KRS One - Disaster kit. Rappin' 'bout preparedness.

Zombie or Post Apocalyptic themed art stuff.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

KRS One - Disaster kit. Rappin' 'bout preparedness.

Post by BullOnParade » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:32 pm

I just heard this song last night. Allegedly in response to Hurricane Sandy, KRS One put together this song on preparing for natural disasters. There is actually good (although, vague) information in there. Nothing that we aren't familiar with here, but a new medium to hopefully reach a broader demographic of people who may not be prepared for disasters.

Not looking to discuss the validity of Rap and Hip Hop as a music form, just sharing a new outlet which I hadn't particularly seen used before.

P.S. If this is a dupe, L&B.
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Re: KRS One - Disaster kit. Rappin' 'bout preparedness.

Post by majorhavoc » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:03 pm

Ok, that's fairly awesome. :awesome:

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:25 pm

I can dig it. KRS-One has always been on a higher level. I like that he took the time to do something like this - Might get the message out to some who otherwise wouldn't hear it.
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

zombieapocalypsegame
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
28 Days Later

Post by zombieapocalypsegame » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:56 pm

I just came across this on another site. Have to say it's pretty good, and frankly I generally despise rap. It's not the subject matter that made it good - I think it's alright on its own. The fact that they're trying to educate and put a focus on people is great.

ZAG
Zombie Apocalypse Games
The Zombies, They're Coming!
Once Fired Lake City Brass
Brass made for & only used by the US armed forces, well suited for reloading.

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:25 am

I like that he seems to actually have done some research in this topic, it was not just a bunch of random BS but some sound advice.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:57 pm

Doing a little research on this song/video I found this.

"This is an opportunity to show the world what Hip Hop is capable of. Obviously this project isn't about raising money or making money. This is purely about knowledge and survival; I truly hope the world benefits from these words. By memorizing the lyrics of this song, you at least prepare yourself with a mental checklist against natural and man-made disasters." KRS One

Seems like the man has a plan. :clap:
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Return to “Art”