Acronym /abbreviation suggestions?

If you have a question for members of the Zombie Squad bring it over here.

If this is a question specifically for an official authorized representative of Zombie Squad, Inc. your best bet will be to e-mail service@zombiehunters.org

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Lenny
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of the them, even the super cheesy unrealistic ones.

Re: Acronym /abbreviation suggestions?

Post by Lenny » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:49 pm

Any Idea on...

CATFU ?
COTDA ?
KITD FOHS ?

Listed half way down here.
http://www.nametags4u.com/cgi-bin/wwlis ... at=mpatch3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oderint Dum Metuant

"A knot ....is either exactly right or it is hopelessly wrong. Make only one change...and either an entirely different knot is made or no knot at all may exist." Clifford W. Ashley

zXzGrifterzXz
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Romero movies, The Stink of Flesh, Seige of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days later, The remakes of Night and Dawn.

Post by zXzGrifterzXz » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:26 pm

Lenny wrote:Any Idea on...

CATFU ? "Completly And Totally Fucked Up"
COTDA ? "Case Of The Dumb Asses" As in, I caught a case of the dumbasses.
KITD FOHS ? "Kept In The Dark and Fed On Horse Shit"
Answers added in blue.
-NREMT - EMT
-NFPA 1006 Rescue Technician
-HAZMAT Technician

My Aid Bag
*Standard medical disclaimer applies to all of my posts, YMMV, Always check CNS before and after, never let the new guy drive, don't attempt anything you read here without proper supervision..... Blah Blah Blah*

Lenny
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of the them, even the super cheesy unrealistic ones.

Post by Lenny » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:57 pm

You are most wise, Darth Grifter.

I take it JAWA is self explanatory. Lenny
Oderint Dum Metuant

"A knot ....is either exactly right or it is hopelessly wrong. Make only one change...and either an entirely different knot is made or no knot at all may exist." Clifford W. Ashley

zXzGrifterzXz
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Romero movies, The Stink of Flesh, Seige of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days later, The remakes of Night and Dawn.

Post by zXzGrifterzXz » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:19 pm

Lenny wrote:You are most wise, Darth Grifter.

I take it JAWA is self explanatory. Lenny
Pretty much, I have only heard it used a few times but it pretty much just means a grunt deployed to the desert.
-NREMT - EMT
-NFPA 1006 Rescue Technician
-HAZMAT Technician

My Aid Bag
*Standard medical disclaimer applies to all of my posts, YMMV, Always check CNS before and after, never let the new guy drive, don't attempt anything you read here without proper supervision..... Blah Blah Blah*

Lenny

Post by Lenny » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:08 am

ZARTWEEB - Zombies Are Running This Way Escape And Evasion Bag

This is someone elses phrase. I just thought I'd add it.

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... &sk=t&sd=a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oderint Dum Metuant

LowKey
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Dead (original and remake)
Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)
Land of the Dead
Diary of the Dead
28 Days
28 Weeks
Resident Evil
Shawn of the Dead
Night of the Comet (cheese squared!)
Dead Alive (cheese cubed!!)

Re:

Post by LowKey » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:49 am

michelle wrote:Acronyms don't have to be pronounceable words, no.
If they aren't pronounceable words, then technicaly speaking they aren't acronyms...they're initialisims, just to pick nits. Not much of a difference admittedly, but I felt persnickity today :lol:
"While the word abbreviation refers to any shortened form of a word or a phrase, some have used initialism or alphabetism to refer to an abbreviation formed simply from a string of initials. In 1943, Bell Laboratories coined the term acronym as the name for a word (such as SONAR) created from the first letters of each word in a series of words (such as SOund Navigation And Ranging).[1] The terms initialism and alphabetism are neither widely used nor widely known. The term acronym is widely used to describe any abbreviation formed from initial letters.[2]

Most dictionaries define acronym to mean "a word" in its original sense,[3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10] while some include a secondary indication of usage, attributing to acronym the same meaning as that of initialism.[11][12][13] According to the primary definition found in most dictionaries, examples of acronyms would include NATO (pronounced /ˈneɪtoʊ/), scuba (/ˈskuːbə/, self-contained underwater breathing apparatus), and radar (/ˈreɪdɑr/, radio detection and ranging), while examples of simple abbreviations (initialisms) would include FBI (/ˌɛfˌbiːˈaɪ/) and HTML (/ˌeɪtʃˌtiːˌɛmˈɛl/).[7][12][14]
“Political tags – such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth – are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” Robert A. Heinlein

