It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:21 pm 
Offline
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:10 pm
Posts: 2993
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 38 times
Trying to order a few pieces of merch, but after I log in, go to my cart and click "checkout", my browser just keeps reloading my cart. No notifications at the top of the page.

Trying to place order from iPhone, same results on safari and chrome.

_________________
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:28 pm 
Offline
BANNED

Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:36 pm
Posts: 504
Location: VA
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 5 times
what storefront?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:06 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:41 pm
Posts: 3239
Location: Central Cascadia
Has thanked: 134 times
Been thanked: 268 times
BullOnParade wrote:
Trying to order a few pieces of merch, but after I log in, go to my cart and click "checkout", my browser just keeps reloading my cart. No notifications at the top of the page.

Trying to place order from iPhone, same results on safari and chrome.


I think it might have something to do with all the upper leadership abandoning the forums. Some people were having a hard time even ordering memberships via anything bot online (even then heard some people couldn't renew). Sad, but I guess as long as the forums stay up and running I'm happy.

_________________
JeeperCreeper wrote:
I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:
Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:51 pm 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:49 am
Posts: 1790
Location: Yo Momma's House
Has thanked: 294 times
Been thanked: 246 times
Halfapint wrote:
BullOnParade wrote:
Trying to order a few pieces of merch, but after I log in, go to my cart and click "checkout", my browser just keeps reloading my cart. No notifications at the top of the page.

Trying to place order from iPhone, same results on safari and chrome.


I think it might have something to do with all the upper leadership abandoning the forums. Some people were having a hard time even ordering memberships via anything bot online (even then heard some people couldn't renew). Sad, but I guess as long as the forums stay up and running I'm happy.


I'm pretty sure I only bought a one year membership and I think it's been three years and I'm still registered as a member. I dunno, maybe I didn't.

_________________
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:
There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:
The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:02 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:41 pm
Posts: 3239
Location: Central Cascadia
Has thanked: 134 times
Been thanked: 268 times
Not to mention how many chapters are still active when I never see any postings in them. I know a lot operate from FB or whatever. But I haven't seen a new chapter or a deactivation in years..... So who knows.

_________________
JeeperCreeper wrote:
I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:
Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:10 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Posts: 11347
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 574 times
Amazing how things happen for years and people don't notice them.

_________________
"Big Thanks - I promise to advance your agenda within the secret and omnipotent councils of the Trilateral Commission"

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:04 pm 
Offline
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:10 pm
Posts: 2993
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 38 times
Sigh. Shame. My chapter has misplaced our flag, I was hoping to pick one up for myself and another member who expressed interest.

John has a long moustache.
The chair is against the wall.

_________________
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:01 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Posts: 7269
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 82 times
Halfapint wrote:
BullOnParade wrote:
Trying to order a few pieces of merch, but after I log in, go to my cart and click "checkout", my browser just keeps reloading my cart. No notifications at the top of the page.

Trying to place order from iPhone, same results on safari and chrome.


I think it might have something to do with all the upper leadership abandoning the forums. Some people were having a hard time even ordering memberships via anything bot online (even then heard some people couldn't renew). Sad, but I guess as long as the forums stay up and running I'm happy.

Frankly, the place has the feel of a sci-fi horror flick about it. Empty hallways, abandoned areas filled with echoes and flickering, half dead lights. Like a deep space ship, abandoned by the crew because of some unnamed danger, now just cruising along on its own until it runs out of fuel.

Or like a forum the founders have stopped caring about but which pre-paid the hosting bill a few years in advance, just waiting for the credit to expire and the account to be clicked off.

_________________
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:31 am 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 3751
Has thanked: 1544 times
Been thanked: 467 times
Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello?

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

_________________
Most of my adventures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Introduction With Pictures: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 10&t=79019" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Graduated with honors from kit porn university


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:59 am 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:41 pm
Posts: 3239
Location: Central Cascadia
Has thanked: 134 times
Been thanked: 268 times
KJ4VOV wrote:
Frankly, the place has the feel of a sci-fi horror flick about it. Empty hallways, abandoned areas filled with echoes and flickering, half dead lights. Like a deep space ship, abandoned by the crew because of some unnamed danger, now just cruising along on its own until it runs out of fuel.

