FREE and EASY way to post photos with Imgur on ZS.

If you have a question for members of the Zombie Squad bring it over here.

If this is a question specifically for an official authorized representative of Zombie Squad, Inc. your best bet will be to e-mail service@zombiehunters.org

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

moab

FREE and EASY way to post photos with Imgur on ZS.

Post by moab » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:12 pm

(According to Halfapint this only works on computer. The phone app will not allow you to do this.) EDIT - If you select "Linked BB Code" instead of just "BBB Code". Everyone can click on the image and see it back from imgur at full size. That's a better option.

So Photobucket is dead. You used to be able to host images on Photobucket for free. And post them with two simple clicks. Well Photobucket got greedy. Started charging and using pop up ads. And killed itself. It's no longer really usable. Unless you pay a premium for it. And even then I think most people have long abandoned it.

So I switched to Imgur. But have always been bothered by having to resize every image to post in this forum. This forum has an 850 limit. Any image has to be smaller than 850 along it's largest side.

I just learned from NT2C how to quickly post photos to the forum with Imgur. And it's free. I use Imgur and the Imgur Chrome Extension - "Imgur Community Extension" to do this. This "how to" shows you how to use Imgur to post photos to this forum with 2 clicks and 2 selections. Just about as fast as Photobucket used to be.

So open a free www.imgur.com account. It's free and has no storage size limit. Or if it does it's ridiculously huge. Upload some photos either from your computer or online. Then when you open imgur and select one of your photos. A pop up comes up with your photo and several options on the right. (See image below. Note the selections in green.) In the bottom right corner is a box full of options. Select from these options first. I usually choose "large thumbnail" for this forum. As it gives a nice size - within limits but large enough to see detail. And then select the BBB code. And post it here. And they turn out pretty great. It's as simple as that.

(I also think that once you've selected "large thumbnail" that comes up as the default selection. I have not tested this. But that would bring the number of clicks down to 3. Anyway. Each time I return to a imgur image it automatically has the "large thumbnail" selected. And I think all you have to do is select "BBB code".)

*Also Imgur coupled with the imgur chrome extension allows you to simply right click on any photo online and you can automatically upload it to your imgur acct. I'm sure there are similar apps for other browsers. Mine is called "imgur community extension". And is for Google Chrome. But again, I'm sure there are imgur extensions like this for every browser. This allows you to right click on any photo online. And select from the drop down menu to upload the image to your imgur account. One click and it's uploaded into your imgur account. (A new window will come up with just the photo in it. Ignore that and close it. Go to your imgur tab or window and click on refresh or "control-R". And your new image will appear first.) Then all you have to do is select the image in your acct. Click on "large thumbnail" and then "BBB code". And simply paste that into your post. And presto. Your image is posted into your post. Wherever you place the cursor.

Resizing photos for this forum used to drive me crazy after using photobucket for so many years. I was having to resize every image manually in imgur (Which is a much longer process.) to get it to work on the forum. Until NT2C showed me that link to "large thumbnail". It's slick as hell. Cheap. And runs pretty much as sweet and quick as photobucket used to.

Checkout the selections in green in the image below. That's what you select. Hope this may help you or others. Looking for a way to post and host photos online for free. If anyone has a faster method please let me know. And I'll edit this.

Last edited by moab on Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: FREE and EASY way to post photos with Imgur on ZS.

Post by NT2C » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:38 pm

If you choose "Linked BB Code" it makes the image here clickable so someone could go and see the full-size image.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

moab

Post by moab » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:51 pm

NT2C wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:38 pm
If you choose "Linked BB Code" it makes the image here clickable so someone could go and see the full-size image.
I'll adjust accordingly. Thanks.

Does it set back up as automatically large thumbnail after you set it? I'm gonna test it. EDIT - it works. Once you've selected large thumbnail you don't have to hit it again.

"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:37 pm

Great write up! I'm hoping that they fix the mobile user interface to make it as user friendly as the desktop versions. Also thanks for NT2C for the original information.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Return to “Ask ZS”