Is the End Nigh?

If you have a question for members of the Zombie Squad bring it over here.

If this is a question specifically for an official authorized representative of Zombie Squad, Inc. your best bet will be to e-mail service@zombiehunters.org

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

moab

Re: Is the End Nigh?

Post by moab » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:31 am

raptor wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:05 pm
I registered at the site also.

Thank you Moab!

BTW the other rally point is altemail@gmail.com the account name shows up as brian lee...not me but it works. :D
Thanks bud. I was looking for that in the thread and couldn't find it. I'm wondering if we should make a separate post titled "Rally point for if the site ever goes down." Or words to that effect? I'll let you or someone else make that judgement. I doubt many will find our links in this thread. (That's a cool email address too. How did you get that? lol.)
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:30 am

moab wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:31 am
raptor wrote:

Thank you Moab!

BTW the other rally point is altemail@gmail.com the account name shows up as brian lee...not me but it works. :D
Thanks bud. I was looking for that in the thread and couldn't find it. I'm wondering if we should make a separate post titled "Rally point for if the site ever goes down." Or words to that effect? I'll let you or someone else make that judgement. I doubt many will find our links in this thread. (That's a cool email address too. How did you get that? lol.)
Isn't that like, "text me if your phone battery dies". :mrgreen:
Although having a backup site is what ZS is all about isn't it? 2 is one and one is none and all that.

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:05 am

Actually I misspelled the email address zsaltemail@gmail.com

:oops:

Thanks for asking the question of how I got that email address.

moab wrote:
raptor wrote:

Thank you Moab!

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:01 am

raptor wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:05 am
Actually I misspelled the email address zsaltemail@gmail.com

:oops:

Thanks for asking the question of how I got that email address.

moab wrote:
raptor wrote:

Thank you Moab!

Gee, maybe you could get a mod to go back and edit what you posted to fix the email address... :mrgreen:
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

JF89
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Post by JF89 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:54 pm

Well, im new here. I signed up a few months ago ,mainly for the zombies. So far I havnt seen any post on zombies or anything by zombies, not going to lie ,kind of disappointing.
This place is still pretty neat, if you guys do set up something in case this place goes dark I would like to know. Hopefully things pick up though this place seems pretty legit, too bad I didnt find this forum back in iys hay day.

moab

Post by moab » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:24 pm

JF89 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:54 pm
Well, im new here. I signed up a few months ago ,mainly for the zombies. So far I havnt seen any post on zombies or anything by zombies, not going to lie ,kind of disappointing.
This place is still pretty neat, if you guys do set up something in case this place goes dark I would like to know. Hopefully things pick up though this place seems pretty legit, too bad I didnt find this forum back in iys hay day.
Ya the names a bit misleading. The owner's intention was a natural disaster/search and rescue/prepping forum IMHO. So the Zombie thing was mistaken by some people perhaps. I'm more of a prepper/bug out/inch guy myself. It's a pretty wide spectrum here though. The commonality is the respect we show one another. And the immense help. Everyone on here is nice. And if anyone not nice shows up we all sort of lead them to the door. lol. I think the average IQ around hear is also on the high side for forums in general. Heck for the internet in general. No one here is stupid. It gets called out pretty quickly. So I don't mind that this site isn't overloaded with participants. The people that are here and that have stayed are good people.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

JF89
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by JF89 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:37 pm

moab wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:24 pm
JF89 wrote:
Ya the names a bit misleading. The owner's intention was a natural disaster/search and rescue/prepping forum IMHO. So the Zombie thing was mistaken by some people perhaps. I'm more of a prepper/bug out/inch guy myself. It's a pretty wide spectrum here though. The commonality is the respect we show one another. And the immense help. Everyone on here is nice. And if anyone not nice shows up we all sort of lead them to the door. lol. I think the average IQ around hear is also on the high side for forums in general. Heck for the internet in general. No one here is stupid. It gets called out pretty quickly. So I don't mind that this site isn't overloaded with participants. The people that are here and that have stayed are good people.
I like the "no political talk" stuff too. Too much of that crap on most forums and its always ugly, kind of a nice change up. I just wish the search engine worked better, its not very accurate or helpful. One thing noobs dont care for is starting a topic than getting told "this has been done a 1000 times before, read more post less". I mean how can you even find posts without spending 15+ minutes digging for stuff?

