Abandoned Porn

Zombie or Post Apocalyptic themed art stuff.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 5571
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:42 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)
Location: Tucson, AZ
Contact:

Abandoned Porn

Post by Sckitzo » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:28 pm

http://imgur.com/r/AbandonedPorn/new" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No real porn, a Redditor buddy sent me this. I don't have the link to the subreddit but if someone who uses Reddit knows it I'll add it in here.
ETA: Nevermind, figured it out. Derp.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AbandonedPorn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tons of really interesting pictures of everything from abandoned schools, to shipwrecks and towns.

User avatar
DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:25 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero
Location: Rio Rancho, NM

Re: Abandoned Porn

Post by DJH » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:33 pm

Saw this one earlier today and thought about posting it here, love it. Especially the shot of RMS Queen Elizabeth. Hawt.
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

Norwegian
* *
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:59 pm

Re: Abandoned Porn

Post by Norwegian » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:55 am

Second pic, with the four shipwrecks, one of them is the Russian cruiser "Murmansk" that came loose under tow on Christmas eve 1994 and sunk near Sørvær in northern Norway. It's currently being cut up and removed.

I have a few pics of abandoned stuff laying around, might post them here if there's any interest?

User avatar
Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 5571
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:42 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)
Location: Tucson, AZ
Contact:

Re: Abandoned Porn

Post by Sckitzo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:00 am

Norwegian wrote:Second pic, with the four shipwrecks, one of them is the Russian cruiser "Murmansk" that came loose under tow on Christmas eve 1994 and sunk near Sørvær in northern Norway. It's currently being cut up and removed.

I have a few pics of abandoned stuff laying around, might post them here if there's any interest?
I'd love to see them, there was a thread for Urban Exploration floating around but I couldn't find it.

Norwegian
* *
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:59 pm

Re: Abandoned Porn

Post by Norwegian » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:59 am

These aren't very urban, but definatly fits the theme. Not very artsy thought...

Old barn in Norway, probably 1800's but parts might be way older, they knew how to make stuff last back in the day:
Image

Old Shepard's cabin in southern France:
Image

Pump house, southern France about a kilometer or so from that Shepard's cabin:
Image

Truck cab near the pump house:
Image

Crappy pic, old farmhouse(?) near the truck cab:
Image

All but the first are near my parents' summer house in southern France, I think i might have some better pictures somewhere that I'll post if i can find them. Lot's of cool stuff down there to explore, next on my list is some old mines i haven't visited yet.

User avatar
Gothboy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:34 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of the zombie movies EVER.
Location: So Cal Baby!

Re: Abandoned Porn

Post by Gothboy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:07 am

Wow. Porn is right. Man I love / hate pics like this! Beautiful to see but sometimes the things you see gone to rot make you sad. "I could have saved that" kind of thing even though there's no way in hell. I still can't get enough.
Braxton wrote: This guy seems to be able to get it done with much less than three inches.

User avatar
Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 9345
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:06 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later
Location: Adirondacks, NY
Contact:

Re: Abandoned Porn

Post by Jamie » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:42 am

Some links from ZSNY trips to this sort of place:

{you don't have to be a FB member to view these pics)

1) https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 177cc1a680" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2) https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 2fd82bfad4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

3) https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... c73ff29a67" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fun trips...I love exploring this sort of area.

Jamie
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

Image
My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

User avatar
Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 5571
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:42 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)
Location: Tucson, AZ
Contact:

Re: Abandoned Porn

Post by Sckitzo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:03 pm

Norwegian wrote:These aren't very urban, but definatly fits the theme. Not very artsy thought...

*snip*

All but the first are near my parents' summer house in southern France, I think i might have some better pictures somewhere that I'll post if i can find them. Lot's of cool stuff down there to explore, next on my list is some old mines i haven't visited yet.
Hell, artsy enough to get the point across. Thinking farmhouse as well in that last one
Jamie wrote:Some links from ZSNY trips to this sort of place:

{you don't have to be a FB member to view these pics)
*snip*

Jamie
I really need to see if AZ has areas like these, one of the downsides of being such a new state.

