Signing off…

If you have a question for members of the Zombie Squad bring it over here.

If this is a question specifically for an official authorized representative of Zombie Squad, Inc. your best bet will be to e-mail service@zombiehunters.org
Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Signing off…

Post by Halfapint » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:47 pm

Well ladies and gents, it’s been a good run, I’ve only been a member for 9 years, but the questions everyone has answered, the input given, advise, and the amount of information I got from here has been literally life changing.

I’ve made life long friends online and in person from here.

I’d like to thank everyone one last time before the boards go dark for good.

I know this isn’t ASKING ZS, more like telling ZS.
Join us over at the new forum. Same people, same rules, new smell!

https://ufozs.com/smf/index.php

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Re: Signing off…

Post by 91Eunozs » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:38 am

Thanks Halfapint…. Can’t really top what you’ve so eloquently said, so I’ll just reply with “ditto”

If we ever meet iRL, I’m buying you a whole pint!
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

dogbane

Post by dogbane » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:29 am

Howdy and farewell.

The ZS community was here for me and my family through difficult years, and helped carry me through some very hard things. I received moral and material support, generous gifts I have tried to pay forward at every opportunity.

Thanks to the original Board and mods for creating this space. It was my privilege and nightmare to be a mod for a little while back in the day. Thanks to the community for generally staying inline with the forum rules. :awesome: Thanks to a bunch of people--too many to name--who helped me out and were generous to my son. (SMoAF sent my kid a belt-fed Nerf machine gun for Christmas one year.) Thank you to those who gave me an opportunity to be generous when I could.

Since one of the first things I participated in on the forum was the creation of a morale patch celebrating one of my favorite cranky philosophers, I will step off with his words:

“Benedicto: May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through pastoral valleys tinkling with bells, past temples and castles and poets' towers into a dark primeval forest where tigers belch and monkeys howl, through miasmal and mysterious swamps and down into a desert of red rock, blue mesas, domes and pinnacles and grottos of endless stone, and down again into a deep vast ancient unknown chasm where bars of sunlight blaze on profiled cliffs, where deer walk across the white sand beaches, where storms come and go as lightning clangs upon the high crags, where something strange and more beautiful and more full of wonder than your deepest dreams waits for you -- beyond that next turning of the canyon walls.” ~ Cactus Ed

Vicarious_Lee
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later, Resident Evil 2, Shaun Of The Dead, Bowling For Columbine, Farenheit 911

Post by Vicarious_Lee » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:20 am

11 years of the most tumultuous and disastrous time of my mistake-filled life, and my ZS friends were there for me for all of it. I learned (in MEATWORLD, first-hand, from ZS-ers at one time) to shoot better, prep better, focus on what's important and most likely to happen to you, react better, be more liquid and more mobile, and most importantly: To prepare for all the personal disasters that can occur on all the days there isn't a Zombie Apocalypse, which is all of them so far.

It doesn't make sense to me that these forums are just being shut down, especially as we're entering into what seems to be an even worse and more unstable "Roaring Twenties", globally speaking, but very little of what's going on right now does. Honestly ZS shutting down at this time is just fitting, when everything else going on makes it more relevant than ever.

So I'll share everything I've learned on ZS in as few words as possible:

1. Guns are virtually useless virtually all the time. Like a fire extinguisher, everyone should have a couple of good ones in working order and know how to use them well. Beyond that, you're just indulging a hobby.

2. For everything else, the most important preps are as follows: Cash and assets, physical health and fitness, cash and assets, lack of addictions, cash and assets, reliable transportation, cash and assets, cash and assets, cash and assets, home security, cash and assets, stockpile of any medications for chronic illness, a well prepped bug-out location.

3. It is scientifically proven that most people are not nearly pessimistic enough to match their expectations with reality, and those that are, are usually focusing on the wrong things. AKA the human brain is every bit as much a self-defeating liability as it is an asset and we'd probably all be happier and stand a better chance of survival as sea sponges or jellyfish.

