You're a patron at McDonalds and this happens

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Slugg

You're a patron at McDonalds and this happens

Post by Slugg » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:47 am

So your at McDonald enjoying your meal with whoever you usually eat with or possibly alone just grabbing something on your way home from work. A man gets into it with an employee which leads to an argument with management. The managers asks the man to leave which he does and you continue your meal. Roughly 15 minutes later, you finish your meal and notice the manager run to the glass door and lock it. Then, the man begins to kick in the glass door in an attempt to enter the building. What do you do?

Here is a video of a somewhat similar situation that got me curious onto what people would do. I understand this is europe, so there wouldn't be anybody armed.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/83953614/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The future is for those who prepare.

Redeyes
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of The Living Dead 1968

Re: Your a patron at McDonalds and this happens

Post by Redeyes » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:06 am

Call 911. Assess the door kicker for visible weapons. Look for cover, escape routes and additional attackers. Get behind cover. Keep on line with 911. When door kicker is nearly through the door, put hand on G19. If door kicker presents weapon, shoot to ground. If no weapon, stay on phone with 911. Attempt deescalation from a safe position if possible.

Team Beards&Irons MilCopp 2013

Browning 35 for ZS President 2016. Make Zombie Squad Great Again!

Kutter_0311
Favorite Zombie Movies: too many to get into...

Post by Kutter_0311 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:27 am

Redeyes wrote:Call 911. Assess the door kicker for visible weapons. Look for cover, escape routes and additional attackers. Get behind cover. Keep on line with 911. When door kicker is nearly through the door, put hand on G19. If door kicker presents weapon, shoot to ground. If no weapon, stay on phone with 911. Attempt deescalation from a safe position if possible.
^Textbook correct answer. I agree.
JAYNE COBB wrote: Well, what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar.
TravisM.1 wrote:If a rifle is an option, a rifle is usually the answer.
minengr wrote:I've said it numerous times, a quality rig is only as good as it's weakest link. Which usually is the nut behind the butt.

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:42 am

So you come up with a good thread with a liable question. Then Redeyes comes along, all logical or what not, and pwns it.

Sorry. I could have been good too. :lol:
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

Kutter_0311
Favorite Zombie Movies: too many to get into...

Post by Kutter_0311 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:49 am

Hey, give it time. Some noob will find this thread in 9 months, go keyboard-Rambone, and we can make popcorn.
JAYNE COBB wrote: Well, what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar.
TravisM.1 wrote:If a rifle is an option, a rifle is usually the answer.
minengr wrote:I've said it numerous times, a quality rig is only as good as it's weakest link. Which usually is the nut behind the butt.

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:56 am

Kutter_0311 wrote:Hey, give it time. Some noob will find this thread in 9 months, go keyboard-Rambone, and we can make popcorn.
:lol: True.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

Redeyes
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of The Living Dead 1968

Post by Redeyes » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:32 am

Gingerbread Man wrote:So you come up with a good thread with a liable question. Then Redeyes comes along, all logical or what not, and pwns it.

Sorry. I could have been good too. :lol:
Dude you would be good. Just assume you had to stop by McD's only carrying the stuff you would carry to work.

ETA; And thanks to all for the kind words.

Team Beards&Irons MilCopp 2013

Browning 35 for ZS President 2016. Make Zombie Squad Great Again!

Murphman
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Murphman » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:16 am

Gingerbread Man wrote:So you come up with a good thread with a liable question. Then Redeyes comes along, all logical or what not, and pwns it.
My popcorn wasn't even done popping yet...
"If you are prepped for pandemic flu, you are more than prepped for Ebola. And pandemic flu is hella more likely, that's the one that scares me, personally." - Duodecima...and she's a freaking doctor. What are you?

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Post by ZombieGranny » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:58 am

Why not sneak out the employee exit?
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

Tater Raider

Post by Tater Raider » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:32 pm

Why are you shooting without the intention of killing?

What if you don't carry?

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:39 pm

As I understand it "shoot to ground" means shoot until the threat is no longer a threat but is not necessarily dead.
Why must all the hoops be on fire?

