You're at work. Things go bad. What would you do?

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: You're at work. Things go bad. What would you do?

Post by MPMalloy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:00 pm

Cybrludite wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:06 pm
I work graveyard shift in the NOC of a major local hospital system. From Midnight to 06:00 when the dayshift comes in, I'm the entirety of the IT department. I pretty much have to obey the 5th General Order unless shit's hit the fan in a way that threatens my office. Even then, I'm probably just relocating to main campus or to one of our more suburban facilities. If it's bad enough that I should just go home, I'm currently buggered, since my house is 40 miles away, and on the other side of the Lake. Avoiding interstates and the Causeway, I have to go waaaaaaaaaaaay the fuck out into the boonies. (And if the disaster is toe-to-toe nukular combat with the Rooskies, that route is no good due to the airport and all the refineries. But my office is close enough to a shipyard that it'd be a moot point anyhow.)
:rofl:

wamba
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Zombieland, & Walking Dead (if that counts).

Re: You're at work. Things go bad. What would you do?

Post by wamba » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:28 am

MacWa77ace wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:45 am

Your place of work sounds a lot like the place the main characters in 'Lights Out' worked. At least I got Déjà Vu about it when reading your post.
Do they have a fuel dump there for the vehicles to fuel up?
Yeah I guess it does, I didn’t make that connection until you pointed it out. :lol:
Yes we do keep a tank each of diesel and gas on the premises. Although we don’t have the budget the company in Lights Out had we do have other resources. :wink:
Thanks for pointing that out, it actually gave me something to grin about this weekend.
Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it, & you can bet they'll whine that nobody warned them.

Return to “What Would You Do?”