My name is, My name is... Black?

If you have a question for members of the Zombie Squad bring it over here.

If this is a question specifically for an official authorized representative of Zombie Squad, Inc. your best bet will be to e-mail service@zombiehunters.org

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

SwampRat
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead(the remake), any of the resident evil films, 28 days later, armies of darkness, dead snow... ah hell it's like pickin a favorite child...

My name is, My name is... Black?

Post by SwampRat » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:20 pm

It's been a while. Can anyone fill me in on why my name is black instead of green? I thought it had something to do with the japan donation drive, because that's when it went black. I guess it shouldn't bother me, but I just feel like common folk with the black name... Now, don't misunderstand. I mean, please never let it be said that swamprat is not a friend of the common man, because he most certainly is. It's just that, I like green better. Or any color I guess. It doesn't have to be green. It could be what ever, maybe brown, or grey, yeah, I could be grey. Just throwing out some options, no hurry to buy. So, that was all I had. Thanks for reading and have a wonderful rest of the day. :)
Upon reading one of my posts you should assume that before I post I reread my posts twice and then often again after I post to check and recheck for spelling and grammatical errors. And I still miss most of them because, as it turns out, when you are home-schooled, you are only as smart as your mom.

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: My name is, My name is... Black?

Post by Gingerbread Man » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:22 pm

You're a donor to Japan. For some reason green font didn't 'fit' but black does. The banner takes up too much space.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

Big and Daft

Post by Big and Daft » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:26 pm

Your 'ZS Member' got replaced by 'ZS Donor' - so no green for the time being, you do still have the privileges of being a ZS member.
Even the mods and admins went back to black when their title changed but Kyle did some computer magic and made them red again.

SwampRat
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead(the remake), any of the resident evil films, 28 days later, armies of darkness, dead snow... ah hell it's like pickin a favorite child...

Post by SwampRat » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:36 pm

Ahh, well I guess privilege does come with rank. Least that's what the missus always says.
Upon reading one of my posts you should assume that before I post I reread my posts twice and then often again after I post to check and recheck for spelling and grammatical errors. And I still miss most of them because, as it turns out, when you are home-schooled, you are only as smart as your mom.

maldon007
Favorite Zombie Movies: Most of the older stuff, newer stuff just doesnt cut it fsr...

Post by maldon007 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:26 pm

I thought I remembered this from the Japan deal... first or second page... But it says you can get your green back, if you ask pretty please, I think.

Re: Donate to the Zombie Squad's Disaster Relief Fund for Japan
by kyle » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:31 am

mattltm wrote:
kyle wrote:
Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way to tie the donations given to setting up the forum badges so it has to be done manually. So, bare with us. We'll probably do them daily.

Also, if you forget to put your forum name in with the donation, drop an email to charity@zombiehunters.org with your forum name and the name the payment cam in as on Paypal and someone will hook you up.

As of 06:45 CDT on 16-March-2011 we have raised a total of $1,657.00 thanks to 31 donors!

The new badge seems to remove paid membership status....

Yeah. Can't do much about that with the limited space. If you would rather have the ZS Member banner I can switch it back for you. Just let me know.

However, you should still have ZS membership access (ZS members-only forum, Trading Post, etc.). If that's not true, please let me know.Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."
kyle
ZS Board Member

Hollowpoint26
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead 1990, Dawn of the Dead

Post by Hollowpoint26 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:09 am

How long after paying the membership are you actually able to post in the members only section?
Semper Paratus
Leadership is influencing people by providing purpose, direction, and motivation while operating to accomplish the mission and improving the organization.

airballrad
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by airballrad » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:06 am

Hollowpoint26 wrote:How long after paying the membership are you actually able to post in the members only section?
Same with getting your physical badge; 6-8 weeks after submitting the form. In practice this is much less, but the people that process these are volunteers doing it on their free time and they tend to do them in batches. We have also had a lot of new members recently, so the volume could be a factor too.

More details and contact info (if it's running really long): http://zombiehunters.org/members/

scorpionsak47
Favorite Zombie Movies: anything romero made ,dawn of the dead 2004, hell any zombie movie for that matter

Post by scorpionsak47 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:01 pm

i seem to recall and email address for checking the status on your membership its been about 6 weeks since i paid anyone know if i should wait more or send an email also didnt notice is there a similar wait on stuff ordered from the zs store ? if this is addressed some where else please feel free to move to correct area my search fu obviously sucks .

airballrad
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by airballrad » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:17 am

scorpionsak47 wrote:i seem to recall and email address for checking the status on your membership its been about 6 weeks since i paid anyone know if i should wait more or send an email also didnt notice is there a similar wait on stuff ordered from the zs store ? if this is addressed some where else please feel free to move to correct area my search fu obviously sucks .
The official word on turn-around on membership is 6-8 weeks, so I'd give it a couple more. They have had to process a much higher volume than usual over the past few months. As for store orders, my experience is that those go out fairly quickly, but ZS has no paid staff, so it's down to when people can volunteer their time to do it.

scorpionsak47
Favorite Zombie Movies: anything romero made ,dawn of the dead 2004, hell any zombie movie for that matter

Post by scorpionsak47 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:15 am

ok thanks for the response i checked its a few days shy of six weeks on the membership and just 10 days since i ordered from the store so ill wait abit longer

cmxterra
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by cmxterra » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:52 pm

airballrad wrote:
scorpionsak47 wrote:i seem to recall and email address for checking the status on your membership its been about 6 weeks since i paid anyone know if i should wait more or send an email also didnt notice is there a similar wait on stuff ordered from the zs store ? if this is addressed some where else please feel free to move to correct area my search fu obviously sucks .
The official word on turn-around on membership is 6-8 weeks, so I'd give it a couple more. They have had to process a much higher volume than usual over the past few months. As for store orders, my experience is that those go out fairly quickly, but ZS has no paid staff, so it's down to when people can volunteer their time to do it.
I'm sorry but 6 to 8 weeks to do a few keystrokes to change member status is a joke. I can see it taking longer to make the little badges.
concordia discors

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:00 pm

cmxterra wrote: I'm sorry but 6 to 8 weeks to do a few keystrokes to change member status is a joke. I can see it taking longer to make the little badges.

