Your world order after th dust settles???

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Mad Dog Jones
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of th Living Dead(colorized)1968;
Dawn of th Dead(1978);
Day of th Dead(1985);
Night of th Living Dead(remake)1990;
Dawn of th Dead;
Land of th Dead;
Day of th Dead;
Diary of th Dead;
Survival of th Dead;
Remains by Steve Niles;
Dance of th Dead by Gregg Bishop;
State of Emergency by Turner Clay;
Night of th Comet;
Automation Transfusion;
Gangs of th Dead;
Planet Terror;
Zombieland;
28 Days Later;
28 Week Later;
Days of Darkness;
Gangsters,Guns, and Zombies;
etc.etc...

Your world order after th dust settles???

Post by Mad Dog Jones » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:33 pm

It has been established mathamatically that 8 billion people is th maximum population that this world can support, with consideration to available land mass for crops, livestock herds, living space required, and harvesting th oceans. This is under ideal circumstances coordinated by having a single world government where all people do thier part. As th worlds population approches this mark, nature in her infinite wisdom self corrects by allowing th z-virus to evolve in order to quel over population. Mass chaos ensues, humanity prevails to exist, only th strong survive. Here th old government survives in Norad, and a number of SAC facilities spread across old USA, our old leadership on th space station, and like wise similar facilities around th world, not nessesarally united any longer. Alternative pockets of new governments have sprung up in populated areas, governments begin to align or clash in attempts to reestablish countries. You and yours have made it nicely so far in your BOL, however many of th old supplies are depleated others now run thin. WWYD?
1: Seek out a pocket of old world gov. to join, that still has stock piles, even though all of this could be faulted to them?
2: Seek out one of th new experimental gov. that you think might be ok, and join thier fight?
3: Stay where you are, and try to make it as long as possible until you figure out who's borders you live in, and go with them?
4: Go mobile, avoiding all, trying to remain anonymus, prehaps start a gov. of your own?
5: A creative alternate solution (Please share).
Last edited by Mad Dog Jones on Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mathew22:35-We are our own worst enemies,-Mad Dog-And ego is it's name.
Th only valuable thing in existance is love, and yes, you can take it with you when you go. Nothing else really matters.-MadDog

B&Q

Re: Your world order after th dust settles???

Post by B&Q » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:23 pm

Mad Dog Jones wrote:It has been established mathamatically that 8 billion people is th maximum population that this world can support, with consideration to available land mass for crops, livestock herds, living space required, and harvesting th oceans. This is under ideal circumstances coordinated by having a single world government where all people do thier part. As th worlds population approches this mark, nature in her infinite wisdom self corrects by allowing th z-virus to evolve in order to quel over population. Mass chaos ensues, humanity prevails to exist, only th strong survive. Here th old government survives in Norad, and a number of SAC facilities spread across old USA, our old leadership on th space station, and like wise similar facilities around th world, not nessesarally united any longer. Alternative pockets of new governments have sprung up in populated areas, governments begin to align or clash in attempts to reestablish countries. You and yours have made it nicely so far in your BOL, however many of th old supplies are depleated others now run thin. WWYD?
1: Seek out a pocket of old world gov. to join, that still has stock piles, even though all of this could be faulted to them?
2: Seek out one of th new experimental gov. that you think might be ok, and join thier fight?
3: Stay where you are, and try to make it as long as possible until you figure out who's borders you live in, and go with them?
4: Go mobile, avoiding all, trying to remain anonimus, prehaps start a gov. of your own?
4, go'mobile ... i be th gov. anymus ? not nessesarally

hughntx
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombie Land

Post by hughntx » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:09 am

Based on the scenario, I think going mobile is the best bet.

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:10 am

Mad Dog Jones wrote:It has been established mathamatically that 8 billion people is th maximum population that this world can support,...
Can you provide a link to support this claim?

As a creative alternative I would like to see CPAs run the world. They are organized, efficient and hard working poblem solvers. Such a world is not likely to be perfect but at least the world budgets would balance and no one would get to go home until they did balance. :D

Mad Dog Jones
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of th Living Dead(colorized)1968;
Dawn of th Dead(1978);
Day of th Dead(1985);
Night of th Living Dead(remake)1990;
Dawn of th Dead;
Land of th Dead;
Day of th Dead;
Diary of th Dead;
Survival of th Dead;
Remains by Steve Niles;
Dance of th Dead by Gregg Bishop;
State of Emergency by Turner Clay;
Night of th Comet;
Automation Transfusion;
Gangs of th Dead;
Planet Terror;
Zombieland;
28 Days Later;
28 Week Later;
Days of Darkness;
Gangsters,Guns, and Zombies;
etc.etc...

