Weight Gain

If you have a question for members of the Zombie Squad bring it over here.

If this is a question specifically for an official authorized representative of Zombie Squad, Inc. your best bet will be to e-mail service@zombiehunters.org

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Weight Gain

Post by 66606 » Wed May 28, 2008 10:58 am

Ok I've seen a few threads about losing weight and such but I'm in the opposite camp. I could do with putting on a few pounds, around 36Ibs really.

Any tips?, I'm starting a serious fitness program based on the British army's basic fitness requirements and have to eat healthily with low fat stuff most of the time.

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Re: Weight Gain

Post by crypto » Wed May 28, 2008 11:26 am

Lots of protein, lots of exercise.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

CLEAR CUT

Post by CLEAR CUT » Wed May 28, 2008 3:12 pm

I would watch out what you eat really. Generally you want to eat two grams of protein for each kilogram of lean muscle mass you have currently. More to gain and less to lose. <-taken from the Pritikin Diet.

Hit the weights heavily, but watch how much you're lifting and be sure to use a spotter for really heavy stuff.

If you try going balls out too quickly, you're liable to get injured and have a set back. So take it easy. If you need anymore help feel free to ask, and I'll do my best to help you out tailoring a work-out regimin.
The greatest mask of all is not wearing one.
You can't tarnish a rusted blade.
Zoltan wrote:Chimps are fucking dangerous
Don't ever forget your DBP's!

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Wed May 28, 2008 3:32 pm

Geez, exercise? To gain weight?!

Gentlemen, you've got it all wrong! The answer is obviously double cheeseburgers washed down with lots of beer and then followed by sleep!

Rinse and repeat for a couple months!

Sheesh! Exercise! :mrgreen:
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

Post by 66606 » Wed May 28, 2008 4:46 pm

Cheers for that advice, so basically protein and exercise. Can work that in with the programme I'm starting. Aiming to get my self up to infantry level fitness in 14 weeks, after that might try a higher level.

Basically I want to put on weight so I don't get washed away in the strong tides, it was embarrassing on Monday evening. 7 burly guys and me all in the surf and I was having my feet washed away half the time .

CLEAR CUT

Post by CLEAR CUT » Wed May 28, 2008 8:56 pm

The only problem is building quality muscle. It's going to be tough sledding to pack on thirty-six pounds of quality muscle in such a short period of time.

Honestly, the only way I could see that happening for someone out of their teens and still growing would be from a bottle. And by bottle, I don't mean over the counter supplements if you catch my drift?
The greatest mask of all is not wearing one.
You can't tarnish a rusted blade.
Zoltan wrote:Chimps are fucking dangerous
Don't ever forget your DBP's!

Post by 66606 » Thu May 29, 2008 6:40 am

LOL, well a bit of fat wouldn't go amiss, something to keep me warm on those cold winter days when I'm floating in the north sea (Mind you that's not going to happen, haven't put on fat in near on 20 years now )

Gunny

Post by Gunny » Fri May 30, 2008 6:46 pm

Check out this forum:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They have a damn good forum dedicated to pretty much everything fitness.

Also, protein can be expensive and easy to buy a knockoff brand. If you're really wanting to put on that much weight, go buy ON Nutrition's Whey Protein. Start off with a big tub or bag. Don't go exotic with the flavors either, stick with Vanilla (my fav), chocolate or strawberry.

The cheapest place to buy it will be http://www.bodybuilding.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; though if you find a cheaper spot, PM me and I'll be in yer debt :)

Cultentacle

Post by Cultentacle » Fri May 30, 2008 7:33 pm

My boyfriend used to be really thin, and like everyone says here protein and exercise was all he needed to build lots of muscle and weight. Which he did, but it took a long while for him to get the results he wanted, so be patient and good luck.

Erik

Post by Erik » Fri May 30, 2008 7:55 pm

If you like torture, try this:

http://www.crossfit.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post by 66606 » Sat May 31, 2008 7:41 am

Oh dear Cod Gunny, I don't mind protein but I'll take mine from real food thanks. Not saying that I don't trust Body Building and supplements but my brother was into body Building when he was younger and now he's 40 years old and drives and Audi ....coincidence? I don't think so.

No, I'll take mine from things like nuts, bread, milk, peanut butter and lean meat. I've got the patients, I figure once I see weight going on I'll know it's working and then just have to keep an eye on it so I don't get too heavy.

Cultentacle

Post by Cultentacle » Sat May 31, 2008 8:43 am

66606 if you aren't into the supplements how about eating bugs? I hear they have a ton of protein. yum yum grasshoppers.
Most likely not, so maybe a lot of eggs would be a good addition into your diet. They have good amounts of protein I think.

Post by 66606 » Sat May 31, 2008 9:16 am

Cultentacle wrote:66606 if you aren't into the supplements how about eating bugs? I hear they have a ton of protein. yum yum grasshoppers.
Deep fried Scorpion, Bamboo bug, crickets, Grasshoppers and meal worms....all good :) Used to work at a reptile live food farm, we produced all that and we were allowed to eat as much as we liked.

Cultentacle

Post by Cultentacle » Sat May 31, 2008 9:28 am

Thats awesome. Have any favorites? I think I'd be good eating bugs and stuff...just not scorpions. Those things scare me senseless.

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Sat May 31, 2008 3:10 pm

Gentlemen gentlemen, has no one taken my advice seriously?

When Stallone had to gain all that weight for Copland he followed the same advice I posted. He gained 40 lbs ricky-tick.

:mrgreen:
Dave Merrill

Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

Post by 66606 » Sat May 31, 2008 5:12 pm

DavePAL84 wrote:Gentlemen gentlemen, has no one taken my advice seriously?

When Stallone had to gain all that weight for Copland he followed the same advice I posted. He gained 40 lbs ricky-tick.

:mrgreen:
I'm taking it under advisement from the friendly local Heart surgeon....apparently he's not keen on the idea :)

Cultentacle, scorpions are good, taste like prawns with a little something I can't quite place.
Grasshoppers are good as well, especially dipped in chocolate.

Gunny

Post by Gunny » Sat May 31, 2008 6:45 pm

66606 wrote:Oh dear Cod Gunny, I don't mind protein but I'll take mine from real food thanks. Not saying that I don't trust Body Building and supplements but my brother was into body Building when he was younger and now he's 40 years old and drives and Audi ....coincidence? I don't think so.

No, I'll take mine from things like nuts, bread, milk, peanut butter and lean meat. I've got the patients, I figure once I see weight going on I'll know it's working and then just have to keep an eye on it so I don't get too heavy.
It's pretty vital to gaining muscle mass. See if you can't find a single serving somewhere and give it a try. To me, it tastes like a thin milk shake. mmm :D

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Sat May 31, 2008 6:49 pm

66606 wrote: I've got the patients,
Well oh shit, you're in medicine--you should know this already then!

:lol:
Dave Merrill

Post by 66606 » Sat May 31, 2008 6:56 pm

Gunny wrote:
66606 wrote:Oh dear Cod Gunny, I don't mind protein but I'll take mine from real food thanks. Not saying that I don't trust Body Building and supplements but my brother was into body Building when he was younger and now he's 40 years old and drives and Audi ....coincidence? I don't think so.

It's pretty vital to gaining muscle mass. See if you can't find a single serving somewhere and give it a try. To me, it tastes like a thin milk shake. mmm :D
But I could get the same result with Guinness and raw eggs surely ?

DavePAL84 wrote:
66606 wrote: I've got the patients,
Well oh shit, you're in medicine--you should know this already then!

:lol:
Oh young male bovines...........meant patience *slaps forehead*

Return to “Ask ZS”