Default Usergroup Issues

If you have a question for members of the Zombie Squad bring it over here.

If this is a question specifically for an official authorized representative of Zombie Squad, Inc. your best bet will be to e-mail service@zombiehunters.org

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Tribunal Power
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Shawn of the Dead... Really, I prefer zombie video games.

Default Usergroup Issues

Post by Tribunal Power » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:53 am

Okay, so for some time now I've been trying to figure out how to set my default usergroup. I donated a while back, but really miss my green name, so I wanted to set my usergroup back to "Members".

I'm PM'd a couple mods about it, and I've been told that it should be as simple as going into my User CP and changing it under Usergroups. But after being told explicitly where the button to change my default group is, I searched and searched and searched and I swear the button isn't in my CP.

Here's some pics of what I'm seeing. Maybe it's unnecessary to show this, but I need someone to tell me I'm not nuts here.

Am I looking in the wrong place, or what? It's hard to believe that I'm just overlooking it, since I've been trying to figure this out for a while now. Maybe I'm just brainded.

Halp?

airballrad
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: Default Usergroup Issues

Post by airballrad » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:00 am

Same here; I also cannot change this.

Per the description for the Groups page, "Depending on whether the administrator allows it you may be allowed to change your default group". It doesn't appear that this has been allowed.

BrowncoatCaptain

Post by BrowncoatCaptain » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:35 pm

Right under Group Details in the first illustration is a listing titled ZS Member, with a bubble to the right, yeah? If you click to fill in that bubble... won't it change it back to member and not donor?
“You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

ZSC:034 Officer

Tribunal Power
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Shawn of the Dead... Really, I prefer zombie video games.

Post by Tribunal Power » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:48 pm

BrowncoatCaptain wrote:Right under Group Details in the first illustration is a listing titled ZS Member, with a bubble to the right, yeah? If you click to fill in that bubble... won't it change it back to member and not donor?
Not for me, it doesn't. The drop-down menu at the bottom only lists Join, Resign, or Demote as my actions. :gonk:

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later. Dawn of the Dead (both versions). Return of the Living Dead. Shaun of the Dead. Dead Alive.

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:03 pm

ZS members should now be able to change their default group. Basically, if you don't want to be part of the donor group, set your default group to "ZS". Please don't set it to "registered user" or your chapter group because you won't be green.
I survived Zombie Con 2011: Full Spectrum Pain
I survived Zombie Con 2012: Our word is "douchebag"
I survived Zombie Con 2014: <Insert inappropriate website here>

Big and Daft

Post by Big and Daft » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:05 pm

Aha, I've just changed that way!

Go to usergroups, then click to the LEFT of the group you want to change to ie. 'ZS - Official Member of the Zombie Squad' and then down to the the botton and to the left and click 'change default group' and then it takes you to a page that asks if you are sure.

airballrad
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by airballrad » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Ah, good to be Green again. :mrgreen:

Tribunal Power

Post by Tribunal Power » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:25 am

Sweet! Thanks folks!

Return to “Ask ZS”