Anonymous Memberships?

If you have a question for members of the Zombie Squad bring it over here.

If this is a question specifically for an official authorized representative of Zombie Squad, Inc. your best bet will be to e-mail service@zombiehunters.org

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

raistlin
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Favorite Movie: 28 Days Later. Recent Favorite book series: The Remaining by D.J. Molles.

Anonymous Memberships?

Post by raistlin » Fri May 01, 2015 1:57 pm

I'd like to purchase a membership to help support the website and the work that you do, but I prefer to be anonymous and have my membership only linked to my username. I realize that by using PayPal, you can find out more about me. I just prefer not to have my name on a list. It has to do with the fact that where I work is very un-prepper friendly in attitudes of colleagues (they don't know I'm a prepper), and I don't want to take the risk that they might find out somehow, someway.

If you are uncomfortable with having anonymous members, I would happy to provide my identity to an administrator/moderator to show who I am as a real person. Just don't want to be on a list.
"This is really every father's dream. Watching his son launch a ballistic missile on his own position."

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later. Dawn of the Dead (both versions). Return of the Living Dead. Shaun of the Dead. Dead Alive.

Re: Anonymous Memberships?

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Fri May 01, 2015 3:28 pm

You can always lie about your real name on the membership form. It's not like we background check you or anything :)

I'm guessing you'd want the virtual membership (online only, no membership card) so you don't have to worry about giving us your mailing address, too. All we'd need is your PayPal information and an email address (one of which we already have).

FWIW, members are stored in a database on our server. The only people with access to that information are the board of directors (5 of us), website admins (2 not including board members), and membership volunteers (2, not including board members). All of the board members and volunteers are under non-disclosure agreements regarding everyone's personal information. I'm not even allowed to look up an email address of a member I want to get in contact with.
I survived Zombie Con 2011: Full Spectrum Pain
I survived Zombie Con 2012: Our word is "douchebag"
I survived Zombie Con 2014: <Insert inappropriate website here>

raistlin
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Favorite Movie: 28 Days Later. Recent Favorite book series: The Remaining by D.J. Molles.

Post by raistlin » Fri May 01, 2015 6:08 pm

Thanks. Works for me. :)

I don't mind putting my name in, but I"ll leave my address information blank.
"This is really every father's dream. Watching his son launch a ballistic missile on his own position."

raistlin
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by raistlin » Fri May 01, 2015 6:15 pm

Since I didn't need the badge, on the PayPal checkout I selected quantity 2 instead of just 1. Let the extra $10 be an additional donation.

Speaking of which, I was surprised that that there was not a donate option on the home page that I could find.

cv66er
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Being originally from Butler County in Pennsylvania...

Post by cv66er » Fri May 01, 2015 6:25 pm

It's under the Zombie Squad store. Right now there's a donation for a specific cause (Nepal Earthquake) and a general donations link.

Phoenix David
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: I am legend, Omega man

Post by Phoenix David » Fri May 01, 2015 7:14 pm

Raistlin I'm not sure why you are trying to hide but there is a very detailed Wikipedia page on you.

I know for a fact that we have talked about you in my office before, matter of fact I have some very detailed papers abut you, your physical attributes, saving roles, your EDC and BOBOH. :D
Nobody ever wishes they brought a smaller gun to a gun fight

raistlin
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by raistlin » Fri May 01, 2015 7:53 pm

cv66er wrote:It's under the Zombie Squad store. Right now there's a donation for a specific cause (Nepal Earthquake) and a general donations link.
Thanks! :)
Phoenix David wrote:Raistlin I'm not sure why you are trying to hide but there is a very detailed Wikipedia page on you.

I know for a fact that we have talked about you in my office before, matter of fact I have some very detailed papers abut you, your physical attributes, saving roles, your EDC and BOBOH. :D
ROFL

I guess my OPSEC is blown!!!

Return to “Ask ZS”