Lenny

Re: Re:

Post by Lenny » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:37 am

LowKey wrote:
If they aren't pronounceable words, then technicaly speaking they aren't acronyms...they're initialisims, just to pick nits. Not much of a difference admittedly, but I felt persnickity today :lol:
"While the word abbreviation refers to any shortened form of a word or a phrase, some have used initialism or alphabetism to refer to an abbreviation formed simply from a string of initials. In 1943, Bell Laboratories coined the term acronym as the name for a word (such as SONAR) created from the first letters of each word in a series of words (such as SOund Navigation And Ranging).[1] The terms initialism and alphabetism are neither widely used nor widely known. The term acronym is widely used to describe any abbreviation formed from initial letters.[2]

Most dictionaries define acronym to mean "a word" in its original sense,[3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10] while some include a secondary indication of usage, attributing to acronym the same meaning as that of initialism.[11][12][13] According to the primary definition found in most dictionaries, examples of acronyms would include NATO (pronounced /ˈneɪtoʊ/), scuba (/ˈskuːbə/, self-contained underwater breathing apparatus), and radar (/ˈreɪdɑr/, radio detection and ranging), while examples of simple abbreviations (initialisms) would include FBI (/ˌɛfˌbiːˈaɪ/) and HTML (/ˌeɪtʃˌtiːˌɛmˈɛl/).[7][12][14]
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Oderint Dum Metuant

Subdiver
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Dead Alive, Army of Darkness, Shaun of the Dead

Post by Subdiver » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:51 am

And of course: N.U.B.

Non
Useful
Body.
.30-30, 1300, .45/.357, Single Malt, Green wire.

Illegitimi non Carborundum
ImageImage

LowKey
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Dead (original and remake)
Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)
Land of the Dead
Diary of the Dead
28 Days
28 Weeks
Resident Evil
Shawn of the Dead
Night of the Comet (cheese squared!)
Dead Alive (cheese cubed!!)

Re: Re:

Post by LowKey » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:58 am

Lenny wrote:
LowKey wrote:
"While the word abbreviation.. ....while some include a secondary indication of usage, attributing to acronym the same meaning as that of initialism.[11][12][13] According to the primary definition found in most dictionaries, examples of acronyms would include NATO (pronounced /ˈneɪtoʊ/), scuba (/ˈskuːbə/, self-contained underwater breathing apparatus), and radar (/ˈreɪdɑr/, radio detection and ranging), while examples of simple abbreviations (initialisms) would include FBI (/ˌɛfˌbiːˈaɪ/) and HTML (/ˌeɪtʃˌtiːˌɛmˈɛl/).[7][12][14]
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I know, I know.....I like reading the fine print too :mrgreen:
“Political tags – such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth – are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” Robert A. Heinlein

chupacabra

Post by chupacabra » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:58 pm

So the POS (piece of sh**) acronym was never addressed from previous page...and this forum is in FRF tonight (F***ing rare form).
My most often used is that something is TDB (too damn bad).
That one fits right in with conversation, and saves on texting.
Zombie personal hygeine is sorely lacking, and therefore Mother would never approve of Zombies.

trevor3433
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Resident Evil: Degeneration, Fido, Diary of the Dead [2008], Shaun of the Dead, Dead Snow, Land of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead [2004], Night of the Living Dead [1990], I Am Legend, etc.

Post by trevor3433 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:28 pm

What about ZSAG PASZ
Zombie Squad and Guests' Post Apocalyptic Safe Zones!!
You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, follow me.
"Stay Vigilant, Stay Quiet, Stay Alive" - JL Bourne

Lenny

Post by Lenny » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:19 pm

Anybody know who first coined the term COMWEC?
Oderint Dum Metuant

mega-hertz
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the dead, 28 days(the one where Sandra bullock goes to rehab and has to kill her way back to the bar and gets naked a lot when she fights all those zombies)

Post by mega-hertz » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:42 am

5 pages and no one's posted M.C.L.M.M.
then again, ZS doesn't have as many large egos, like some of the other gun/LEO/merc./mil. forums do. :lol:
" I'm hiding in Honduras. I'm a desperate man. Send lawyers, guns and money. The $h!t has hit the fan." Warren Zevon......R.I.P.
fart lol!