Or like a forum the founders have stopped caring about but which pre-paid the hosting bill a few years in advance, just waiting for the credit to expire and the account to be clicked off.


Is someone cutting onions in here? My eyes are watering, seriously? Anyone? No? Fine! ::wipes away tears:

_________________
JeeperCreeper wrote:
I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:
Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:59 am 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Posts: 7269
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 82 times
Halfapint wrote:
KJ4VOV wrote:
Frankly, the place has the feel of a sci-fi horror flick about it. Empty hallways, abandoned areas filled with echoes and flickering, half dead lights. Like a deep space ship, abandoned by the crew because of some unnamed danger, now just cruising along on its own until it runs out of fuel.

Or like a forum the founders have stopped caring about but which pre-paid the hosting bill a few years in advance, just waiting for the credit to expire and the account to be clicked off.


Is someone cutting onions in here? My eyes are watering, seriously? Anyone? No? Fine! ::wipes away tears:

On the plus side, those of us left may have a shot at taking over the forums if they're to be shut down. I, for one, have experience running this same forum script (ran a forum about this size for 13 years, just shut it down this year) and I know there's others here who also have the experience, as well as there being a few active mods left. I'd be willing to take it over and move it to my servers, possibly with a new domain name and maybe a slightly changed name. Maybe play off on the whole zombie theme with an undead ZS forum.

It'd have to be self-supporting though, which means either paid accounts, ads, or donations and fundraisers. Maybe all three.

Anyway, it's all just meaningless speculation. There's been no announcement, nothing said by any admin, so the reality could be quite different.

_________________
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:21 am 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 2146
Has thanked: 1086 times
Been thanked: 302 times
KJ4VOV wrote:
Halfapint wrote:
KJ4VOV wrote:
Frankly, the place has the feel of a sci-fi horror flick about it. Empty hallways, abandoned areas filled with echoes and flickering, half dead lights. Like a deep space ship, abandoned by the crew because of some unnamed danger, now just cruising along on its own until it runs out of fuel.

Or like a forum the founders have stopped caring about but which pre-paid the hosting bill a few years in advance, just waiting for the credit to expire and the account to be clicked off.


Is someone cutting onions in here? My eyes are watering, seriously? Anyone? No? Fine! ::wipes away tears:

On the plus side, those of us left may have a shot at taking over the forums if they're to be shut down. I, for one, have experience running this same forum script (ran a forum about this size for 13 years, just shut it down this year) and I know there's others here who also have the experience, as well as there being a few active mods left. I'd be willing to take it over and move it to my servers, possibly with a new domain name and maybe a slightly changed name. Maybe play off on the whole zombie theme with an undead ZS forum.

It'd have to be self-supporting though, which means either paid accounts, ads, or donations and fundraisers. Maybe all three.

Anyway, it's all just meaningless speculation. There's been no announcement, nothing said by any admin, so the reality could be quite different.


Well that is a relief.

A friend and I were thinking if ZS ever goes down, we would start our own forum. Glad to know others are also interested in keeping things active.

So KJ, this would not be your charity giift to humanity? :mrgreen:

_________________
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:01 am 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Posts: 11347
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 574 times
I was thinking more of:

Image






I'd really like to see a sequel to that one BTW, it was a good flick.

_________________
"Big Thanks - I promise to advance your agenda within the secret and omnipotent councils of the Trilateral Commission"

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:10 am 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Posts: 7269
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 82 times
woodsghost wrote:
So KJ, this would not be your charity giift to humanity? :mrgreen:

Personally, I'd be willing to do it and cover the cost myself, but when I gave up the other forum I seriously downsized on my server plans and I'm not sure anything I have at the moment would handle the site. I'd need more info from the admins before I could give an answer. Upgrading my servers would be possible of course, but our current household budget wouldn't be able to cover it, so other financing for it would be needed.

_________________
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:04 am 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 2146
Has thanked: 1086 times
Been thanked: 302 times
Makes sense KJ.

I was just joking about the charity thing :)

_________________
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:23 am 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Posts: 7269
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 82 times
woodsghost wrote:
Makes sense KJ.

I was just joking about the charity thing :)

I'm not against it though, just not financially capable of it.

(sucks being medically incapacitated and forced to retire before you've saved enough to live on)

_________________
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group