North Korea Saber Rattling

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Stercutus

Re: North Korea Saber Rattling

Post by Stercutus » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:37 am

It is well known that NORK State controlled Media waits until major events end to publish its first reports.
Kind of water under the bridge since the event is over. I don't read Bloomberg due to Bloomberg's stance on... just about everything. Mostly I peruse the AP wire reports giving a little more depth to things as different reporters cover the same event differently.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

NamelessStain

Post by NamelessStain » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:52 am

NamelessStain wrote:I only wish NK/SK continued successes in the future toward a denuclearized peninsula.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
+1
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

Hiroshima_Morphine
Favorite Zombie Movies: Gone With The Wind - wait maybe I just felt
like a zombie after watching it for the 100th time as a kid.

Post by Hiroshima_Morphine » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:58 am

NamelessStain wrote:
NamelessStain wrote:I only wish NK/SK continued successes in the future toward a denuclearized peninsula.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
+1
+1

What happened to the thumbs up/thank button?
Commies to the left of me, Nazis to the right
Here I am stuck in the middle... with you?

Twitter: @AnonymityGone

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:35 am

Hiroshima_Morphine wrote:What happened to the thumbs up/thank button?
North Korean A.I. hacked the forum...

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=121533

I don't know anything about this kinda stuff, but going by how a lot of members have older avatars displayed, I believe TPTB had to use an old (pre-like button) version of the forum to get it back up and running.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:06 pm

Stercutus wrote:Kind of water under the bridge since the event is over. I don't read Bloomberg due to Bloomberg's stance on... just about everything. Mostly I peruse the AP wire reports giving a little more depth to things as different reporters cover the same event differently.

Oh, Associated Press? They write fluff pieces about "troubled" jihadists (see example below). They tend to write editorials rather than actual news stories so never rely on them for accurate stories on North Korea or anywhere else for that matter.

Just look at the "AP Stylebook" which censors some words and phrases while requiring sanitized, leftist-PC replacements.

" Militant, lone wolves or attackers are to be used instead of terrorist or Islamist. "

Story Example where a "troubled youth" just quietly drifts into being a jihadist.:

Troubled Berlin attack suspect sought better life in Europe,” Associated Press, December 22, 2016:

OUESLATIA, Tunisia – Desperate and drifting, Anis Amri took the path trodden by countless other North African teenagers: an illegal boat journey to Europe in hopes of a better life. He fell into crime instead — and is now suspect No. 1 in the deadly Berlin truck rampage claimed by the Islamic State group.

In his impoverished Tunisian hometown, Amri's stunned family doesn't know whether to defend him or disown him. One brother urged Amri to turn himself in to police.

"I want the truth to be revealed about my son. If he is the perpetrator of the attack, let him assume his responsibilities and I'll renounce him before God. If he didn't do anything, I want my son's rights to be restored," his mother, Nour El Houda Hassani, told The Associated Press on Thursday.

Distraught neighbors are surprised that Amri is suspected of such a heinous act. Yet the town is all too familiar with the threat of radicalism: Several of its sons, recruited by radical preachers, have died fighting in Syria and Libya.

His mother said she saw no sign that Amri had radicalized. In recent phone conversations, she said, he played Tunisian music and "asked about ordinary family news, and showed us meals he was preparing."

"Either someone stole his papers and left them under the seat so that he would be incriminated, or they want to show that it's this dog of the Islamic State group at the origin of this attack," she said.

His sister Najoua insisted the family has "nothing to do with terrorism" but acknowledged that her brother "is no angel."

After dropping out of school in eighth grade, Anis Amri drank and fell to petty theft, his mother said.

"His father and I are disabled. So he was forced to steal to emigrate and get ... goods that young people dream of," she said.

The central town of Oueslatia, 220 kilometers (137 miles) from the capital of Tunis, is surrounded by mountains in one of the country's poorest. It has especially high youth unemployment, and with no leisure activities or bars, young people gather in the fields to drink beer and wine away from their parents' disapproving eyes.