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:53 pm

JF89 wrote:
No zombies? I'll have you know I was approving your first few messages before I even had my coffee. Me without coffee is as close to a zombie as you want to get.
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:01 pm

JF89 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:37 pm
moab wrote:
JF89 wrote:
I like the "no political talk" stuff too. Too much of that crap on most forums and its always ugly, kind of a nice change up. I just wish the search engine worked better, its not very accurate or helpful. One thing noobs dont care for is starting a topic than getting told "this has been done a 1000 times before, read more post less". I mean how can you even find posts without spending 15+ minutes digging for stuff?
I think that you'll find on here that if you, as a "noob" post something that has been covered 1,000 times before you'll be directed to where it was done previously and your post will be locked and put in the graveyard. No muss, no fuss, no black marks against you or rabid "in your face" types mocking you. Just non-judgemental assistance to the information you were looking for. And while we will usually comment on an old thread being brought to life again, we'll also make new comments in it and respond to you about your concerns. The attitude is more of the "Oh yes, we've covered this topic, let me show you where" type than anything else, and no newbie on here has ever gotten into trouble by asking for help finding something. :wink:

JF89
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by JF89 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:19 pm

NT2C wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:01 pm
JF89 wrote:
moab wrote:
JF89 wrote:
I think that you'll find on here that if you, as a "noob" post something that has been covered 1,000 times before you'll be directed to where it was done previously and your post will be locked and put in the graveyard. No muss, no fuss, no black marks against you or rabid "in your face" types mocking you. Just non-judgemental assistance to the information you were looking for. And while we will usually comment on an old thread being brought to life again, we'll also make new comments in it and respond to you about your concerns. The attitude is more of the "Oh yes, we've covered this topic, let me show you where" type than anything else, and no newbie on here has ever gotten into trouble by asking for help finding something. :wink:
Good to know, thanks. a lot of forums are not so welcoming, I can think of one that issues warnings/points if it happens more than once.

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:48 pm

JF89 wrote:
moab wrote:
JF89 wrote:
It's easier to google whatever question or topic you want to know about Example Best melee weapon,zombie squad

Best Anti-Zombie Melee Weapons - Page 4 - Zombie Squad - Zombie ...
https://www.zombiehunters.org › Board index › Survival Equipment › Other Weapons

Dec 19, 2010 - Brooklyn Smasher by Cold Steel...I've had one for years, and the thing is indestructible... I've been swinging a bat for 40 years, so I don't need ...
WAR CLUB cool melee weapons - Page 3 - Zombie Squad
Mar 5, 2013
One Problem i have with Melee weapons - Page 3 - Zombie Squad ...
Nov 20, 2011
melee weapons of choice - Page 6 - Zombie Squad
Jul 17, 2009
Ideal melee weapon - Page 4 - Zombie Squad
Dec 19, 2008
More results from www.zombiehunters.org

The paste doesn't show that those were all hyperlinks
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:56 pm

I was told to be sure and put "Zombie Squad" (with quotes) in the search parameters.

Welcome to ZS! :D

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:00 pm

JF89 wrote:
You've checked the fiction boards? There's some really good zombie stories. Written by people who know weapons, bushcraft, prepping ect.

My favorite story here is still
Mom's Journal of the Zombie Years
viewtopic.php?f=113&t=35300

But there are plenty of others

John Titor was right

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:02 pm

flybynight wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:00 pm
My favorite story here is still - Mom's Journal of the Zombie Years

The Best!

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:15 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:02 pm
flybynight wrote:
My favorite story here is still - Mom's Journal of the Zombie Years

The Best!
I found that one to daunting. I don't have a lot of time to read anymore (I used to read all the fiction at work. Employee of the year here!), but now I don't have the time. I also used to read it on my commute, but since I moved out of the city I have to drive, and mister osifer doesn't like it when I'm reading on my phone and driving. So unfortunately I gave up on that story.

However I did start reading from the beginning both The Dead at Destitute Mountain and Doing Time. Both of those are long ( but not nearly as long as MJOTZY. My favorite hands down is TDaDM, it's got me hooked. I wont lie, I kind of freaked out when the boards went down. The thought of not being able to continue that story to fruition gave me anxiety!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

JF89
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by JF89 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:20 pm

flybynight wrote:
JF89 wrote:
You've checked the fiction boards? There's some really good zombie stories. Written by people who know weapons, bushcraft, prepping ect.

