ZS Challenge Coins?

If you have a question for members of the Zombie Squad bring it over here.

If this is a question specifically for an official authorized representative of Zombie Squad, Inc. your best bet will be to e-mail service@zombiehunters.org

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Firedan
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead 04, Shaun of the Dead, I am Legend

ZS Challenge Coins?

Post by Firedan » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:11 am

I can't remember if I asked this question already. I searched and got nothing back. Feel free to verbally slapjack me if I started this topic already and didn't even remember, but is there any chance ZS will issue a challenge coin, (for purchase through the ZS webstore), for members of the forum? I thought it would be a cool idea. I know we are not a paramilitary organization for practical and realistic reasons, but the challenge coin isn't just a military thing anymore. I got mine from the police academy I graduated from. I also got one from the NRA and one from Galls, a public saftey supply catalog company I buy lots of stuff from.

If you search on the web you'll find lots of coin companies that will custom cast a couple hundred coins for reasonable prices.

What do you guys think and did I ask this already?
Regards,

Dan

Tomcat1066

Post by Tomcat1066 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:57 am

I don't know if you asked already, but I think it's a kick ass idea!

I'd totally be down for a ZS challenge coin!

Tom
And the general consensus of who I am?
Doctor Z. wrote: D. Tomcat ends up drinking some form of frothy, fermented, adult beverage from Lordrahl’s skull.
:twisted:
I like it :mrgreen:

zXzGrifterzXz
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Romero movies, The Stink of Flesh, Seige of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days later, The remakes of Night and Dawn.

Post by zXzGrifterzXz » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:07 am

I really like this idea aswell.
-NREMT-P
-NFPA 1006 Rescue Technician
-HAZMAT Technician

My Aid Bag
*Standard medical disclaimer applies to all of my posts, YMMV, Always check CNS before and after, never let the new guy drive, don't attempt anything you read here without proper supervision..... Blah Blah Blah*

Firedan
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead 04, Shaun of the Dead, I am Legend

Post by Firedan » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:36 pm

Oh good, positive feedback.

I just did a real quick google search and found this store in one hit:

http://www.challengecoinusa.com/index.html

For all you guys that get together at ZCon, etc.... A ZS challenge coin would certainly settle a lot of, "whose buying this round", disputes....... ;)
Regards,

Dan

Firedan

Post by Firedan » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:17 pm

Bitmap Paintbrush is still so much fun:

Just a rough idea. I know so many colors aren't practical because of the cost but you get the idea.
Regards,

Dan

Firedan

Post by Firedan » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:11 am

Okay, I know that my bitmap was really lame but is that why no one else has said anything about this topic?

I thought it was a good idea. Maybe I'm taking it for granted, but everybody knows what a challenge coin is right?
Regards,

Dan

Brash
Favorite Zombie Movies: NOTLD, Dawn of the Dead (Original), Shaun of the Dead, Wild Zero, Special Dead.

Post by Brash » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:15 am

*Cough*

*Tumbleweed*

Gunny

Post by Gunny » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:23 am

How did I miss this? I'd be down for 2

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

Post by kyle » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:36 am

Firedan wrote:Okay, I know that my bitmap was really lame but is that why no one else has said anything about this topic?

I thought it was a good idea. Maybe I'm taking it for granted, but everybody knows what a challenge coin is right?
After looking it up on Wikipedia. :)

If there is a big enough interest I can prolly figure something out but I have a feeling there won't be a big demand for them so they'll end up costing too much right now. Maybe in the future we can offer them to ZS members who get a 5-10 year membership or something.
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

Firedan

My bad

Post by Firedan » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:06 pm

Well the challenge coin is a military tradition that police agnecies and now civilian clubs and organizations have also adopted.

When you graduated a class in the military, hypothetically, Marine graduating class 12, let's say, you were issued a coin bearing the unit logo and motto, stuff like that. I got one with my acedmy logo on it when I graduated the police academy. I was also mailed one from the NRA, (I'm a member). The third one I got was from Galls.com because I order so much equipment from them.