Post by Mad Dog Jones » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:02 pm

No, Im sorry, I can not. Its a figure Id heard my father and some of his constituits in th USDA use in reguards to maintaining certian civil defence shelters back in th cold war era. Im sure technology has advanced some since then for food production, clone food animals, hybrid seed and grains, etc., but then again so has th areas of toxic and now usless land and ocean. Accidents like Love Canal, Three Mile Island, Cherynoble, Open ocean dumping and illeagle dumping of toxic waste, Fukushima, and th like have all come to play now. I dought that th number has changed much but I would like to update that figure. I personally do not have a computor, and suffer trouble when using them, if anyone could contribute a more accurate figure I would direly appreciate it. Its always nice to update. "if we wish to grow the world population to the UN projection of about 12 billion near the middle of the next century, such growth will have to come at the expense of many things, not the least of which is compassion for people less fortunate than we in the U.S."<---ecofuture.org.
Duck and Cover, remember that damn turtle, I use to love watching that film, it was better then watching a Bugs Bunny cartoon.
Mathew22:35-We are our own worst enemies,-Mad Dog-And ego is it's name.
Th only valuable thing in existance is love, and yes, you can take it with you when you go. Nothing else really matters.-MadDog

MTGrizzly

Post by MTGrizzly » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:26 pm

Mad Dog Jones wrote:It has been established mathamatically that 8 billion people is th maximum population that this world can support, with consideration to available land mass for crops, livestock herds, living space required, and harvesting th oceans. This is under ideal circumstances coordinated by having a single world government where all people do thier part. As th worlds population approches this mark, nature in her infinite wisdom self corrects by allowing th z-virus to evolve in order to quel over population. Mass chaos ensues, humanity prevails to exist, only th strong survive. Here th old government survives in Norad, and a number of SAC facilities spread across old USA, our old leadership on th space station, and like wise similar facilities around th world, not nessesarally united any longer. Alternative pockets of new governments have sprung up in populated areas, governments begin to align or clash in attempts to reestablish countries. You and yours have made it nicely so far in your BOL, however many of th old supplies are depleated others now run thin. WWYD?
4: Go mobile, avoiding all, trying to remain anonymus, prehaps start a gov. of your own?
First, I wouldn't attach myself to a one world government. I am not a joiner and, generally, the fewer the people I see, the better.

Second, I was just diagnosed with an incurable and untreatable terminal illness. I am going to die sooner than I planned.

Creative alternative: Move further back into the mountains, spend my time in solitude and tranquility. Let the people who have some stake in the future fight it out.

Zimmy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later, Return of the Living Dead

Post by Zimmy » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:22 am

I'd keep my head down and mouth shut until the "hopes and dreams" phase of those new governments turned into the "way it's gonna be" reality.

Then make choices from my place in the boonies.
Boldly going nowhere

ralfy

Post by ralfy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:54 am

Given multiple global threats reinforcing each other (e.g., global warming, environmental damage, peak oil, overpopulation, epidemics and pandemics, financial crises, arms escalation, and more), there will probably be not enough people, material resources, and energy to come up with any world order.

Zimmy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later, Return of the Living Dead

Post by Zimmy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:59 am

ralfy wrote:Given multiple global threats reinforcing each other (e.g., global warming, environmental damage, peak oil, overpopulation, epidemics and pandemics, financial crises, arms escalation, and more), there will probably be not enough people, material resources, and energy to come up with any world order.

Especially if there are losses in tech or transportation infrastructure. Raw materials like ores, coal, and oil aren't just lying around on the ground anymore like they were in the olden days.
Boldly going nowhere

Barnabus

Post by Barnabus » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:23 pm

Mad Dog Jones wrote:It has been established mathamatically that 8 billion people is th maximum population that this world can support, .....
Ooopps. http://www.census.gov/popclock/ :ohdear:
"If you are prepared for a shambling horde of walking corpses that are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for just about anything."

Wolfs_head

Post by Wolfs_head » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:16 am

I don't have a bol, I do live on the edge of the city given these new governments are establishing themselves in population centers I think I'd remove myself and family to somewhere more remote. There are remote holiday cottages in Wales (not to far away) and Scotland not to mention farms, small holdings and crofts some of which would be vacant due to the "z-virus".