User avatar
TacAir
* * * * *
Posts: 7913
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Abandoned Porn

Post by TacAir » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:05 pm

If you want abandoned homes, buildings, even entire cites, mines, bunkers, rocket launch complexes and more

http://englishrussia.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When the old Soviet fell apart massive amounts of infrastructure were abandoned/not finished. The site has massive numbers of photos. Warning - the site is addictive.

examples


Image

Image
TacAir - I'd rather be a disappointed pessimist than a horrified optimist
**All my books ** some with a different view of the "PAW". Check 'em out.
Adventures in rice storage//Mod your Esbit for better stability

User avatar
claverhouse
* *
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:50 am
Location: Scottish Highlands

Re: Abandoned Porn

Post by claverhouse » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:30 pm

Nice pics - have to admit however that when I saw the thread title , my first thought was back to the 1970s/80s when I was a kid and for some weird reason you always found old porn mags under bushes or in ditches :oops:
He either fears his fate too much,
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all.

User avatar
Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 5571
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:42 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)
Location: Tucson, AZ
Contact:

Re: Abandoned Porn

Post by Sckitzo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:33 pm

claverhouse wrote:Nice pics - have to admit however that when I saw the thread title , my first thought was back to the 1970s/80s when I was a kid and for some weird reason you always found old porn mags under bushes or in ditches :oops:
This was true up until at least the late 90's as well :lol:
TacAir wrote:If you want abandoned homes, buildings, even entire cites, mines, bunkers, rocket launch complexes and more

http://englishrussia.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When the old Soviet fell apart massive amounts of infrastructure were abandoned/not finished. The site has massive numbers of photos. Warning - the site is addictive.

examples


Image

Image
Pics are busted but if I fail my Anatomy Psio test Monday I'm blaming you and this link.

User avatar
TacAir
* * * * *
Posts: 7913
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Abandoned Porn

Post by TacAir » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:38 pm

Sckitzo wrote:
claverhouse wrote:Nice pics - have to admit however that when I saw the thread title , my first thought was back to the 1970s/80s when I was a kid and for some weird reason you always found old porn mags under bushes or in ditches :oops:
This was true up until at least the late 90's as well :lol:
TacAir wrote:If you want abandoned homes, buildings, even entire cites, mines, bunkers, rocket launch complexes and more

http://englishrussia.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When the old Soviet fell apart massive amounts of infrastructure were abandoned/not finished. The site has massive numbers of photos. Warning - the site is addictive.

examples


Image

Image
Pics are busted but if I fail my Anatomy Psio test Monday I'm blaming you and this link.

LOL

You can't say you weren't "WARNED" - I limit myself to no more than 3 threads at a time.

If you go to the railroad threads (there are two massive and classic threads) count on losing a couple of hours. Minimum.


http://englishrussia.com/2007/08/22/sta ... t-railway/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://englishrussia.com/2012/10/02/one ... he-height/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://englishrussia.com/2012/04/12/rai ... vosibirsk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TacAir - I'd rather be a disappointed pessimist than a horrified optimist
**All my books ** some with a different view of the "PAW". Check 'em out.
Adventures in rice storage//Mod your Esbit for better stability

User avatar
Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 5571
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:42 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)
Location: Tucson, AZ
Contact:

Re: Abandoned Porn

Post by Sckitzo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:08 pm

At least I have something to distract me since my HVAC went out and it is now around 90 degrees in the house. Going to be a shitty summer, looking at pictures of East Bloc makes me feel better :lol:

User avatar
TacAir
* * * * *
Posts: 7913
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Abandoned Porn

Post by TacAir » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:54 am

Some more photos of things in boneyards

http://io9.com/511617108" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - also has links for old submarines and boats.

http://weburbanist.com/category/archite ... ndonments/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (includes old movie sets)

http://myscienceacademy.org/2013/04/14/ ... the-world/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - who knew this stuff could be "Art"?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/the-33 ... -the-world" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; eerie photos to say the least.


The web is full of wonderful photos, I found these worth the bandwidth.
TacAir - I'd rather be a disappointed pessimist than a horrified optimist
**All my books ** some with a different view of the "PAW". Check 'em out.
Adventures in rice storage//Mod your Esbit for better stability

Post Reply

Return to “Art”