Bug Report Thread

If you have a question for members of the Zombie Squad bring it over here.

If this is a question specifically for an official authorized representative of Zombie Squad, Inc. your best bet will be to e-mail service@zombiehunters.org

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later. Dawn of the Dead (both versions). Return of the Living Dead. Shaun of the Dead. Dead Alive.

Bug Report Thread

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:59 pm

Last update 2014-03-27 14:46 PDT

Good news, everyone!

ZS is migrating to a new server!

The bad news is that we're going to have some downtime during the migration.

The first instance is going to be at 2200 (10PM) CDT tonight, 2014-03-19. Down time should be around 15-20 minutes.

The next instance is yet to be determined, but will probably be some time this weekend.

We will be down for 24 hours while we migrate servers starting at 2200 CDT Friday, 28 March.
I survived Zombie Con 2011: Full Spectrum Pain
I survived Zombie Con 2012: Our word is "douchebag"
I survived Zombie Con 2014: <Insert inappropriate website here>

Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Aaaaaa Zombies, 28 Days Later

Re: Scheduled Downtime for Maintenance

Post by Beowolf » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:14 pm

What are the implications for this new server? Are things going to change, or is this a preventive maintenance thing?

Just curious. :)
The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. Until the time comes. The way is shut.
-
Keeper of the ZS Fleet Number thread.
ZS Wiki

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:48 pm

Bigger Faster Stronger hardware, OS upgrade, some much needed behind-the-scenes forum software updates, and prep work for a new ZS site.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later. Dawn of the Dead (both versions). Return of the Living Dead. Shaun of the Dead. Dead Alive.

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:49 pm

Bump. We're going down for 24 hours tomorrow night.

Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by Beowolf » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:57 pm

Oh.
My.
God.

:shock:
The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. Until the time comes. The way is shut.
-
ZS Wiki

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:20 pm

*gulp*

it's the ZPAW :shock:

ImageImage
Last edited by NT2C on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:35 pm

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 44&t=19895

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:29 pm

Dont worry, we have a comprehensive test and implementation strategy along with multiple backout points throughout the process.

If everything goes according to plan, the outage won't be nearly 24 hours. The forums will be locked at 2200CDT, and when you see them unlocked, the migration is over. We hope that the biggest time waster here is the time it takes DNS changes to propagate across the internet.

One thing I will tell everyone in advance though: Clear all your ZS cookies friday night. Don't just click the 'delete board cookies' on the forum login screen, go into your browser settings and delete all cookies that have zombiehunters.org in the name.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:46 am

And, we're back! Early!

We still reserve the right to perform emergency maintenance in the original 24 hour window.

If you run into any issues, report them in this thread and we'll evaluate your reports and possibly take things down for a few hours next weekend to fix them.

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:48 am

Okay, we're live on the new server now.

As some of you have noticed, everyone is on a default display style because no one wanted to do the manual DB munging to restore your settings. so, everyone is on subsilver2, I'm sorry for that.

But we have a bunch of new display styles to pick from.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

Tater Raider

Re: Migration Complete (Bug Report Thread)

Post by Tater Raider » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:09 am

Server does not allow me to remain logged in when I close window. :words:

gundogs

Post by gundogs » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:24 am

When opening thread "Elitist problems" it includes thread titles "original Ray ban" & "Herve Leger"

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:29 am

crypto wrote:Okay, we're live on the new server now.

As some of you have noticed, everyone is on a default display style because no one wanted to do the manual DB munging to restore your settings. so, everyone is on subsilver2, I'm sorry for that.

But we have a bunch of new display styles to pick from.
One small issue is that the new default and the previous default, both called subsilver2, are very different from each other. Can we bring the subsilver2 from the old box over to here so I can take off my sunglasses?

Because, when you're expecting a bunny and you get this, it kinda throws you off...

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:23 am

Negative, but we might be able to recreate it. Modifying stock themes makes it a royal pain to do phpBB upgrades.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:31 am

Maybe I'm missing it, but how do we flag posts now? There used to be a ! inside a triangle icon but I'm not seeing that anymore. That's generally how I report spam, and there certainly was a lot of it this morning.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:45 am

majorhavoc wrote:Maybe I'm missing it, but how do we flag posts now? There used to be a ! inside a triangle icon but I'm not seeing that anymore. That's generally how I report spam, and there certainly was a lot of it this morning.
That's going to change with each different style and, unfortunately, not every style has every function. You're using Dirty Board 2.0 which does not have that button. (Not all that difficult to add if someone wanted to go in and modify the style, though I'd suggest that contacting the style author and requesting the addition would be a better way to do it.)

