Romero's commentary in his 'of the Dead' films.

If you have a question for members of the Zombie Squad bring it over here.

If this is a question specifically for an official authorized representative of Zombie Squad, Inc. your best bet will be to e-mail service@zombiehunters.org

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

xMrJPx

Romero's commentary in his 'of the Dead' films.

Post by xMrJPx » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:21 am

I'm currently working on a College coursework project on the subject matter above and as part of it I need to get other opinions/critiques of the films so I can talk about other views.
I'm looking at Night, Dawn, Day and Land so for Night racism issues, Day is consumerism etc, but Day and Land I could use some thought on, there's the links to Vietnam and Iraq wars in them but I could use some extra thoughts to pad the argument out.
Thanks,
xMrJPx

Frank

Re: Romero's commentary in his 'of the Dead' films.

Post by Frank » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:33 am

I only watch for da headshotz and zombeez.
KentsOkay wrote:Love how a thread on hiking somehow ends up with twisted balls and lubricating your body in animal grease.
aus.templar wrote:this thread keeps getting worse... or better, I'm not quite sure

xMrJPx

Post by xMrJPx » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:56 am

Helpful bro, cheers. ;)

Hanuman110

Post by Hanuman110 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:20 pm

From wikipedia (but I've heard the same from other sources):

"Some critics have seen social commentary in much of Romero's work. They view Night of the Living Dead as a film made in reaction to the turbulent 1960s, Dawn of the Dead as a satire on consumerism, Day of the Dead as a study of the conflict between science and the military, and Land of the Dead as an examination of class conflict."

Hope that helps.
"...I calculated the odds of this succeeding, vs. the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...then I went ahead anyway."~Crow T. Robot

Return to “Ask ZS”