just a quick question

If you have a question for members of the Zombie Squad bring it over here.

If this is a question specifically for an official authorized representative of Zombie Squad, Inc. your best bet will be to e-mail service@zombiehunters.org

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Hunter for Hire

just a quick question

Post by Hunter for Hire » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:02 pm

whats the "R" in ZS-R stand for?
Hunter for hire with no plans to retire

"Stop abortion! Fetal Zombies are Tiny and Hard to Kill!" <---noncyr (one of the funniest things i ever read)

ghostface

Post by ghostface » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:04 pm

Reserve(s).
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices, to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own...

Hunter for Hire

Post by Hunter for Hire » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:44 pm

thank you my good man, well does that mean your a follower or in line to become ZS?

"Stop abortion! Fetal Zombies are Tiny and Hard to Kill!" <---noncyr (one of the funniest things i ever read)

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:38 pm

It means just what it means: Reserve. To be called upon in time of need.
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

Hunter for Hire

Post by Hunter for Hire » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:29 pm

so there actually part of the team, not just extras.

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:39 pm

Well, here's the thing: they are mainly an information/communication/support network. ZS-R's main task is to monitor their areas for zombies, bad zombie films, or other disasters, and inform the rest of us. Witness the recent hurricanes, where we had several members reporting from the storm area. They also serve to provide support for each other, so if I come to your house you have to let me crash in the garage. (just kidding, the couch will be fine :D ) ZS-Reservists have to agree to abide by their local laws, and to basically not do anything stupid that would cause trouble for ZS. And they have to agree to throw really good parties.
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

d-girl

Post by d-girl » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:37 pm

And in return for our pledge of support we get....nothing. Hey! Where does it say that the ZS members are gonna watch out for the Reservists? I think I want to see that in writing somewhere. Hopefully it's in that packet I keep hearing about.
It's not my fault - I was in Peru!

avatar stolen from www.megagear.com

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:48 pm

Um, yeah... well, we let you in the clubhouse once a week, give you all the ZS stickers you can eat, and you get all the tattoos you want for $10 each! (tattoo offer excludes everything but ZS tattoos) AND if you contribute to the boat fund, I've promised to do EVERYTHING I CAN to come help you in case the zombies rise. offer excludes all non-zombie situations.

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by kyle » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:13 am

Hunter for Hire wrote:so there actually part of the team, not just extras.
Yes.

There really is no difference between ZS and ZS-R except ZS fronts the bill for the administrations costs (with the help of t-shirt sales).

Every ZS/ZS-R member here contributes to the community and adds to the collection of information on the forum for our future reference.
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

d-girl

Post by d-girl » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:22 am

:shock: There's a clubhouse?

:cry: Nobody told me.

Yeah, I think the ZS will scoop me up on their way out of town. I only live a few blocks away. It would look bad if they didn't. Really, really bad. :evil:
It's not my fault - I was in Peru!

avatar stolen from www.megagear.com

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by kyle » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:55 am

d-girl wrote::shock: There's a clubhouse?

:cry: Nobody told me.

Yeah, I think the ZS will scoop me up on their way out of town. I only live a few blocks away. It would look bad if they didn't. Really, really bad. :evil:
Not if we say "yeah, sure we stopped by but it was too late. D-girl will be missed." :D

Then you'll escape and kill us all in our sleep for revenge. Damnit.
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

Horatio_Tyllis
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead 2004
Special Dead
Dead before Dawn 3d

Post by Horatio_Tyllis » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:30 pm

Jamoni wrote:Um, yeah... well, we let you in the clubhouse once a week, give you all the ZS stickers you can eat, and you get all the tattoos you want for $10 each! (tattoo offer excludes everything but ZS tattoos) AND if you contribute to the boat fund, I've promised to do EVERYTHING I CAN to come help you in case the zombies rise. offer excludes all non-zombie situations.
[mad scientist voice]

Boat fund... really now? mwahahaha! before I introduce this vial into the resevoir then... do you accept pay-pal?

[/mad scientist voice]
Winter driving guide: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=82858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zimmy wrote:Intelligent safety conscious fireman snuffing telekinetic golems?
Our heroes are doomed without Gyrojet pistols firing antimatter tipped rockets!

bgaesop

Post by bgaesop » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:13 pm

I know it's been a while since someone last posted in this string, but where is this boat/clubhouse/place where I could make good on that tattoo offer? Also, I think I may have asked this before, but does it cost anything to join the reserves? I know I can't until I'm 18, but if it does I can set aside money now.

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by kyle » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:27 pm

bgaesop wrote:I know it's been a while since someone last posted in this string, but where is this boat/clubhouse/place where I could make good on that tattoo offer? Also, I think I may have asked this before, but does it cost anything to join the reserves? I know I can't until I'm 18, but if it does I can set aside money now.

Clubhouse? Hmm.. I'll answer loaded question.

William owns a profession tattoo shop here in St. Louis and has offered a discount for anyone who who gets a ZS tattoo in his shop. You'll have to ask him for the details of this offer. If you're serious about it then drop him a PM.

There is no fee to join the Zombie Squad Reserve Unit.

bgaesop

Post by bgaesop » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:40 am

St. Louis? Same St. Louis which has the Washington University which was founded by my great-grandfather? Sorry, I just found that out yesterday and it's too cool not to mention.

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by kyle » Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:34 pm

bgaesop wrote:St. Louis? Same St. Louis which has the Washington University which was founded by my great-grandfather? Sorry, I just found that out yesterday and it's too cool not to mention.
Yep. That St. Louis. Your great grandfather was William Greenleaf Eliot? Was T. S. Eliot your grandfather?

bgaesop

Post by bgaesop » Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:22 pm

Yes and not quite, grand-uncle or whatever the term is. I was named Thomas after T.S. and my dad's middle name is Greenleaf.

ghostface

Post by ghostface » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:42 pm

So you’d be cool with leaning on the admissions board for a few of my friends?
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices, to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own...

bgaesop

Post by bgaesop » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:47 pm

Hopefully. I don't even know if I am going to get any preferential treatment, but if I don't I'll get my Great-Granpappy's zombie to smack 'em around a little.

Did I say that out loud? I mean ghost, of course. Not zombie.

ghostface

Post by ghostface » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:12 pm

I was kidding. None of my friends will ever go to college.

Return to “Ask ZS”