no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

User avatar
teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4222
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:58 pm
Contact:

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by teotwaki » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:05 pm

freejamal wrote:blah-blah-blah
For an "author" you sure contribute nothing of value to this forum.
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

User avatar
majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Posts: 6840
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 10:06 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead
Location: Maine

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by majorhavoc » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:36 pm

freejamal wrote:did you guys no that the song Go Time by Da'Mental'Instrumental (available on soundcloud) kills zombies instantly i would download it beofore the wifi goes out in the upcoming apocalypse
Did you guys know that confusing the words "know" and "no" kills an author's credibility instantly i would download Strunk and White http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/37134 before the wifi goes out in the upcoming apocalypse. No joke.

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 12414
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Bouncing in to Graceland

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by Stercutus » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:06 pm

teotwaki wrote:
freejamal wrote:blah-blah-blah
For an "author" you sure contribute nothing of value to this forum.
Gosh if I didn't know better I'd say he is spamming us with random products.

Wait... I don't know better.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

User avatar
teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4222
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:58 pm
Contact:

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by teotwaki » Wed May 02, 2018 9:16 am

Stercutus wrote:
teotwaki wrote:
freejamal wrote:blah-blah-blah
For an "author" you sure contribute nothing of value to this forum.
Gosh if I didn't know better I'd say he is spamming us with random products.

Wait... I don't know better.

10 posts, one product

search.php?author_id=117327&sr=posts
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

User avatar
Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 1249
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:56 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: None

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by Asymetryczna » Wed May 02, 2018 11:50 am

Excuse me for not looking up your favorite song.

I will agree with Havoc. It's a must read for H.S. freshman so I encourage you to download a copy. Or, at least, save an electronic copy until you get free.
The Elements of Style

I had the privilege of sitting next to White's grand daughter in a class as an undergrad and I have always been a fan of the hog and spider he wrote about. My favorite piece he wrote is quoted below:
3 July 1943. The New Yorker
We received a letter from the Writers’ War Board the other day asking for a statement on “The Meaning of Democracy.” It presumably is our duty to comply with such a request, and it is certainly our pleasure.

Surely the Board knows what democracy is. It is the line that forms on the right. It is the don’t in don’t shove. It is the hole in the stuffed shirt through which the sawdust slowly trickles; it is the dent in the high hat. Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time. It is the feeling of privacy in the voting booths, the feeling of communion in the libraries, the feeling of vitality everywhere. Democracy is a letter to the editor. Democracy is the score at the beginning of the ninth. It is an idea which hasn’t been disproved yet, a song the words of which have not gone bad. It’s the mustard on the hot dog and the cream in the rationed coffee. Democracy is a request from a War Board, in the middle of a morning in the middle of a war, wanting to know what democracy is.
~E.B. White
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

User avatar
Ellywick
* *
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:14 am
Location: Central MO

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by Ellywick » Thu May 03, 2018 2:52 am

Asymetryczna wrote:Excuse me for not looking up your favorite song.

I will agree with Havoc. It's a must read for H.S. freshman so I encourage you to download a copy. Or, at least, save an electronic copy until you get free.
The Elements of Style

I had the privilege of sitting next to White's grand daughter in a class as an undergrad and I have always been a fan of the hog and spider he wrote about. My favorite piece he wrote is quoted below:
3 July 1943. The New Yorker
We received a letter from the Writers’ War Board the other day asking for a statement on “The Meaning of Democracy.” It presumably is our duty to comply with such a request, and it is certainly our pleasure.