ETA: and if it does get added then it really, really should be as a biohazard symbol. :mrgreen:

DarkAxel
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Evil Dead Series, Dawn of the Dead, Shawn of the Dead, NOTLD, Resident Evil Series

Post by DarkAxel » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:54 am

RE Report Post:

The report post button is only showing up in certain threads (like this one). Others not so much. I'm using the subsilver2 theme.

ETA: Been trying to report spam from user Stanleypt and can't.
Last edited by DarkAxel on Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
vyadmirer wrote:Call me the paranoid type, but remember I'm on a post apocalyptic website prepared for zombies.
Fleet #: ZS 0180

Browncoat

Imma Fudd, and proud of it.

ZS Wiki

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:02 am

Tater Raider wrote:Server does not allow me to remain logged in when I close window. :words:
Tater, go into your browser settings and clear out every zombiehunters.org cookie you have, then try again.

And, just to cover the bases, if you're using any cookie management software for your computer or browser, make sure to allow zombie squad to set cookies.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:17 am

crypto wrote:
Tater Raider wrote:Server does not allow me to remain logged in when I close window. :words:
Tater, go into your browser settings and clear out every zombiehunters.org cookie you have, then try again.

And, just to cover the bases, if you're using any cookie management software for your computer or browser, make sure to allow zombie squad to set cookies.
Doesn't help. I've been having the same issue and the first thing I did was flush cookies and data from the cache, then reboot. SIt still happens. If I leave the site and then come back I need to login, every time.

ETA: Just realized why. You have session IDs turned on and anything that causes a new session ID to be generated is going to force a new login. So using a favorites link will do it, closing the window will do it, having a non-static IP address will do it (some ISPs are notorious for switching IPs at random times), even changing windows in your browser can do it. My way of solving the problem on my own forums was to just disable session IDs. Is it a little less secure? Yeah, but it's not like I run a high security banking site either. :lol:

Up to the admins here how you want to handle it. (And if you find a different solution that works I'd love to hear about it)

Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by Beowolf » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:48 pm

I'm guessing the spam catcher doesn't work so well yet...
-
ZS Wiki

wee drop o' bush
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Set
Zombieland
TV show: The Walking Dead
Game: Plants vs Zombies

Post by wee drop o' bush » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:52 pm

Has anyone any idea how to delete ZS cookies on an iPad? I've done my PC but I haven't a clue regarding that evil thing :gonk:
Mr. E. Monkey wrote: Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat. Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat.
airballrad wrote: All hail Wee Drop, the Angel of Quittin' Time. :D
wee drop's Sheep Farming thread

Raptor 6
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by Raptor 6 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:28 pm

wee drop o' bush wrote:Has anyone any idea how to delete ZS cookies on an iPad? I've done my PC but I haven't a clue regarding that evil thing :gonk:
Go to settings, then to safari, scroll down until you see a button labeled clear cookies, click it, ?????, profit.
ZSC:020 Chapter Officer
I won ZCON 2012
Whiskey Medic

wee drop o' bush
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Set
Zombieland
TV show: The Walking Dead
Game: Plants vs Zombies

Post by wee drop o' bush » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:00 pm

Raptor 6 wrote:
wee drop o' bush wrote:Has anyone any idea how to delete ZS cookies on an iPad? I've done my PC but I haven't a clue regarding that evil thing :gonk:
Go to settings, then to safari, scroll down until you see a button labeled clear cookies, click it, ?????, profit.
Awesome!!! Thanks :clownshoes:
Mr. E. Monkey wrote: Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat. Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat.
airballrad wrote: All hail Wee Drop, the Angel of Quittin' Time. :D
wee drop's Sheep Farming thread

shrapnel
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Location: Aboard Baron von Counterculture's groovy purple dirigible, glaring down through a monocle.

Post by shrapnel » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:30 pm

I'm on a computer that has, to my knowledge, never been used to visit ZS before, on an account where cookies and data and whatnot get flushed every time you log on. Or something. School user accounts and it's a fresh start every time you log on to a school computer with your account. The point is, I get logged out of the forums every time I do pretty much anything. Like administrate users, which is ironic because (this is normal) I have to enter my password just to get to that section. Now I have to enter it again to get back to the forum proper. And on my home computer, with all cookies and everything wiped, I have to log on twice in a row to get it to stick. It's a pain in the ass.
OTTB wrote:"What's that you're wearing?"
"This? Oh, just my rabies hat."
shrapnel wrote:Darling, I would never fondle your sphenoid.
Dr. Cox wrote: People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings.
JamesCannon wrote:Shrapnel, if you were a superhero, you'd be Captain Buzzkill Peener Pain.

Return to “Ask ZS”