'Thank' function disabled in certain subforums/situations?

If you have a question for members of the Zombie Squad bring it over here.

If this is a question specifically for an official authorized representative of Zombie Squad, Inc. your best bet will be to e-mail service@zombiehunters.org

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

'Thank' function disabled in certain subforums/situations?

Post by majorhavoc » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:36 am

Not a huge deal, but every once in a while I want to thank a particular post and find that the thumbs up icon is missing from that particular thread.

Most recently it's a thread in the Off-Topic discussion forum. Is this intentional, or is it maybe a issue with the way I'm connecting to the forums?

shrapnel
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Location: Aboard Baron von Counterculture's groovy purple dirigible, glaring down through a monocle.

Re: 'Thank' function disabled in certain subforums/situation

Post by shrapnel » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:58 am

It's on purpose. You can't thank in the Fiction section, either.
OTTB wrote:"What's that you're wearing?"
"This? Oh, just my rabies hat."
shrapnel wrote:Darling, I would never fondle your sphenoid.
Dr. Cox wrote: People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings.
JamesCannon wrote:Shrapnel, if you were a superhero, you'd be Captain Buzzkill Peener Pain.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:42 am

OK, thanks for clearing that up.

Shooting myself in the foot here, but you probably want to look at my "Been thanked" count then; a lot of them (OK, just about all) are for The Restless Dead in the Fiction section. It makes it look like I've made far more useful contributions than I actually have.

Every once in a great while I seem to have something intelligent to say, but not anywhere near 186 times. :clownshoes:

shrapnel
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Location: Aboard Baron von Counterculture's groovy purple dirigible, glaring down through a monocle.

Post by shrapnel » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:32 pm

That was why we removed the option for Fiction. There was just too much thanking going on and it was drowning out prep-related posts.
OTTB wrote:"What's that you're wearing?"
"This? Oh, just my rabies hat."
shrapnel wrote:Darling, I would never fondle your sphenoid.
Dr. Cox wrote: People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings.
JamesCannon wrote:Shrapnel, if you were a superhero, you'd be Captain Buzzkill Peener Pain.

Supervisor42

Post by Supervisor42 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:31 pm

majorhavoc wrote:Every once in a great while I seem to have something intelligent to say, but not anywhere near 186 times. :clownshoes:
Have #187 on me. Coming from a guy that actually owned a Major Havoc arcade machine.
Hated getting rid of it, but the location guy just wouldn't give it up. Traded me his Dig-Dug cocktail for it which everybody loves and women&kids find as addictive as "Candy-Crush". It still works.
But I digress. Thanks again for putting effort into making this world not so damn dull.
Embrace the next generation, give them a gun and teach them to shoot. They are our future.

Return to “Ask ZS”