Apathy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Open grave

Post by Apathy » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:39 pm

Redeyes wrote:Call 911. Assess the door kicker for visible weapons. Look for cover, escape routes and additional attackers. Get behind cover. Keep on line with 911. When door kicker is nearly through the door, put hand on G19. If door kicker presents weapon, shoot to ground. If no weapon, stay on phone with 911. Attempt deescalation from a safe position if possible.
Problem: the event in question happened in one of the two Irelands , at least that is what the video link said. True, Northern Ireland has some kind of CCW law, though it is probably closer to New York rather than sane states. Lets assume that you are in a place that does not allow you to have a G19 on you. What then?

I would try to convince the manager to move everyone into the woman's bathroom before he breaches the glass door, then continue to call the police hoping the response time in Ireland is better than France. Why not tromp him? I don't know what the laws are involving self defense is In Ireland. But Europe, at least mainland Europe is kind of stupid In that realm. I have no idea what the British Isles/republic of Ireland have going on but I don't want to take my chances. Americans are great sport for euro cops having a bad day. Why a bathroom? Much stronger and less than transparent doors means easier barricades. And being locked in a bathroom is the best place to be in that kind of situation, just in case it the guy grabs a knife and threatens self harm or pretends to have a hostage or something, and it turns into a 12 hour stand off. Although it would probably be over in a few minutes anyway after he figures out that he is not getting thru that door and he is out of pepper spray.
Why a woman's bathroom? I hear they are nice.

Of course if there was a back exit we could all leave calmly while the attacker makes a fool of himself. Screaming about insults directed at his mother. But this looks like one of those mall shops that have only one exit, again I don't know what kind of fire codes they have in Ireland, but I been in places with higher standards of living than Ireland and they still had really unsafe conditions.

How's the popcorn?
Last edited by Apathy on Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Liebe läßt sich suchen, finden,
Niemals lernen, oder lehren,
Wer da will die Flamm' entzünden
Ohne selbst sich zu verzehren,

URBAN ASSAULT

Post by URBAN ASSAULT » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:58 pm

I would immediately initiate a tactical disrobing maneuver, and while facing away from the perpetrator, I would bend over at the waist while giving him a very intense view of my hideous nether regions.

Then I would start hopping up and down in place.

Nothing deflates a confrontation like a hugely obese, very naked man, shooting jiggly sphincter pics at a bad guy.

My work here is done.

-urban
"When under imminent Predator attack, try to act all Thalidomide-y till they go away".-me
3%

Apathy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Open grave

Post by Apathy » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:08 pm

URBAN ASSAULT wrote:I would immediately initiate a tactical disrobing maneuver, and while facing away from the perpetrator, I would bend over at the waist while giving him a very intense view of my hideous nether regions.

Then I would start hopping up and down in place.

Nothing deflates a confrontation like a hugely obese, very naked man, shooting jiggly sphincter pics at a bad guy.

My work here is done.

-urban
Keep in mind the guy has pepper spray, and you might just get a shot of it up the aforementioned sphincter. :oh:
Liebe läßt sich suchen, finden,
Niemals lernen, oder lehren,
Wer da will die Flamm' entzünden
Ohne selbst sich zu verzehren,

Kilo147

Post by Kilo147 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:14 pm

Apathy wrote: Keep in mind the guy has pepper spray, and you might just get a shot of it up the aforementioned sphincter. :oh:

No different from the aftermath of last night's dinner. Pepper spray is weak compared to the shit I eat.

I'd hide like a goddamn baby. Unless he had a gun, then I'd run like a coward. Unless it's the Maccas up the street, then I'd kick his ass. Nobody fucks with my maccas. If it were Burger King, fuck them, I'm running.

phil_in_cs
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by phil_in_cs » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:20 pm

Don't confuse a belligerent and aggressive attitude with the strength, training, and conditioning needed to prevail in a fight. How do you know you have the Will To Win, if you don't even have the will to train?

Kilo147

Post by Kilo147 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:42 pm

phil_in_cs wrote:
'cept I don't own guns. And killing people with a knife is difficult and messy.

So I hear.

Black Sheep
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days, Tetsuo, Redneck Zombies, Braindead, Dawn remake, Return of the Living Dead, Evil Dead, Matango, The Quick and the Undead, The Last Man on Earth, Wild Zero!

Post by Black Sheep » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:08 pm

Someone is kicking in the door of a European McDonalds?!

Go straight to popcorn, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

(Ensure any nearby children are moved to safety).
Fear? I know not fear. There are only moments of confusion. Some of them are deeply stamped on my memory and a few will haunt me forever. Hunter S. Thompson

Eschew the monumental. Shun the Epic. All the guys who can paint great big pictures can paint great small ones. Ernest Hemingway

Murphman
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Murphman » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:08 pm

Apathy wrote:
How's the popcorn?
Disappointing. I was told this flick was all sorts of mall ninja.

