"foe" list suggestion & question

If you have a question for members of the Zombie Squad bring it over here.

If this is a question specifically for an official authorized representative of Zombie Squad, Inc. your best bet will be to e-mail service@zombiehunters.org

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Honeypot
Favorite Zombie Movies: Serenity

"foe" list suggestion & question

Post by Honeypot » Sat May 04, 2013 2:13 am

Suggestion:
"foe" is a rather strong term.

How about changing it to "Ignore"?
That more accurately describes its purpose and function.
It suggests a gentler (yet still firm), rather than aggressive attitude to the Ignored individual.

Often, when "prickliness" occurs, the foe list is mentioned. It might be more intuitive/welcome if its name reflects its purpose. :)

Question:
Why are some individuals excluded from being added to the foe/ignore list?

Specifically, the error message is:
You cannot add administrators and moderators to your foes list.
Note that the individual I was trying to add, does not have either admin or mod listed in their Profile.
Though I see no downside to being able to add anybody to one's foe/ignore list.

If any of the Mods is a member of a major distributed Killfile org, they can look up ZS and see detailed discussions about this particular "feature"/bug. :(
Pro : cake & pie, Kaywinnet Lee Frye's response to the Apocalypse
Anti: rage trolls, nanny squad, oaf & bigot squad, PAW boys, spammersImage

shrapnel
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Location: Aboard Baron von Counterculture's groovy purple dirigible, glaring down through a monocle.

Re: "foe" list suggestion & question

Post by shrapnel » Sat May 04, 2013 7:55 am

Chapter moderators/officers count as people you cannot foe. Perhaps that is.the issue.
OTTB wrote:"What's that you're wearing?"
"This? Oh, just my rabies hat."
shrapnel wrote:Darling, I would never fondle your sphenoid.
Dr. Cox wrote: People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings.
JamesCannon wrote:Shrapnel, if you were a superhero, you'd be Captain Buzzkill Peener Pain.

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Re: "foe" list suggestion & question

Post by crypto » Sat May 04, 2013 1:05 pm

It's called 'foe' because thats what PHPBB calls it in their bulletin board software.

Since the forums run on PHPBB, we're somewhat constrained by the code its based on. And it gets updated far too frequently for us to go in and change all the instances of 'foe' to 'ignore' in the code every time it gets updated, sorry.

And shrapnel is right, you can't foe a mod or an admin, again due to code constraints, and again we don't maintain a custom codebase for phpbb.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

Return to “Ask ZS”