Have any U.S. military ZSers deployed in Colombia?

If you have a question for members of the Zombie Squad bring it over here.

If this is a question specifically for an official authorized representative of Zombie Squad, Inc. your best bet will be to e-mail service@zombiehunters.org

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Have any U.S. military ZSers deployed in Colombia?

Post by dogbane » Tue May 14, 2013 2:43 pm

I'm working on a zombie novel (which you can read in the Fiction forum) and one of my principal characters has a backstory of doing counternarcotics/counterinsurgency in Colombia. I don't need to become an expert on the subject, but I'd like to fill in some history for the character (who is a Native American woman from Alabama). If anyone has some insights or details they'd like to share that I can work into the character's story, please post here or send me a PM if you are so inclined.

Much appreciated.
Mostly not here anymore.

dogbane

Re: Have any U.S. military ZSers deployed in Colombia?

Post by dogbane » Tue May 14, 2013 6:31 pm

To elaborate, and to quote a PM I just sent:
I'd like to know--within reason--what units were there, what kinds of duties were performed--for example, did the Colombian Army do most of the logistics. I know of some PsyOps units out of Bragg that have operated there. I don't intend to write action taking place there, only fill in T's back story and give a reason why she's competent in firearms and other combat skills. I wanted her in Latin America rather than the Mideast.

Thanks for anything you can give me. I'm doing some research, too, but I don't want the details to be too "textbook."
This also raises the question of the role of women serving in this context and whether there were any there. If anyone can shed light on that, I would appreciate it.
Mostly not here anymore.

dogbane

Re: Have any U.S. military ZSers deployed in Colombia?

Post by dogbane » Tue May 14, 2013 7:52 pm

I appreciate the PM responses. Thanks, gentlemen. :)
Mostly not here anymore.

Return to “Ask ZS”