What would you do if...

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Bloodthirstyaardvark

What would you do if...

Post by Bloodthirstyaardvark » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:42 am

The zombie apocalypse happened while you were on a cruise to the Bahamas?
Say you see patient 0 have a heart attack and turn. What weapons or "weapons" do you utilise? If it was me, I would be looking at the fire axes, or maybe a bottle of the ever present liquor on cruise lines. How would you escape? Contact mainland or coast guard? Where would you hide?

MacAttack

Re: What would you do if...

Post by MacAttack » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:26 am

Life boat of course. GTFO.

Preferably one of those nice solid hull ones.

I'm in the Bahamas. I'll find an island.

KGBrick

Post by KGBrick » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:49 am

Can't I (with help, maybe) just shove the first bugger overboard and go back to partying?

Otherwise:
1) Raid buffet to stock life raft.
2) Attempt start the ship sinking/burning/running aground away from shore.
3) Board well-provisioned life raft before being eaten or 2 is complete, whichever seems most likely to happen first.

Bloodthirstyaardvark

Post by Bloodthirstyaardvark » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:47 am

Wouldn't it occur to everyone think to board a life boat? It is standard procedure, and everyone does the muster call on embarkation day. Also, the chances of finding an island... I mean, they're there, but you need to have maps or knowledge of how to maneuver at sea, plus being in the ocean only in a rowboat? And, what if the main island, like Cuba, or the mainland, like US or South America, determine that no, you cannot run your ship aground here, cruise, rowboat, or any other nautical vehicle. And gathering provisions might be difficult, since you only have access to what's already been cooked, since you do not have employee access to the dry, non perishable goods. You could say in the confusion and mayhem, but what if this IS the beginning? The denial starts HERE? Also, I think if you try to board a lifeboat before the captain calls it, they may attack, since you would then be stealing.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:48 am

I'd end up divorced. My wife refuses to ever go on a cruise so if I went on one I would be with a mistress since I can't ever go anywhere by myself.
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

KGBrick

Post by KGBrick » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:54 pm

You can "well, but won't that..." this kind of thing until the cows come home and not get anywhere. The main idea is that you have to improvise. You'll be forced to make decisions in limited time with limited information.

I don't care much about navigation once I'm in the lifeboat. Why try to go anywhere? Stand off a bit from the cruise ship but remain in sight and wait for a vessel to come to help. Even if they won't allow us aboard it would be trivial for them to keep the lifeboats supplied as needed until we've been in quarantine long enough to make them happy. If the first zombie in the world appears on the cruise ship I would rate the chance of not being offered aid as nonexistent.

The captain doesn't want me "stealing" a lifeboat? Does he have 2 to 4 husky, brave individuals to spare for myself and each one of my friends in the middle of this emergency? If not, I'll email an apology to him once I get home.

manowar1313

Post by manowar1313 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:40 pm

For me personally it would depend if it was a sea day or a port day. Since I'm not driving, sea days would be the worst case scenario... I really can't say what drunk me would do. Sober me would of course organize the survivors into a human shield while grabbing whatever weapons I could and moving to a life raft. They are already equipped with provisions so all I would need to bring is my Hawaiian shirt.
Anyone wanting to talk sh*t about my guns needs to remember I'm holding a gun.

Shmerlin

Post by Shmerlin » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:24 am

Probably get starved in my cabin during lock down. Graveyard Sky By: John Ringo.
Dinner Adventures, My restuarant review blog.

wamba
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Zombieland, & Walking Dead (if that counts).

Post by wamba » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:45 pm

Wedge one of those flotation rings down over his shoulders (trapping his arms to his sides), & toss his undead butt over the railing. If Scooby & the gang can do it I'm sure I can too. :lol:
Last edited by wamba on Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it, & you can bet they'll whine that nobody warned them.

ManInBlack316
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by ManInBlack316 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:02 pm

The wife and I both refuse to go on cruises, just the past disasters of cruise ships alone convinces her, and I hate the ocean (much more of a woodsy guy than a sea one). So if we're on a cruise ship, then we've been kidnapped and we're already screwed :awesome:
That said, that zombie's getting a Maglite to the face, repeatedly, if it comes near me, which may or may not lead to my death; but hopefully the wife gets away. Depending on the kind of zombie we're talking about, I imagine there would be zombies EVERYWHERE on that cruise ship very quickly, so it's either barricade the cabin door or steal a lifeboat.

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:03 pm

Grab whatever family and friends I am on the cruise with and go here

Lower it

then do this

Later Zombie bytches

Pc Genie
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead

Post by Pc Genie » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:46 pm

I would seek to kill the infected assailant immediately, as I do not think I would be in the presence of an Age Of Sail Navy/Pirate Crew, and casualties could pile up if any delay was made to look for escape.

I would most likely use a bottle as a dagger, a lifesaving hook as a spear, or another suitable weapon.
Fortunately, I have been trained with a few Abrazaré techniques (Medieval unarmed grappling), so I could wrestle with the assailant if he/she caught me before I found a CQC weapon.

I must expressly state that I would NOT go for a fire axe, if they handle anything like felling axes, they're way too slow to employ in a real fight!
I am a Historical European Martial Artist from http://www.IronDoorCollective.co.uk.

Return to “What Would You Do?”