My bad, that zombie stuff was more of a troll remark lol I lurked here for awhile before signing up.

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:26 pm

JF89 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:20 pm
flybynight wrote:
JF89 wrote:

My bad, that zombie stuff was more of a troll remark lol I lurked here for awhile before signing up.
Dick :vmad: :lol:

John Titor was right

JF89
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by JF89 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:41 pm

flybynight wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:26 pm
JF89 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:20 pm
flybynight wrote:
JF89 wrote:

Dick :vmad: :lol:
Ive been called worse.

JF89
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by JF89 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:30 pm

So ive been reading through a lot of th old threads in the rifle section and one thing ive noticed is a lot of the users left in 2015. Is that coincidence or was there a big ritual sacrafice that you dont tell us noobs about when we sign up?

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:06 pm

JF89 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:30 pm
So ive been reading through a lot of th old threads in the rifle section and one thing ive noticed is a lot of the users left in 2015. Is that coincidence or was there a big ritual sacrafice that you dont tell us noobs about when we sign up?
I know for me 2015 was a big year because I started grad school.

But then again, I don't think there was a mass exodus from the forum to go to class...

I think the Walking Dead jumping the shark had a lot to do with it. Plus I think the "prepping" and firearms communities settled into a cookie-cutter-group-think philosophy (for better and for worse).

What I mean by that is, when I starting researching guns heavily again in around 2009-2012, there was a lot of different ideologies that were being thrown around by the prepping and survivalist communities. These trends were then snuffed out as being not as ideal as other trends. Things like single shot rifles with conversion kits were the rage. Good imported AKs were plentiful to keep the AK vs AR debate alive. Shotguns and .22s were the preppers best friends. There was "the list" for ARs were Colt was the only viable option and BCM and DD were for hipsters.

But as the market changed and years progressed, everyone started to adopt a similar mindset about firearms for defense and prepping.

Training, high traffic and repsected personalities on youtube's opinions, panic buying of the market, and real world situations basically morphed from a diverse and fun dialogue to:

"Get a Glock and an AR. You can't do better for less money". It's solid advice, but there are only so many times you can debate the same things, which inevitably leads to most people coming to the conclusion of getting an AR and a Glock and there isn't much more big things to talk about.

At least that's my theory on why the forum traffic dipped. Because prepping is cool, but firearms prepping is the most glorified.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

moab

Post by moab » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:02 pm

I think there was a panic before 2015. And then the zombie craze hit. And then the panic and zombie thing settled around 2015. And then serious prepping has surged since then with trump and global warming. But its about real prepping and bugging out now. Not the zombie craze.

The problem is we are not called the prepping and bugging out forum. Which i personally think we are. With the exception of some great writing. We are called the zombie hunters. Which i dont think is taken very seriously these days. And i think people have gotten more serious since trump. Its not a funny tv show/movie thing anymore. No longer a fantasy. People are genuinely concerned about the future and serious disasters. Including but not limited to all out global warfare.

So here we sit. A group of serious preppers and bug out people. In a fantasy named group about killing zombies. With a mission statement based on search and rescue. Which further complicates the matter.

If i had to rename the group today it would be more accurately named after something relating to "intelligent preppers and bug out people". Not some zombie fantasy.

We just this week had a new member who came here expecting to read and have discourse about a variety of zombie topics. Only to find out it was a group of pretty smart and nice preppers. I don't think he's alone. Just like i think there are many serious preppers not interested in zombie fantasy. That don't see our name as conjuring up anything about "serious prepper talk from intelligent people".

I don't think we should be surprised about the membership drop off. As our title could not be more misleading. There are still diehard zombie fans. But that is enjoyed and seen as more of a fantasy subject. Rather than a serious organization about seriously prepping for future disasters.

Even if you're still in the camp that says "i am only prepping for a local disaster". "Zombiehunters" does not indicate a serious interest even in prepping for limited local disasters. It sounds like a group of zombie movie and tv fans.

So I'm not surprised membership has fallen off.

I think there are other serious preppers out there. Who no longer see prepping as a novelty. Who are both fun, intelligent and serious. But our name and mission statement does not communicate that.

Its been an ongoing discussion here for years. "ZS" and "Zombiehunters" was a cute metaphor several years ago. And is no doubt graphically pleasing. That was able to blend zombie fans and serious preppers. I just don't think the zombie fan is as strong as the serious prepper fan is now. But either way we don't effectively communicate to either group. Cause in reality we are a prepping forum with a zombie section. But we advertise ourselves, via the name, as a zombie fantasy group.

