Weird log in problem

If you have a question for members of the Zombie Squad bring it over here.

If this is a question specifically for an official authorized representative of Zombie Squad, Inc. your best bet will be to e-mail service@zombiehunters.org

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Dawgboy
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the dead, Fido

Re: Weird log in problem

Post by Dawgboy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:22 am

I went through all the steps with my browser, Etc, and still having the issue of getting logged out in about 15 minutes.

I'm not complaining, Admins, just a bug report... Something got messed in your user management...
shrapnel wrote:Dawgboy, please refrain from stirring shit for the sole purpose of stirring shit.
[ZS/]# .40/Pie/CERT/Wireless...
My homebrew stove kit
IMPROVED Solar Redneck Hot tub
Dawgvan
Chupa Chihuahua
GHB

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:44 am

Same here. Still no joy using ie 8.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by the_alias » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:19 am

Regular Guy wrote:Same here. Still no joy using ie 8.
Complaining about accessing modern websites by using IE 8 is like complaining that your bird shot didn't kill the bad guy in your house.

Just sayin'

:awesome:

I'll keep looking for multi-browser fixes though...I know how frustrating it is :)
Man is a beast of prey

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:22 am

:lol:
Yeah, I'm not using ie 8 on purpose. I'm forced to at work. Not a big deal just reporting the issue. :D
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

knedgecko

Post by knedgecko » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:36 pm

This problem has pretty much broken ZS in Opera.
Running Opera version 12.10 in Win7, login will log you in, and as soon as you return to the index (or any other page), you are logged back out again. :ohdear:

Caenus
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: the ones where people turn into zombies

Post by Caenus » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:04 am

My iPhone did it all day yesterday and today until about an hour ago...then it just started working again.
"If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil." - Larry the Cable Guy

Check out my Zombie Novels!; Phoenix Rising; ...and the sequel: Through the Ashes

knedgecko

Post by knedgecko » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:05 am

I'm an idiot, fixed in opera by deleting cookies both from http://www.zombiehunters.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; *and* zombiehunters.org.
once i did that it worked fine again. one or the other, no dice. :crazy:

Griffworks
Favorite Zombie Movies: Romero Dead Movies, Shaun of the Dead

Post by Griffworks » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:34 am

Same problems on my work 'puter. No issues thus far here at home.
Caenus wrote:My iPhone did it all day yesterday and today until about an hour ago...then it just started working again.
I've had problems w/mine as well. Using an iPhone 4, running 6.0.1 OS. Even went in and manually deleted the history and cookies for Safari, as well as did that and shut the phone off. Still No Joy. Pretty annoying, but I guess I'll live so long as I can get online at home, at least.

I'm guessing that this is something to do with ZS doing an update, as this is the ONLY site that I'm having issues with.
"Zombies. Man, they freak me out."

M14fan
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Walking Dead

Post by M14fan » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:48 pm

Problem persists. Havint to repeatedly clear cookies to keep site working.
"It's not always being fast or even accurate that counts. It's being willing.
I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing.
They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger...And I won't." John Wayne in 'The Shootist'

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)

Post by Sckitzo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:47 pm

Huu, something got fixed. Acting normally again and I didn't get around to what Alias suggested. Not sure what happened but I'll take it :lol:

Flying Lead
Location: Alabama-Land of low taxes, lots of guns and more meth labs than you can count!

Post by Flying Lead » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:30 pm

Regular Guy wrote:Same here. Still no joy using ie 8.
IE8 totally wrecked my work computer. I had to format and completely reload.
Never had an issue with IE7, not sure why we went 8.

My computer is working fine with the login. Thanks to whoever fixed it!
The optimist learns English, a pessimist - Chinese, realist exploring a Kalashnikov rifle.-russian survival website
1911nufsaid wrote:I'm not implying you, or anyone on the forum for that matter, is a 'end of world' nut job.
Woods Walker wrote:If their shit was any tighter the carbon within would be turned to diamonds.
Put me down for M14, XD45 and Pie

rivery
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by rivery » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:04 pm

Still having log in problems. I seem to have to clear all cookies everytime or at best every other time I log in. Still getting emails without www.

Griffworks
Favorite Zombie Movies: Romero Dead Movies, Shaun of the Dead

Post by Griffworks » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:44 am

Griffworks wrote:Same problems on my work 'puter. No issues thus far here at home.
Caenus wrote:My iPhone did it all day yesterday and today until about an hour ago...then it just started working again.
I've had problems w/mine as well. Using an iPhone 4, running 6.0.1 OS. Even went in and manually deleted the history and cookies for Safari, as well as did that and shut the phone off. Still No Joy. Pretty annoying, but I guess I'll live so long as I can get online at home, at least.

I'm guessing that this is something to do with ZS doing an update, as this is the ONLY site that I'm having issues with.
Not sure whattup, but my iPhone is now working.

Cleared the Cache and Cookies on the work 'puter and it's loading up fine now, too.

Meh....
"Zombies. Man, they freak me out."

Flying Lead
Location: Alabama-Land of low taxes, lots of guns and more meth labs than you can count!

Post by Flying Lead » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:35 am

Dawgboy wrote:I went through all the steps with my browser, Etc, and still having the issue of getting logged out in about 15 minutes.
Same here. If I stay on the site I stay logged in. If I go away and come back in 30 minutes or the next day I have to log in again. Even made sure the "log in automatic" box was checked. It's better but still has a bug in IE.
The original problem is fixed guys, many thanks for that!
The optimist learns English, a pessimist - Chinese, realist exploring a Kalashnikov rifle.-russian survival website
1911nufsaid wrote:I'm not implying you, or anyone on the forum for that matter, is a 'end of world' nut job.
Woods Walker wrote:If their shit was any tighter the carbon within would be turned to diamonds.

ace of shades

Post by ace of shades » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:15 pm

Flying Lead wrote:
Dawgboy wrote:I went through all the steps with my browser, Etc, and still having the issue of getting logged out in about 15 minutes.
Same here. If I stay on the site I stay logged in. If I go away and come back in 30 minutes or the next day I have to log in again. Even made sure the "log in automatic" box was checked. It's better but still has a bug in IE.
The original problem is fixed guys, many thanks for that!
That is what mine was doing with firefox, but it seems to be working like it did in the long ago
I hear what you're saying - I just don't respect you enough to give a fuck about your opinion

The VolksRodders Forum - cut, weld, drive

Flying Lead

Post by Flying Lead » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Came back tonight and I was still logged in. Looks like we're good, thanks ZS! :clap:

mslmspd2
ZS Member
ZS Member

trouble accessing the forum

Post by mslmspd2 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:39 am

WOW. Glad I got through. I keep trying to sign in and get to my local chapter forum, but EVERY TIME I log in, when I try to navigate to the board index, my control panel, or to a sub-forum, the site automatically reloads and asks for my log-in info again. This is the first time I've been able to log on and get anywhere in about a week. Is anyone else having this kind of trouble? Any suggestions?

mslmspd2
ZSC:0015

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:07 am

All problems appear resolved from my end, including logging on from evil/obsolete IE8. Many thanks to the admins for working so hard on this!

Return to “Ask ZS”