Much love, stay safe, thank you, and goodnight. :cry:
duodecima wrote:The tinfoil's a clever idea...

NT2C
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by NT2C » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:28 am

Not quite a decade... That's how long I've been a member here, at least with this account. There were and still are... spares for starting over again when I sometimes would screw up badly. I guess this place had a good effect on me though since I've not had a need to touch a spare in many years now. Sometimes old dogs can learn new tricks. I even managed to go from PITA know-it-all new user to mod, global mod, and PITA know-it-all admin. I'm really going to hate flipping the switch that locks this place up tonight. It will be my last official act as a ZS admin, mod, and member. I think it's a mistake to close these forums, but it's a mistake the ZS BoD has every right to make if they want to. Best I can do is give my opinion and follow their directives.

The site isn't going to disappear though, it will still be readable, mostly. I've done my best to make sure the important parts, the knowledge stored here, is accessible without an account and visible with the site locked.

To quote one of my favorite authors, "So long, and thanks for all the fish. We apologise for the inconvenience."
With ZS shutting down these forums on July 1st most of the cool kids have moved to a brand new site:

www.ufozs.com

It's not ZS, it's ... different. 8-)

See you there!

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:58 am

Honestly, I've always dreaded the day ZS went dark and it looks like that day is finally here. I hate that the boards are going down, but I guess it was inevitable that they'd go down like so many before them.

It hurts to write what's basically my farewell to a forum I've spent so much time on and became my online home over the years.

Part of me figured the ZS boards would be around long after I became worm food and truth be told, I actually hoped that it would continue on. But now I know that isn't going to happen.

When I first joined ZS, I was a 23 year old guy who knew next to nothing about prepping and life in general. Now here we are 12 years later and I'm a lot more prepared than I was way back then.

I've made some good friends, met some amazing people both online and in real life, laughed, cried and just generally had a lot of fun here.

Yeah, there's been a few times during my 12 years on ZS where I've questioned why I stuck around, but the good times outnumber the bad. And I have my friends here to thank for that.

I want to say to everyone who's interacted with me over the years, thank you for putting up with me and for teaching me how to survive in a not so friendly world. Thank you for all the advice and tips you've shared with me. Thank you for not just brushing me off when I had questions and for taking the time to answer them.

And thank you for giving me a boost to my self esteem and my self confidence over the years. I really appreciate that.

To my friends, especially my Chat thread family, I want to say I love you all very much and thank you for being my friends. You folks were there for me during some rough points in my life and you all mean a lot to me and I thank you for that.

I hate saying goodbye, so I'll just say I'll see you all later. :D

Take care, Zombie Squad, and maybe we'll meet again one day.

12_Gauge_Chimp

ETA: As I'm writing this, I'm listening to Spotify and Semisonic's "Closing Time" song just came on. Seems to be a fitting song for the end of ZS. Well, it seems fitting to me anyway.
To all my friends I've made over the years on ZS, I'll see y'all around.

Thanks for putting up with me since 2009.
:D

Come start a new adventure at http://www.ufozs.com/

SCBrian

Post by SCBrian » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:36 pm

There is nothing I can add here that hasnt been said much better than I can say it, so perhaps a quote before the end...

"...But that is the beginning of a new story -- the story of the gradual renewal of a man, the story of his gradual regeneration, of his passing from one world into another, of his initiation into a new unknown life. That might be the subject of a new story, but our present story is ended.”
The Horde has left these parts and shambled over to ufozs.com ...

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:06 pm

It is in our nature to survive. We hope for the best , but plan for the worst. It's EOTFAWKI. The INCH is shouldered. Boots are on and we're out the door.
But we are not refugees with no destination in mind except away. We have a BOL . https://ufozs.com/ . I'll see you all tomorrow in the clear light of morning there. We're (were) ZS, we got this
John Titor was right

We live in a world in which data convey authority. But authority has a way of descending to certitude, and certitude begets hubris.