Yep this whole organization is a joke. Its a big jokey joke when our membership volunteer holds a full time job and has a life, and is now processing quadruple the normal number of members due to the History Channel special.

Big joke.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

cmxterra

Post by cmxterra » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:04 pm

crypto wrote:
cmxterra wrote: I'm sorry but 6 to 8 weeks to do a few keystrokes to change member status is a joke. I can see it taking longer to make the little badges.

Yep this whole organization is a joke. Its a big jokey joke when our membership volunteer holds a full time job and has a life, and is now processing quadruple the normal number of members due to the History Channel special.

Big joke.
Unless you are processing thousands of paying members (in which case you should look at paid staff) then yes, 6-8 weeks to change posting status is a joke. I run a website and know what it takes to do these things.
concordia discors

shrapnel
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Location: Aboard Baron von Counterculture's groovy purple dirigible, glaring down through a monocle.

Post by shrapnel » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:08 pm

Suffice it to say that as volunteers who do this out of the goodness of their hearts, it isn't like they hide the fact that it may take a while. Generally it takes far less than 6-8 weeks, but when it does, well, presumably people have lives and things to do.
OTTB wrote:"What's that you're wearing?"
"This? Oh, just my rabies hat."
shrapnel wrote:Darling, I would never fondle your sphenoid.
Dr. Cox wrote: People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings.
JamesCannon wrote:Shrapnel, if you were a superhero, you'd be Captain Buzzkill Peener Pain.

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:10 pm

cmxterra wrote:
crypto wrote:

Big joke.
Unless you are processing thousands of paying members (in which case you should look at paid staff) then yes, 6-8 weeks to change posting status is a joke. I run a website and know what it takes to do these things.
While input on how ZS is run as an organization is always appreciated, dues would be a lot higher if anyone got paid for any of this.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

cmxterra

Post by cmxterra » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:17 pm

I fully understand why it takes the time it does to make the badges. That is not difficult to understand. You have pics and text and you have to actually spend some time to make it look nice. It just astounded me that it took 6 - 8 weeks to do two maybe three key strokes in member management.
concordia discors

Big B
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Shawn of the Dead, Army of Darkness, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Etc

Post by Big B » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:20 pm

cmxterra wrote:
airballrad wrote:
I'm sorry but 6 to 8 weeks to do a few keystrokes to change member status is a joke. I can see it taking longer to make the little badges.
Did you miss the part where airballrad said ZS has no paid staff?

I don't want to speek for the good folks running ZS, but I'm pretty sure the 6-8 week time frame is to take into account for when someone gets the chance to take a break from their busy life and do some ZS member status stuff. :wink:

airballrad
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by airballrad » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:25 pm

I'm just a guy who hangs out here. so I don't speak for anyone. But my understanding of the process is that they do them in batches. So if they only do this once a month, there will be a delay. I don't think there's ever been anyone who paid their money and REALLY wanted to make a big deal out of it that didn't go green in a month or less, especially if the payment was electronic.

cmxterra

Post by cmxterra » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:27 pm

Big B wrote:
cmxterra wrote:
airballrad wrote:
Did you miss the part where airballrad said ZS has no paid staff?

I don't want to speek for the good folks running ZS, but I'm pretty sure the 6-8 week time frame is to take into account for when someone gets the chance to take a break from their busy life and do some ZS member status stuff. :wink:

Looking at some of the post counts from some of the staff you might argue they never leave the site :)
concordia discors

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:27 pm

cmxterra wrote:I fully understand why it takes the time it does to make the badges. That is not difficult to understand. You have pics and text and you have to actually spend some time to make it look nice. It just astounded me that it took 6 - 8 weeks to do two maybe three key strokes in member management.

Are you volunteering to keypunch?

cmxterra

Post by cmxterra » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:31 pm

raptor wrote:
cmxterra wrote:I fully understand why it takes the time it does to make the badges. That is not difficult to understand. You have pics and text and you have to actually spend some time to make it look nice. It just astounded me that it took 6 - 8 weeks to do two maybe three key strokes in member management.

Are you granting me access to the member database? That is usually an Administrator lvl access. Not just a moderator lvl access.
concordia discors

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:40 pm

cmxterra wrote:
raptor wrote:

Are you granting me access to the member database? That is usually an Administrator lvl access. Not just a moderator lvl access.
Granting access is not my prerogative.

However, if you want to do some volunteer work, PM the Admin and volunteer to help with tasks that do not require such access. It will free up time for others.

SwampRat
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by SwampRat » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:53 am

Wtf, I started this thread because I wanted to know what was up with the whole japan name color change thingy. How did it turn into this. You quit trolling in my thread! You are all off topic! It takes time, that's that, let it go, end of story.

I don't have a life. Well, I do, but I tend to ignore it in favor of ZS. I could help with the back log some, and I promise I wouldn't make any bodies name pink..... just offering.

scorpionsak47

Post by scorpionsak47 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:36 am

Lol my bad swamp rat I kinda resurrected this I was just trying to get some clarification on how long after I PayPaled the funds should it take not start a snivel fest. Guess I'm gonna be on the 8 week side lmao

Return to “Ask ZS”