No my plan isn't to go stealing or raiding my plans remain fluid, too many people get attached to their plans and I believe many may die because it.

RoneKiln

Post by RoneKiln » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:22 pm

I don't think I'd wait for all the dust to settle. Most of us are social creatures and there are very good reasons we organize into tribes and population centers. At a certain point into a TEOTWAWKI scenario, manpower will be one of the greatest shortages. The earlier people organize and chip in, the more likely people will survive.

I think the most likely alt .govs will be village counsels and warlords. Hopefully some of the warlords lead by inspiring people and helping build and protect rather than through threats and terror. Such a person would probably welcome a return of legitimate government. Counsels are less likely to take their power for granted and abuse it on the level even a well intentioned warlord could, but could still be very corrupt. They would also be slower to act when immediate decisive action was require regardless of their moral character.

Whatever organization in my area forms, I am better off being at least a little involved from the start. Speaking up at the right moment can do a lot to steer things in the right direction. You know early on who is acting in what way. People can mean well but be incompetent. People could be competent yet be vicious and greedy. Support the competent and well meaning leaders early on and you have a much better chance in the long run.
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:52 pm

I am still trying to wrap my mind around #4.

From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

RoneKiln

Post by RoneKiln » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:59 pm

#4 - Maybe a gypsy or merchant caravan of some sort? I guess we could read it as "remain anonymous OR start an alternate .gov." Though I guess there have been very insular nomadic tribes in the past. So they may not be as mutually exclusive as might be first assumed.
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

LyraJean
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (Sidney Poitier)
Shaun of the Dead
ZombieLand

Post by LyraJean » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:09 am

These may or not may not be good examples:

In such a world that you are describing I think the governments that form will take the form of town councils and not even get as large as the state government for awhile. In a large place the the United States a Federal type government will take decades if it ever comes up again.

Look at the book/movie, "The Postman" each little town was it's own government with their own rules. In the movie, reestablishing the postal service was thought up not only by Kevin Costner's character as a scam to get free room and board that was turned into a good thing but cities and town in California also reestablished the postal service on purpose without the idea that there was a new Central government back East.

Small government is best.
My blog: Beyond Tourism: Florida's Yesteryear A blog about Florida History

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:11 pm

Sorry, this scenario has so many flaws in its premise that it border on fantasy, but hey we are in a zombie forum. So sometime between now(7.2 million) and 8 million souls there will somehow be a one world government that will ration resources equitably and then somehow mismanage them to the point of global collapse.

I will go with 5, none of the above. Make a local government with my neighbors and work together to get by.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

NamelessStain

Post by NamelessStain » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:47 am

Evan the Diplomat wrote:Sorry, this scenario has so many flaws in its premise that it border on fantasy, but hey we are in a zombie forum. So sometime between now(7.2 mbillion) and 8 mbillion souls there will somehow be a one world government that will ration resources equitably and then somehow mismanage them to the point of global collapse.

I will go with 5, none of the above. Make a local government with my neighbors and work together to get by.
Fixed that for you :)
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

taipan821

Post by taipan821 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:10 pm

I'd become a 'tourist' dropping into various settlements, governments, countries that may form to sell and purchase supplies and i'd hold up away from everyone making/growing supplies to trade with. avoids the restraints that come with being a member of anything and if one wants to attack, go to the others for help
Vincent Tornado: 2013
Tropical Cyclone Ita: Category 5 landfall 2014
Tropical Cyclone Marcia: Category 5 landfall 2015
Tropical Cyclone Nathan: Category 3 landfall 2015
Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie: Category 4 landfall 2017

Close_enough

Post by Close_enough » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:52 pm

Things are going to revert to feudal goverments. Gangs, warloards, etc. Find a defensible spot until the intial power shakeout is over and join up with whoever looks to have the best chance of long term stability.

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:40 pm

NamelessStain wrote:
Fixed that for you :)
Tarnation! This darn blasted voice recognition keeps getting everything wrong. Who got termination right Astruc*Astruc
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

grumpyviking

Post by grumpyviking » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:39 am

with the "die off" that will ensue once the old systems and technologies collapse, we wont have to worry too much about others for a very long time, any new "government" will be years/decades, could even be centuries, down the line.

Return to “What Would You Do?”