ZS Challenge Coins?

If you have a question for members of the Zombie Squad bring it over here.

If this is a question specifically for an official authorized representative of Zombie Squad, Inc. your best bet will be to e-mail service@zombiehunters.org

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Gun_Nut_2k1

Post by Gun_Nut_2k1 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:10 pm

I'd go for one.
GN
Oneswunk wrote:Interesting idea, but I still prefer the feel of wood in my hands.
tarzan wrote:Not a sound argument for having wood, in my opinion.
Tommy Tran wrote:Before I drop hammer on a 'clear' SG I full finger both tubes!

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:40 pm

I wrote to 2 geocoin producers that I know, and asked them to price out a ZS coin:
I would like to get pricing information for a coin a group that I'm associated with might be interested in having made...

1.5"
1st side with ZS logo and the wording and url on the top and bottom of the coin in arcing letters
2nd side with the image of brian and the words "If you prepare for the worst" and "you're prepared for anything!" across the top and bottom of the coin in arcing letters
colors as shown

Can you work up some artwork of the coin as described, and price it out for 100, 300, 500, and 1000 coins?
I got back the first answer in a couple of hours:
Hi Jamie,

Thanks for you enquiry, we have included pricings for the number of
coins as you requested. These prices are for non-trackable coins, if
you would like trackable coins let me know and I will update your
quote.

Size:1.5" x 3.0mm
Quantity:100
Plating: standard (polished gold, nickel, copper or black nickel)
Die: 2D x 2D
Colors: standard (up to 4 per side)
Enamel: soft
U.S. shipping
Total: $347

Quantity:300
U.S. shipping
Total: $771

Quantity:500
U.S. shipping
Total: $1165

Quantity:1000
U.S. shipping
Total: $1990

Our quotes are valid for 30 days. UT residents please add sales tax.
We make our coins with a copper or bronze base metal, not zinc, to
ensure the highest quality.

If you would like to go ahead let me know and we can get the artwork
started. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks
I don't know if ZS is interested in this, but as getting information is free, I figured that I would talk to a couple of people that I know...the other place's prices will come in close to these prices

I used sample images of the ZS logo and the black on red brian, just to get them going on thinking about the artwork...

Now you know some prices for various numbers of coins produced...this should provide an informed basis for any further discussion anyone wishes to have...

nfa
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

Post by kyle » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:39 pm

Guys, we really appreciate your motivation for looking into this but we are going to have to ask you to please refrain from giving our company information to these vendors without our consent.

There are a number of reasons why this can become a problem. For one, it can be confusing to the vendor about who is the rightful owner of the intellectual property. They may thing they have permission to make samples and such, when they in fact do not. Please contact a board member and your proposal about things like this.
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:47 pm

Sorry that I overstepped...
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

mpi

Post by mpi » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:58 pm

so with all the members who have posted here it should be obvious that interest exists so why doesn't somebody who can, look into this?
Pennsylvania Firearm Owner's Association -
http://www.pafoa.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'
LtCol George Goodson, USMC (Ret)

michelle
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by michelle » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:02 pm

mpi wrote:so with all the members who have posted here it should be obvious that interest exists so why doesn't somebody who can, look into this?
1) A few members expressing interest does not necessarily justify an idea economically.

2) Just because the board has not posted a confirmation here does not mean that there are not discussions behind the scenes.
a deviant path is the only way
:sk

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:04 pm

I'd certainly pay $3.47 for one if we did a lot of 100, and of course the exponentially cheaper prices of larger lots.

Hell I'd buy a couple.

Maybe we could see who's interested, and if we get enough interest to cover the cost, then we could look into moving forward?
Nothing is ever what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

mpi

Post by mpi » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:06 pm

Michele; what you said was obvious and didn't answer any of my questions. no offense, but what was the point?

A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

michelle
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by michelle » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:10 pm

mpi, The point was that while we appreciate everyone's interest and efforts, the folks here need to be allowed some time to make a decision. Please be aware that we are discussing things, and when a decision is made we'll post it. Perhaps I misread your intent, but your original question seemed quite snippy and ignorant of the fact that there are several of us who need to make this decision, and many of us don't spend long amounts of time on the internet everyday. It will take a while before a decision is posted. After all, it took us a couple of years to make a decision about polos; with luck this won't be nearly as long. :)
a deviant path is the only way
:sk

Thorgrim

Post by Thorgrim » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:17 pm

I dont post much but i'd be in for a few after i sign up for membership...

mpi

Post by mpi » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:37 pm

that's why i said "no offense" i only meant that your response was not informational in nature. I'm not sure why you thought my post was "snippy", it wasn't, just curious as i have seen other forums do quite nice challenge coins. i am not ignorant of the process at all, being involved in the process elsewhere.

