I need suggestions for a Zombie-themed disaster prep fa

If you have a question for members of the Zombie Squad bring it over here.

If this is a question specifically for an official authorized representative of Zombie Squad, Inc. your best bet will be to e-mail service@zombiehunters.org

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Kevin108

I need suggestions for a Zombie-themed disaster prep fa

Post by Kevin108 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:59 pm

Zombies and preparedness - where have I heard that idea before?

First, a little background: My local CERT group and Lowe's Home Improvement store just teamed up last week for the 2nd annual Disaster Readiness Fair. We had a local Thrive Life vendor dishing up samples of freeze dried food. Employees from Lowe's gave demonstrations for chainsaw safety, along with generator and pump use. Additional stations were setup for learning CPR, prepping with pets, how to use a fire extinguisher and how to turn off household utilities. Pics should be public at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 809&type=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It was a 4-hour event with around 100 visitors an hour with 15% of them going through at least 6 of our stations to qualify for an entry-level BOB with gloves, a flashlight, a FAK, a dust mask and other goodies.

For what and where it was, it was a real success and we're all looking for the opportunity to expand on that. We've started planning another event this fall. It will be a zombie-themed prepping/safety fair with the idea being that if you're prepared for the zombie apocalypse, you're prepared for anything. One of the first things we want to add is a basic quasi-moulage course that translates into zombie make-up. Since we are working with Lowe's, showcasing any products that can be purchased in their store is a fine gesture although I've spoken to the manager at length and to him this truly is about helping people be safe and prepared for natural disasters and other events.

As this progresses, I would love to be able to reach out to my local ZS:046 guys but in my position it's not my call whether or not to involve another group directly. In the mean time, I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions of zombie-themed anything we might add to our event. What do you say?

Return to “Ask ZS”