It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anonymous Memberships?
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 1:57 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I'd like to purchase a membership to help support the website and the work that you do, but I prefer to be anonymous and have my membership only linked to my username. I realize that by using PayPal, you can find out more about me. I just prefer not to have my name on a list. It has to do with the fact that where I work is very un-prepper friendly in attitudes of colleagues (they don't know I'm a prepper), and I don't want to take the risk that they might find out somehow, someway.

If you are uncomfortable with having anonymous members, I would happy to provide my identity to an administrator/moderator to show who I am as a real person. Just don't want to be on a list.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:28 pm 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

You can always lie about your real name on the membership form. It's not like we background check you or anything :)

I'm guessing you'd want the virtual membership (online only, no membership card) so you don't have to worry about giving us your mailing address, too. All we'd need is your PayPal information and an email address (one of which we already have).

FWIW, members are stored in a database on our server. The only people with access to that information are the board of directors (5 of us), website admins (2 not including board members), and membership volunteers (2, not including board members). All of the board members and volunteers are under non-disclosure agreements regarding everyone's personal information. I'm not even allowed to look up an email address of a member I want to get in contact with.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 6:08 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Thanks. Works for me. :)

I don't mind putting my name in, but I"ll leave my address information blank.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 6:15 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Since I didn't need the badge, on the PayPal checkout I selected quantity 2 instead of just 1. Let the extra $10 be an additional donation.

Speaking of which, I was surprised that that there was not a donate option on the home page that I could find.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 6:25 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

It's under the Zombie Squad store. Right now there's a donation for a specific cause (Nepal Earthquake) and a general donations link.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 7:14 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Raistlin I'm not sure why you are trying to hide but there is a very detailed Wikipedia page on you.

I know for a fact that we have talked about you in my office before, matter of fact I have some very detailed papers abut you, your physical attributes, saving roles, your EDC and BOBOH. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 7:53 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

cv66er wrote:
It's under the Zombie Squad store. Right now there's a donation for a specific cause (Nepal Earthquake) and a general donations link.

Thanks! :)

Phoenix David wrote:
Raistlin I'm not sure why you are trying to hide but there is a very detailed Wikipedia page on you.

I know for a fact that we have talked about you in my office before, matter of fact I have some very detailed papers abut you, your physical attributes, saving roles, your EDC and BOBOH. :D

ROFL

I guess my OPSEC is blown!!!