Reminds me of "50 First Dates". It gets sold as a comedy with Sandler and Schneider, and it turns into a chick flick that left me blubbering like a baby.....wait...did I say that out loud???

:wink:
"If you are prepped for pandemic flu, you are more than prepped for Ebola. And pandemic flu is hella more likely, that's the one that scares me, personally." - Duodecima...and she's a freaking doctor. What are you?

feedthedog

Post by feedthedog » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:46 pm

Don't they sell beer at European McDonalds?

Step 1: Drink a bunch of beer
Step 2: Fill empty bottles with left over fry oil
Step 3: Rip stuffed Grimace doll into long purple strips
Step 4: Soak Grimace strips in fry oil and shove it into beer bottles
Step 5: Contemplate flammability of fry oil (fuck it, you're drunk)
Step 6: Light the Grim-Fryatovs and hurl them at the attacker

Kilo147

Post by Kilo147 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:04 pm

feedthedog wrote:Don't they sell beer at European McDonalds?

In the time it took you to do that he's killed 9 people and gone into a berserker bloodlust. He has fashioned himself armor, a shield, and a spiked club from serving trays and fixtures and is rushing you. What do you do?

feedthedog

Post by feedthedog » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:19 pm

Kilo147 wrote:
feedthedog wrote:Don't they sell beer at European McDonalds?

In the time it took you to do that he's killed 9 people and gone into a berserker bloodlust. He has fashioned himself armor, a shield, and a spiked club from serving trays and fixtures and is rushing you. What do you do?
Since I'd likely be drunk, slippery, and armed with semi-flammable weapons by this point, I feel like I would have a serious tactical advantage. However, since I always try to stack the deck in my favor, I would arm myself with an armful of tiny European sized cups of ultra hot coffee. After chugging half a dozen cups to further energize myself I would splash the coffee in the attackers eyes and groin to buy myself time.

After creating space, I would grab my iPhone and PM Joerg. Fortunately, he would be in Ireland competing in the international highland games. At that point it would just be a matter of time before he arrived to fashion a makeshift slingshot from playplace equipment and deliver a fatal blow to the attacker.

KnifeStyle

Post by KnifeStyle » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:41 pm

As a matter of fact a friend of mine manages the McDonalds in town and has had this happen twice or so, usually in the early morning when drunks find out you can only get drive-through at 2AM and they're walking home from the bar. Redeyes indeed nailed it, can't really improve on that at all. At my local diner we recently had a discussion regarding what would happen if some one robbed the cash counter by the door while we were all at the counter. My outcomes:
If the guy is just demanding money, memorize his appearance and lay low. They have insurance, not worth it.
If the guy is acting violent and seems to have a screw loose, find cover in case I have to draw.
If actively engages in violence and is unarmed, try and rally all nearby males for intervention.
If actively violent and claims to be or is visibly armed, he gets the legally obligatory 'Drop the (blank)' command before intervening.
If naked, take out phone, record, and upload to youtube.
jamoni wrote:Zombie Squad, the things you have experience with scare me.

Kilo147

Post by Kilo147 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:51 pm

feedthedog wrote: Since I'd likely be drunk, slippery, and armed with semi-flammable weapons by this point, I feel like I would have a serious tactical advantage. However, since I always try to stack the deck in my favor, I would arm myself with an armful of tiny European sized cups of ultra hot coffee. After chugging half a dozen cups to further energize myself I would splash the coffee in the attackers eyes and groin to buy myself time.

After creating space, I would grab my iPhone and PM Joerg. Fortunately, he would be in Ireland competing in the international highland games. At that point it would just be a matter of time before he arrived to fashion a makeshift slingshot from playplace equipment and deliver a fatal blow to the attacker.
His berserker rage and armor limits the effects of crotch coffee, and the splash in the face momentarily distracts him with what wasn't blocked by his serving tray shield. You have a moment and PM joerg on the shitty McDonald's Wifi. Unfortunately for you, Joerg is on the other side of the country and unavailable. His face is now red and burned, and blood vessels in his eyes are popping from his now catastrophic levels of rage. He lets out a primal scream and approaches you, one monstrous step at a time.

Return to “What Would You Do?”