Gundown
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Grumpy Old Men

Post by Gundown » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:54 pm

I demand a coin...

I can think of no challenge that I've met to deserve one but I still demand one be issued to me.

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:18 pm

GunDown wrote:I demand a coin...

I can think of no challenge that I've met to deserve one but I still demand one be issued to me.
Here's a challenge:

Try to get through the day without being a jerk.

:x

No fair knocking yourself into an alcohol coma either. :D
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

mpi

Post by mpi » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:31 pm

issued? a coin or a challenge?

half elf

Post by half elf » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:31 pm

I don't know how to get by the difficulty of trust. Who will send money to a stranger hoping to receive a coin, and who will take on the financial burden of ordering them, hoping to sell them as a at least break even.
I know that we spent as a unit 2200$, and my CO paid up front but we will be selling the coins as a unit fund raiser for 10$ apiece.
The Dog That Bites The Hand That Feeds It, Will Also Lick The Boot That Kicks It

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:35 pm

half elf wrote:I don't know how to get by the difficulty of trust. Who will send money to a stranger hoping to receive a coin, and who will take on the financial burden of ordering them, hoping to sell them as a at least break even.
I know that we spent as a unit 2200$, and my CO paid up front but we will be selling the coins as a unit fund raiser for 10$ apiece.
Well if you've already sent 15$ to ZS for membership, (as several thousand people likely have done) or purchased anything from their store, I'd say its probably safe to send them $3.47 or less for a challenge coin.

I don't know how you get by the difficulty of prioritizing your concerns.
Nothing is ever what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

Erik

Post by Erik » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:48 pm

I would definately be willing to drop a little $dough$ for a challenge coin.

-Erik

Ben

Post by Ben » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:51 pm

I still have a coin tucked in my wallet. I would buy a ZS coin as long as it was under $10.

I know that is over the prices listed above but I expect ZS to make a profit in this.
Gregoriev wrote:I'm not shooting you down for stupidity, but this is like saying "In case of zombies I'll just build my own rocket to mars! blastoff wooohooo!!!! no more zombie! lolz!"

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

Post by kyle » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:53 pm

half elf wrote:I don't know how to get by the difficulty of trust. Who will send money to a stranger hoping to receive a coin, and who will take on the financial burden of ordering them, hoping to sell them as a at least break even.
Zombie Squad, Inc has a long history of trustworthy service.

If you have ever had (or heard of) any sort of poor financial business practices from anyone at Zombie Squad that would cause you to question the legitimacy of our company's trust, feel free to contact us and we can try and clear that up. We're very easy to get a hold of.

ZOMBIE SQUAD
P.O. BOX 63124
ST. LOUIS, MO. 63163

service@zombiehunters.org

1-888-495-4052

We wouldn't be able to enjoy the outstanding relationships we have with ZS members and with the businesses and charitable organizations that we work with if we screwed people over.
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:52 pm

If you can't trust the ZS web store who can you trust?
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

mpi

Post by mpi » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:13 pm

i got no trust problems, after all this is the internet for pete's sake.

Toad704D
Favorite Zombie Movies: Ugh. I do the movies for Zcon every year. It changes so often.

Post by Toad704D » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:53 pm

This is probably going to sound lame, but how about an "actual" challenge to earn the coin? (Which, by the way, I'd buy at least 2 cuzz I lose stuff.) Try actually surviving 3 days using only your BOB, Survive Zombie Con, or like, membership perks. Bronze for 1 year, Silver for 5, Gold for 10 (yikes) and for 20 years you get an actual coin that has traveled through Gundown's bowels!

I'm not sure how great of an idea a custom coin really is, I'm just nuts for anything that has a ZS logo on it.
ZSC-001 Chapter Secretary
ZCon Entertainment coordinator
ZCon On-Site security
I survived Zombie Con 2007, and 2008
I survived Wintergheddon 2009
I survived Zombie Con 2009, I won the pistol match too! 8)
I survived Zombie Con '10,'11,'12,'13 (I'm kind of a badass.)

Torch
Favorite Zombie Movies: Wild Zero, Shaun of the Dead, All the old and new Romeros, Anything with Bruce Campbell, and various low-budget B-movies.

Post by Torch » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:13 pm

alternately, if they're $3.47 a coin, why not make yearly membership $20 instead (or even $25). You get a coin with it, and our fearless leaders just made another $1.53 profit.
ImageImage
Always aim for the brain!

Erik

Post by Erik » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:47 pm

I considered suggesting that, as it would be nice for all members to have one of these coins. However, $20 and especially $25 is upping the membership cost as a whole big time.

-Erik

Return to “Ask ZS”