Ever

Post by Ever » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:18 pm

flybynight wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:06 pm
It is in our nature to survive. We hope for the best , but plan for the worst. It's EOTFAWKI. The INCH is shouldered. Boots are on and we're out the door.
But we are not refugees with no destination in mind except away. We have a BOL . https://ufozs.com/ . I'll see you all tomorrow in the clear light of morning there. We're (were) ZS, we got this
👏

Dang, that is like the closing scene in a long running series' finalé.

And now the spin-off series at the 'undead' forum of Zombie Squad (https://ufozs.com/smf/) takes the baton

"Tomorrow in the clear light of morning" it is then!

Ever, aka Zombiepreparation, signing out.
. . . . "We're (were) ZS, we got this" -flybynight

Ever, previously known here as 'zombiepreparation'
Member since October 2011

Thank you ZombieSquad for everything!

Thank you Members of ZS here & around the globe who helped me/us prepare for surviving the Pandemic of 2020-2021, & stayed to talk as we went thru it.

zombie hunters are being sighted gathering around campfires at ufozs.com

majorhavoc
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:39 pm

Adios amigos. See you all on the other side!

Vicarious_Lee
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later, Resident Evil 2, Shaun Of The Dead, Bowling For Columbine, Farenheit 911

Post by Vicarious_Lee » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:24 pm

I’m the type of guy to be the one to return to a house I just moved out of one last time. Lot of memories here. I hope we can still access our PMs. Just today I strolled through them and was reminded of just what horrors my friends on this board listened to and helped me get through. I’d forgotten the worst of it.

Well…this is me shutting off the lights to a place that was present for the majority of the most formative moments and events of my adult life. Kinda hard and very bittersweet to walk away from it forever.

Much love and indescribable thanks to all y’all. For all of it.
duodecima wrote:The tinfoil's a clever idea...

tony d tiger

Post by tony d tiger » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:42 pm

NT2C wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:28 am
Not quite a decade... That's how long I've been a member here, at least with this account. There were and still are... spares for starting over again when I sometimes would screw up badly. I guess this place had a good effect on me though since I've not had a need to touch a spare in many years now. Sometimes old dogs can learn new tricks. I even managed to go from PITA know-it-all new user to mod, global mod, and PITA know-it-all admin. I'm really going to hate flipping the switch that locks this place up tonight. It will be my last official act as a ZS admin, mod, and member. I think it's a mistake to close these forums, but it's a mistake the ZS BoD has every right to make if they want to. Best I can do is give my opinion and follow their directives.

The site isn't going to disappear though, it will still be readable, mostly. I've done my best to make sure the important parts, the knowledge stored here, is accessible without an account and visible with the site locked.

To quote one of my favorite authors, "So long, and thanks for all the fish. We apologise for the inconvenience."
:oh: you can have "spares?!"

:words: :words: :words:
Tony D Tiger

NT2C
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by NT2C » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:58 pm

tony d tiger wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:42 pm
No, that's against the rules. Guess I better ban myself. :ohdear:
With ZS shutting down these forums on July 1st most of the cool kids have moved to a brand new site:

www.ufozs.com

It's not ZS, it's ... different. 8-)

See you there!

tony d tiger

Post by tony d tiger » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:59 pm

NT2C wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:58 pm
tony d tiger wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:42 pm
No, that's against the rules. Guess I better ban myself. :ohdear:
Sorry, man. :twisted: Not sorry. :mrgreen:
Tony D Tiger

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:05 pm

Goodby good friends. I hate to see the end here. I look forward to our time at our new home.
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Goodby ZS. I miss thee so.

New forum: ufozs.com

Barr
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Holy Trilogy of Dawn, Night and Day, Land of the Dead, Survival of the Dead, Diary of the Dead, Fido, Shaun of the Dead, hell all of them really

Post by Barr » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:17 am

Vicarious_Lee wrote:Fuck it I'm Zombie Squad. I got this shit