Many of us carried a 22lr stuffed in the red Levi's label on the front top pocket. This was back in the 80's.

A bold fashion statement?