It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:30 am 

Hello,

My name’s Justin and as you may be interested to know about a new zombie product fundraising campaign, that my team and I have just started on.
Kickstarter.com (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/823 ... ying-cards) We’ve got a great team in place, and one of our colourists is even a former Marvel and D.C. comics artist.

We’re aiming to create high quality, Zombie pin-up poker cards, with aid of likeminded funders (really just anyone who likes Zombies, pin-up art or poker, or all three).

Some common Questions I have been asked:

Question:
Who makes up Team Zombie? What are their backgrounds and their roles in Team Zombie?

Justin Hussain: Creator and Idea maker
Timothy Thomas: Creator Idea maker
Robert Elsmore: is an illustrator, concept artist, pencils/ink artist.
German Garcia: Colorist artist
Illias Dante.: Colorist artist

Question:
When and how did the idea and project come together?

Answer: I have always been a big fan of zombies and playing cards so I wanted to combine them in a unique way. I had many ideas; there will be a Zombie board game to follow also ;)

Question:
What was the interview process like?

Answer:
Well, I put out adverts online and in my local area asking to meet talented artists and I traveled to meet many of them, in order to get to know and see their samples. While it was important to see their past work, I also paid to have some samples made in order to get a real feel for their work and to see if they would fit this project. I wanted to get an artist specialized in each different area (sketch to ink, digital painting etc), rather than one artist for the whole project. That way each artists role would play to their strengths, the project also would have been overwhelming for any one artist and having multiple artists making cards by themselves, wouldn't have led to the deck having the consistency of vision that it has.

Question:
So about the actual deck, will this be printed using United States Playing Card Company or will you use another company?

Answer:
The cards won't be printed through USPCC, but having the material be of high quality, Black core paper (310gsm. 63*88mm) is of paramount importance to us.

Question:
Is the entire deck designed or is the team still working on designs?

Answer:
The overall design and look of the cards is finished but the individual artwork for all of the cards is one of the things the funding will go towards. However the artists have already started working on it and our samples shown on the campaign are final images.

Question:
Can you talk about the design process?

Answer:
I come up with the idea and pass it to my concept artist, Rob. He then comes up with a sketch and shows me, I suggest any alterations as needed and then he'll go and create the finished linework. Once we're both content with that image, it is then passed on to one of our incredibly talented colourists, German Garcia Illias Dante, to create the finished image. Throughout the entire process there is a two way flow of ideas and critique between all involved, leading to a real collaboration. Sometimes the artist comes up with a concept for a card and passes it on to me and again we discuss. I wanted the cards to be playful and sexy, with a fair dose of macabre humour as well, but we're still aiming for something that wouldn't wbe too embarrassing to be seen with at work, maybe not quite suitable for work, but certainly not too risque either.

There you go, I hope these answer your questions sufficiently to aid. If you have any questions of course don't hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,

Justin

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+