Where did 'New posts' link go?

If you have a question for members of the Zombie Squad bring it over here.

If this is a question specifically for an official authorized representative of Zombie Squad, Inc. your best bet will be to e-mail service@zombiehunters.org

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Aaaaaa Zombies, 28 Days Later

Re: Where did 'New posts' link go?

Post by Beowolf » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:46 pm

crypto wrote:But yall picked the themes, not us.
And y'all are responsible for maintaining them, not us. If that isn't going to happen, cool. Nixing the snark would be nice.
The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. Until the time comes. The way is shut.
-
Keeper of the ZS Fleet Number thread.
ZS Wiki

Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Aaaaaa Zombies, 28 Days Later

Post by Beowolf » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:48 pm

The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. Until the time comes. The way is shut.
-
Keeper of the ZS Fleet Number thread.
ZS Wiki

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:40 pm

Beowolf wrote:
crypto wrote:But yall picked the themes, not us.
And y'all are responsible for maintaining them, not us. If that isn't going to happen, cool. Nixing the snark would be nice.
It wasnt snark. If I was being snarky, I would told you that all of the custom themes look stupid and require too much support, and we should have just had one theme and given it to everyone.

If I was being snarky I'd have told you to use the bug report thread for this instead of opening up another thread, and asked this one to be closed.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:44 pm

Beowolf wrote:New posts is gone on Bl@ck, too. Is that now 'unsupported', too?
We'll look into it. If the display style is as much as a nightmare as softwood apparently is and if its been abandoned for the last 4 years like softwood has, we may get rid of it or mark it deprecated. There's only 26 people using Bl@ck, and you're the first one to bring it to our attention.

Thank you for your bug report. In the future, please use the dedicated Bug Report Announcement that has been global stickied for this purpose.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

SCBrian

Post by SCBrian » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:07 pm

How'd we go from this
crypto wrote: I set KJ4VOV and shrapnel on this task because I didnt want to just pick some that I liked in a vacuum, I figured it would be better if we decided on some as a group.

to this?

crypto wrote: ...But yall picked the themes, not us.
I tilt at Windmills
BattleVersion wrote:For my Family?...Burn down the world, sure... But, I'm also willing to carry it on my shoulders.
raptor wrote:...I am allergic to bullets;I break out in blood.
jnathan wrote:... you can choke on my Hebrew National.

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:13 pm

when we got to the part where some themes stopped working with PHPBB, and had red warnings on their module page when we went to update them. :(
MF'N TEAM LEADER

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later. Dawn of the Dead (both versions). Return of the Living Dead. Shaun of the Dead. Dead Alive.

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:28 pm

So, here's the deal.

Users complained about the themes options. We let users vote on the themes they wanted. At the time, those themes were supported by the phpBB community and were compatible with our version of phpBB.

As of the last phpBB update (which had several crucial security updates) none of those themes voted for are supported by phpBB or its community. None of those themes have been updated in at least a year.

The three of us than handle the day to day operations of this forum spent time making them work anyway. We've now hit a point where features we (and the users want) have completely broken those themes. I have personally spent at least 20 hours trying to get those outdated, unsupported themes working so everyone could have the best of both worlds.

At this point, you're going to either need to use the workarounds listed or pick a different theme, because the in supported themes fucking suck.

It's not the end of the world. Rub some dirt in it and walk it off.
I survived Zombie Con 2011: Full Spectrum Pain
I survived Zombie Con 2012: Our word is "douchebag"
I survived Zombie Con 2014: <Insert inappropriate website here>

Return to “Ask ZS”