Blue wire?

If you have a question for members of the Zombie Squad bring it over here.

If this is a question specifically for an official authorized representative of Zombie Squad, Inc. your best bet will be to e-mail service@zombiehunters.org

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

gun toting monkeyboy

Blue wire?

Post by gun toting monkeyboy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:46 pm

Can somebody please explain the whole "blue wire" thing? I have been here since 2009, and I still have no clue. Nor can I find anything with the search.

-Mb

sheddi
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later
Shaun of the Dead

Re: Blue wire?

Post by sheddi » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:00 pm

Here, try:
viewtopic.php?t=45947

... which links to several places, including:
viewtopic.php?t=7424

Note that ZS was a wilder place back then and some of the language is on the salty side.

I'm not entirely sure where the "phone cord" metastased into "blue wire" but IIRC it went via a "blue phone cord" intermediate step.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
Behave!

ZSC:010 - UK Chapter
My EDC / GHB (needs updating)
Foundation licence holder - Mike-Six-mumble-mumble-mumble.

gun toting monkeyboy

Post by gun toting monkeyboy » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:58 pm

So blue wire refers to something that is utterly stupid and Forrest Gumped together by somebody that thinks they have a clue?

Shiloh
Favorite Zombie Movies: -Zombieland
-Dead snow
-28 days/weeks/months later

Post by Shiloh » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:00 pm

Blue phone cord is the holiest of all materials on earth.
Amateur radio operator - KG7QEL

Tactical furry.

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:13 am

Thanks for this thread btw, I had come across the blue wire thing and wondered a little about it, heard a few explanations, but never seriously looked into the source of the meme. I just spent some time reading through some of the threads that spawned the meme and wow the laughs I got. Especially actually being a sword enthusiast and actually knowing a bit about swords (though I am no expert), including katana. So some of the comments for me were extra funny due to the complete lack of knowledge about swords by a commenter.

BTW, my SHTF sword is not a katana (though I do own a very nice Kissaki Moroha style one), but instead my sword choice is a modern Burmese Dha, the Hanwei Banshee. No phone cord wrap though, guess I need to add some if I want to survive.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Return to “Ask ZS”