Which is to bad. Because what this forum really is - the people that are here and what they talk about - is mostly serious prepping talk in a polite, no politics or religion format. I've joined so many other prepping forums. And this one, except for the name, provides the exact opposite to so many forums that are dedicated to talking about prepping but with a hard political or religious bent.

Were a place where friendly intelligence prevails. "Zombiehunters" conveys the opposite - a fantasy forum about a fantasy idea - zombies.

Don't ask me what the name should be. Because one, i don't have one that conveys "intelligent prepping discussion without politics or religion". And two, i don't think the owners have any interest in rebranding. Which is too bad. Because what they started has become even more meaningful than what they probably initially thought.

The discourse here is fair, very informative, free of religion and politics and very smart. About prepping. And you honestly can't find that anyplace else.

JF89
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by JF89 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:28 pm

moab wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:02 pm
I think there was a panic before 2015. And then the zombie craze hit. And then the panic and zombie thing settled around 2015. And then serious prepping has surged since then with trump and global warming. But its about real prepping and bugging out now. Not the zombie craze.

The problem is we are not called the prepping and bugging out forum. Which i personally think we are. With the exception of some great writing. We are called the zombie hunters. Which i dont think is taken very seriously these days. And i think people have gotten more serious since trump. Its not a funny tv show/movie thing anymore. No longer a fantasy. People are genuinely concerned about the future and serious disasters. Including but not limited to all out global warfare.

So here we sit. A group of serious preppers and bug out people. In a fantasy named group about killing zombies. With a mission statement based on search and rescue. Which further complicates the matter.

If i had to rename the group today it would be more accurately named after something relating to "intelligent preppers and bug out people". Not some zombie fantasy.

We just this week had a new member who came here expecting to read and have discourse about a variety of zombie topics. Only to find out it was a group of pretty smart and nice preppers. I don't think he's alone. Just like i think there are many serious preppers not interested in zombie fantasy. That don't see our name as conjuring up anything about "serious prepper talk from intelligent people".

I don't think we should be surprised about the membership drop off. As our title could not be more misleading. There are still diehard zombie fans. But that is enjoyed and seen as more of a fantasy subject. Rather than a serious organization about seriously prepping for future disasters.

Even if you're still in the camp that says "i am only prepping for a local disaster". "Zombiehunters" does not indicate a serious interest even in prepping for limited local disasters. It sounds like a group of zombie movie and tv fans.

So I'm not surprised membership has fallen off.

I think there are other serious preppers out there. Who no longer see prepping as a novelty. Who are both fun, intelligent and serious. But our name and mission statement does not communicate that.

Its been an ongoing discussion here for years. "ZS" and "Zombiehunters" was a cute metaphor several years ago. And is no doubt graphically pleasing. That was able to blend zombie fans and serious preppers. I just don't think the zombie fan is as strong as the serious prepper fan is now. But either way we don't effectively communicate to either group. Cause in reality we are a prepping forum with a zombie section. But we advertise ourselves, via the name, as a zombie fantasy group.

Which is to bad. Because what this forum really is - the people that are here and what they talk about - is mostly serious prepping talk in a polite, no politics or religion format. I've joined so many other prepping forums. And this one, except for the name, provides the exact opposite to so many forums that are dedicated to talking about prepping but with a hard political or religious bent.

Were a place where friendly intelligence prevails. "Zombiehunters" conveys the opposite - a fantasy forum about a fantasy idea - zombies.

Don't ask me what the name should be. Because one, i don't have one that conveys "intelligent prepping discussion without politics or religion". And two, i don't think the owners have any interest in rebranding. Which is too bad. Because what they started has become even more meaningful than what they probably initially thought.

The discourse here is fair, very informative, free of religion and politics and very smart. About prepping. And you honestly can't find that anyplace else.
I was the one talking about zombies, I lurked here for a year or two before signing up so I knew what this place is about. The general attitude here is better than most survival forums ,I havnt seen any "circle jerk" mentality like a lot these type of forums suffer from. Hopefully this place catches a second wind.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:31 pm

I've seen more people posting in the last week than the last several weeks combined. The number of posts is up too, but we are getting more people talking about different things. That is pretty cool.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:55 pm

Spot On moab! Thank you for our post!

Return to “Ask ZS”