Surely the Board knows what democracy is. It is the line that forms on the right. It is the don’t in don’t shove. It is the hole in the stuffed shirt through which the sawdust slowly trickles; it is the dent in the high hat. Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time. It is the feeling of privacy in the voting booths, the feeling of communion in the libraries, the feeling of vitality everywhere. Democracy is a letter to the editor. Democracy is the score at the beginning of the ninth. It is an idea which hasn’t been disproved yet, a song the words of which have not gone bad. It’s the mustard on the hot dog and the cream in the rationed coffee. Democracy is a request from a War Board, in the middle of a morning in the middle of a war, wanting to know what democracy is.
~E.B. White
Wow, life is funny sometimes (well, all the time really). Was just speaking about White the other day with a friend and how if I owned a pig, it would need to be accompanied with a friendly, philosophical spider. By the way, thanks for posting this. It is lovely and I had never read it before. Makes me want to read more of his works. I'm only familiar with his books for children.
"When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl..." "You find someone to carry you."

"She's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true."

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 8681
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by RickOShea » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:07 pm

RickOShea wrote:
flybynight wrote:
And see the first half of season 4 of FTWD
Not sure if that's a good selling point. Kinda like offering free waterboarding with every electric chair ride. :lol:
I just hope the mid-season finale isn't a cliffhanger. Image
Image
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 8681
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by RickOShea » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:28 am

freejamal wrote:18th of june it will start

Image
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 12414
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Bouncing in to Graceland

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by Stercutus » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:40 am

I was going to post note of relief and then the power went out. Went out yesterday too, I figured that was just a dry run. The power company said a tree was down but I know that was bogus because they were out cutting trees two months ago and took care of all that.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 2271
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by flybynight » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:24 am

Hey I'm seeing zombies at work. But it's the same zombies I always see at work.
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 12414
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Bouncing in to Graceland

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by Stercutus » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:10 pm

I took off special this week. I figured if the Zombie thing did not work out than I would go catch Paul Simon's final farewell concert.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 8681
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by RickOShea » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:14 pm

Stercutus wrote:I was going to post note of relief and then the power went out. Went out yesterday too, I figured that was just a dry run. The power company said a tree was down but I know that was bogus because they were out cutting trees two months ago and took care of all that.
It could be N.K. zombies with chainsaws, trying to get people to go outside so they are more vulnerable.. One summer, several years back, I went on a no-power trouble call and found three spans of line down. Turns out sumdood got kicked out of his house by his Old Lady, so he went out to the main road and started cutting down pine trees onto the line....I guess if he couldn't enjoy his AC & TV, he didn't want his wife enjoying them either.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 2271
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by flybynight » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:19 pm

Stercutus wrote:I took off special this week. I figured if the Zombie thing did not work out than I would go catch Paul Simon's final farewell concert.
If the zombies don't come to stercutus, Stercutus will go to the zombie
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

User avatar
teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4222
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:58 pm
Contact:

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by teotwaki » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:13 pm

TopTenFaktai wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:45 am
Good morning to everyone who likes zombies and zombies stories!,

I want to present a Youtube movie about TOP 10 Myths - Zombies. This movie is in English and also have English subtitles.
URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7fhoKdqhx0 ( I don't know how to add Youtube frame on this forum! - if you know tell me and I fix it )

And I have a question! How do You think - Can zombies exist in the current society !?
Oh great. Another one-post wonder looking for clicks on his bait
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 2271
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by flybynight » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:18 pm

teotwaki wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:13 pm
TopTenFaktai wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:45 am
Good morning to everyone who likes zombies and zombies stories!,

I want to present a Youtube movie about TOP 10 Myths - Zombies. This movie is in English and also have English subtitles.
URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7fhoKdqhx0 ( I don't know how to add Youtube frame on this forum! - if you know tell me and I fix it )

And I have a question! How do You think - Can zombies exist in the current society !?
Oh great. Another one-post wonder looking for clicks on his bait
The OP deleted his posts. But if you sort the letters of free jamal it' doesn't really match up with TopTenFaktai . Which I find really suspicious
:idea: OK SPILL IT TopTenFaktai . WHAT DID YOU DO WITH Free Jamal? We have ways of making you talk :idea:
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

User avatar
teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4222
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:58 pm
Contact:

Re: no joke zombie apocalypse is coming

Post by teotwaki » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:27 pm

TopTenFaktai is a secret group of Zombie Clowns

Image
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

Post Reply

Return to “What Would You Do?”