Destroying a staircase.

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

eugene

Re: Destroying a staircase.

Post by eugene » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:26 pm

mattresses are no where near 120 lbs. I've taken a queen size up stairs by myself.
2004 Silverado ECSB Z71 5.3L
2009 Giant Cypress DX, 1996 Specialized Rockhopper
Smith and Wesson M&P9c, M&P22
Map of our travels. Our EveryTrail page
My Garmin Connect Profile

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:34 pm

The one we have is. It weighs more than my boy and is about 16" thick. Pain to get up and down a stairway because the width is taller than the doorway and hits the ceiling above the doorway up the stairs. And it has no handles to lift it.... it was an expensive mattress too....

Redacted

Post by Redacted » Sat May 03, 2014 6:57 pm

If this seems like a real possibility, destroying the stairs is a lot more difficult than just blocking them, for example with a solid overhead trapdoor (overhead because it's a lot harder to get leverage and knock it open, plus it expands the topside floorplan.) If you anticipate having the time to demolish a staircase during an emergency, then you should make time to install a door now, as an added bonus, you can still trash the staircase later.
Are we not drawn onward, we few, drawn onward to new era?

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sun May 04, 2014 3:50 pm

You will need a lot of diamonds but this will work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... I0BTk4LPfI
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Return to “What Would You Do?”