Lenny

Post by Lenny » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:29 am

mega-hertz wrote:5 pages and no one's posted M.C.L.M.M.
then again, ZS doesn't have as many large egos, like some of the other gun/LEO/merc./mil. forums do. :lol:

http://www.acronymfinder.com/Mushroom-C ... herfigure-(MCLMM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).html :?
Oderint Dum Metuant

Texasmullet
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of th. Dead
evil dead/aod
dead alive

Post by Texasmullet » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:17 pm

HMFIC
head mother fcuker in charge
A bunch of fig-eaters wearing towels on their heads, trying to find reverse in a Soviet tank. This is not a worthy adversary.

Veit

Post by Veit » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:50 pm

W.F.O.

Wide Fuckin' Open

ForgeCorvus
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Quite liked 'Dead Set'
'28 Days Later'
and think that 'Shaun of the Dead' is a great poke at the whole Z-flick thing

Post by ForgeCorvus » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:55 pm

How about?

T.A.N.J. (sometimes with one or more !), pronounced Tange

There Ain't No Justice, in other words S**t happens, deal with it

Its from a book, but I have heard it used by real people :)

Crow
I'm English, our Government doesn't trust us to have real guns........or decent pocket knives for that matter
Good job theres no such thing as a Trebuchet licence :D

Winner, PMBoB
LowKey wrote:INCH bags are to lifeboats what BOBs are to life vests.

BillDfensFoster

Post by BillDfensFoster » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:48 am

not used on here but PFM is my fave PURE F'N MAGIC
Now you're gonna die in that stupid hat. How does it feel ?- Bill Foster
I'd like you to tell me that you are, and have been, a false prophet... and that God is a superstition.--Daniel Plainview

zedisdead
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland
Dawn of the Dead
Night of the Living Dead
all of the Resident Evil movies
28 Days Later

Post by zedisdead » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:01 pm

how about INCH ???
Stab74 wrote:You can't drop the ball if you never picked it up in the first place.

Did I just blow your mind?

zedisdead
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland
Dawn of the Dead
Night of the Living Dead
all of the Resident Evil movies
28 Days Later

Post by zedisdead » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:43 pm

as in what does INCH stand for?
Stab74 wrote:You can't drop the ball if you never picked it up in the first place.

Did I just blow your mind?

arrowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Location: Riding Shotgun on the Bang Bus out of the Zombie Apocalypse

Post by arrowolf » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:48 am

INCH is you're "I'm Never Coming Home" gear.
Every cloud has a silver lining. Except the mushroom-shaped ones which have a lining of Iridium and Strontium-90.

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

Stumpgrinder
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Shawn of the Dead, The Signal

Post by Stumpgrinder » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:00 pm

I have no idea what BOAT stands for. I'm guessing its a pocket sized kit of some sort. Oh and my personal fav. as a basement-virgin-wow-head.

L2P

Learn to Play
Vicarious_Lee wrote:We'll get by.

phil_in_cs
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by phil_in_cs » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:28 pm

Stumpgrinder wrote:I have no idea what BOAT stands for. I'm guessing its a pocket sized kit of some sort. Oh and my personal fav. as a basement-virgin-wow-head.

L2P

Learn to Play
Bug Out Altoid Tin
Don't confuse a belligerent and aggressive attitude with the strength, training, and conditioning needed to prevail in a fight. How do you know you have the Will To Win, if you don't even have the will to train?

DaJoker

Post by DaJoker » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:17 pm

AOL - All Outta Lime.

OUCH - Only Unarmed Californians Here.
NLM FEMA8 Knucklebuster
"Man's true profession is to find the road to himself." Thomas Hobbes
“Showing reality always makes the best propaganda.” Taliban member quoted in Newsweek
M1A/5.7x28mm/Green Wire/Pie

Return to “Ask ZS”