Military tradition demands that you always carry your coin on you to prove you are truly a member of the group you claim to be a part of. The coin check is when you are in a room full of buddies who all claim to be military, cops, members of slippers anonymous, *whatever* and you drop your coin on the table. Everybody has to drop their coins on the table too. The guy or girl that doesn't have his coin has to buy a round of drinks for everybody. If everybody has their coin, the guy that issued the challenge has to buy a round.

It is a team and unit cohesion kind of thing. The members of this forum get together quite a bit, and I thought this would be a neat tradition to get started.

Sorry about the cliff hanger post above, I meant to explain it but got a phone call. When I came back to update, you guys had already come and gone. Thanks for the feedback.
Regards,

Dan

Bear_B

Post by Bear_B » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:46 pm

I'd be in for a couple, or maybe more.

Kitsune
Favorite Zombie Movies: Romero's Dawn, Dawn remake, Shaun, Romero's Night, 28 Days later.

Post by Kitsune » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:24 pm

I think that would be cool, I have two coins, one from a Luitenant Colonel, and one from a General ^^

-Kit

nivek

Post by nivek » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:28 pm

Bump so I remember to try to etch the zombie silhouette on a tag. The coins sound neat. I can stamp and laser mark metal, which is not as cool, but cheaper.
Zombies can't conjugate, punctuate or, umm... irrigate?

Read or Die Retake Olivey Library, Barrville, Malton - 18/04/06

Shmerlin

Post by Shmerlin » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:32 pm

I'm in.

also be nice to have these, to go with the zs tag's we go from zcon & katrina and what not, tags would be free, coins... you'd have too buy, or something along these lines.
Dinner Adventures, My restuarant review blog.

OneManArmy

Post by OneManArmy » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:08 pm

That'd be sweet.

the_klenzer

Post by the_klenzer » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:30 am

I'd never heard of a challenge coin before!
"Klenzer, you have to be one of the only guys I know of that goes to the Arctic and somehow manages to get lapdances." - redhotkat
Vicarious_Lee wrote:This guide is created to help you get a spoon and eat my ass:
First: Get a spoon.
Second: Eat my ass.

Dirty Irish
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Return of the Living Dead (all of them), Shaun of the Dead, Fido, Zombieland, Zombie Strippers, Dance of the Dead, among others...

Post by Dirty Irish » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:45 pm

Anymore info on this possibly happening?

TheFreakinBear
Favorite Zombie Movies: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trilogy, Boondock Saints, 300, Snatch, Ghostbusters, Ice Age.

Post by TheFreakinBear » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:15 pm

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImage

Indiana

Post by Indiana » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:18 pm

TheFreakinBear wrote:I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your just a little kid aren't you TFB? :D

HurricaneDad
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by HurricaneDad » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:52 am

TheFreakinBear wrote:I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want two!

I also want ZS dog tag.
dani monster wrote:"Mom you do know that zombies aren't real, right?" "...You get Santa and the Easter Bunny. I get zombies. Eat your damned trail mix."
Standard disclaimer applies.

half elf

Post by half elf » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:47 am

I have bad news, I am designing the "Squadron Coin" for my AF unit, and the die cutting is $250, if you order 300 or more coins making them about 7$ apiece in a 300 or more bulk order, and the fees must be paid prior to making the die.
The Dog That Bites The Hand That Feeds It, Will Also Lick The Boot That Kicks It

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:58 am

I had an "NFA" coin made a couple of years ago, and have lots of geocaching friends who have done the same...I think that it's a great idea, and i would be down for 5 ZS coins...

nfa
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

Tetra Grammaton Cleric
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Tetra Grammaton Cleric » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:25 am

Father of the Year Award to the Adirondacks, New York.
Repeat: Paging the Father of the Year Award to the Adirondacks, New York.
-
"I shoot the dead." - Harlen Maguire, The Road to Perdition.

FAK SURVIVOR GARDEN
Hk33k - in memorium.
-

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:47 am

check out http://personalgeocoins.com/ and http://www.oakcoins.com/ for pricing and details...I used the former, and have lots of friends who have used the latter...

nfa
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

Return to “Ask ZS”