Japanese site of abandoned locations.

Zombie or Post Apocalyptic themed art stuff.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Cybrludite
ZS Member
ZS Member

Japanese site of abandoned locations.

Post by Cybrludite » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:45 pm

This is a site of pics from locations abandoned after the late-Eighties economic crash in Japan. Très apocalyptique.
“There are only two ways to sleep well at night, be ignorant or be prepared” – Simon Black

Readiness is all. — William Shakespeare

Senectute Et Perfidia

Robbie
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead
Zombieland

Re: Japanese site of abandoned locations.

Post by Robbie » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:38 pm

Pretty crazy. I went looking for more to see what I could find and found this Tumblr where its all about this as well.

http://abandonedjapan.tumblr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is pretty wild...

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)

Post by Sckitzo » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:40 pm

This showed up in my FB feed today
http://kotaku.com/the-beauty-of-japans- ... 1473490084" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:58 pm

For folks who like seeing abandoned places, there is a great youtuber https://www.youtube.com/user/TheUnknownCameraman? who explores a bunch of cool sites.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

TacAir

Post by TacAir » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:49 pm

Robbie wrote:Pretty crazy. I went looking for more to see what I could find and found this Tumblr where its all about this as well.

http://abandonedjapan.tumblr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is pretty wild...

About that resort...

The Lequio Resort Okinawa, to the net usually known as the Rekio Hotel thanks to the usual katakana transcription problems, is one of those countless hotel ruins you can find all over Japan and that most urban explorers only visit because nobody has torn them down yet. The most interesting thing I can say about the place is the fact that it was built in the 1970s during the Okinawan hotel boom and right in time for the Okinawan Ocean Expo in 1975 – like the *Nakagusuku Hotel Ruin*, the most amazing unfinished hotel I’ve ever seen. Unlike the Nakagusku Hotel the Lequio Resort was actually finished and opened, at least for a while. Nowadays it’s completely vandalized and gutted, almost as bare Okinawa’s all outshining haikyo further down south. Bare except for the impressive amount of graffiti – almost as plenty, but barely ever as good as at the *La Rainbow Hotel* in Okayama. Built halfway up a mountain overlooking a gorgeous bay the Rekio Hotel offered some stunning views and visitors should be very careful where their steps lead them, because the place is a death trap with barely any safety barriers. The elevator shaft was cracked open on every floor and the balconies had no railings, except for some low hanging ropes on some of them. The vandalized state and the exposed position of the hotel make it and everybody inside susceptible for the always present winds, so seriously: Be careful when you go there. If you go there, because there is really not much to see. My favourite part was the glasses shaped pool, now green, moldy and pretty disgusting. But overall *Michael* and I spent just about an hour at the Lequio Resort – which is a ridiculously short amount of time for a hotel of that size, considering that it took me more than 12 minutes to shoot a walking tour there. If the Rekio Hotel would have been one of my first explorations I’m sure it would have been an exciting adventure, but after seeing so many abandoned hotels it turned out to be barely more than a footnote in my (imaginary) haikyo book…

(Addendum 2012-07-19: It seems like “Lequio” was the Portuguese name for Okinawa when it was still the kingdom of Ryukyu – thanks to my dear colleague and regular reader Mayuko for that information!)

Thanks for the links, one doesn't often find these kinds of places in Japan...
TacAir - I'd rather be a disappointed pessimist than a horrified optimist
**All my books ** some with a different view of the "PAW". Check 'em out.
Adventures in rice storage//Mod your Esbit for better stability

Return to “Art”