Amri was convicted of stealing a truck in Tunisia and of burning down a migrant center in Italy, his mother said. But he was able to work small jobs while in an Italian prison, and sent money home. Italian authorities called him a problem inmate who had to be transferred to six different Sicilian prisons for bullying other prisoners and trying to spark rebellions.

"When he got out, he called us to say that he could not find work, and he was leaving for another country," his mother said. He tried and failed in Switzerland, so went to Germany instead.

Somewhere along the way, he appears to have been radicalized. German officials deemed Amri a potential threat and kept him under covert surveillance for six months this year. Now they say Amri's fingerprints were found on the truck used in Monday's attack, which killed 12 people and wounded 56. German authorities say they think he drove the truck.

"Whether he did it or not, I ask him to report to the police," his brother, Abdelkader Amri, told the AP in Oueslatia. "We are worried. We have no information about his location."

Amri's trajectory reflects the tumult in his country since he came into adulthood. He fled as Tunisia turned from a police state into a democracy in a chaotic 2011 uprising that spread across the Arab world. But Amri's prospects in the free world weren't as rosy as he'd hoped — much as Tunisia's freedom has been rockier than many hoped, marred by violence and economic troubles.

Abdelkader Amri urged other youths to be wary of extremists.

"I want to ask Tunisian youth to be aware of this phenomenon. I want to ... ask them not to be influenced by the opinions of terrorist groups," he said. "We are living a real misery."

Amri last spoke to his family on Friday. He remains at large.
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:35 pm

Exactly. It makes perusal easy when they publish the code word book and have a forum explaining what they are trying to say. Sometimes you have no clue what the others are even trying to say.
Shall be my brother

Hiroshima_Morphine
Favorite Zombie Movies: Gone With The Wind - wait maybe I just felt
like a zombie after watching it for the 100th time as a kid.

Post by Hiroshima_Morphine » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:49 pm

RickOShea wrote:

I don't know anything about this kinda stuff, but going by how a lot of members have older avatars displayed, I believe TPTB had to use an old (pre-like button) version of the forum to get it back up and running.
Thanks Rick-

I just got back from one of my virtual walk-abouts.
Commies to the left of me, Nazis to the right
Here I am stuck in the middle... with you?

Twitter: @AnonymityGone

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:06 pm

RickOShea wrote:

The NORKS needed to lock down this thread to prevent the POTUS from accessing it during the conference and gleaning valuable insights and negotiating points.
Shall be my brother

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:37 pm

Stercutus wrote:
RickOShea wrote:

The NORKS needed to lock down this thread to prevent the POTUS from accessing it during the conference and gleaning valuable insights and negotiating points.
I assumed it was part of a trial run....in preparation for the N.K. caused zombie apocalypse that's supposed to pop off this coming Monday.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:22 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Stercutus wrote:
RickOShea wrote:

I assumed it was part of a trial run....in preparation for the N.K. caused zombie apocalypse that's supposed to pop off this coming Monday.
It all makes sense now. I've had this strange recurring dream of the zombie apocalypse starting on the 18th . And the zombies are Nork paratrooper zombies with large back packs filled with books that wouldn't sell on Amazon . And they would throw the books at people while running amok through the streets of everyday USA. While chanting in Unison FREE JAMAL... FREE JAMAL... FREE JAMAL. And then this incredibly beautiful girl turns to me and slowly removes her..... oh wait that was another dream that didn't include zombies :crazy:
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:31 pm

Stercutus wrote:The NORKS needed to lock down this thread to prevent the POTUS from accessing it during the conference and gleaning valuable insights and negotiating points.
Oh gawd, please stop. Made me LOL!

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:42 pm

flybynight wrote: And then this incredibly beautiful NORK ZOMBIE girl turns to me and slowly removes her.....EYEBALLS

Fixed it for you. On topic now, heh :mrgreen:

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:32 am

flybynight wrote:
RickOShea wrote: I assumed it was part of a trial run....in preparation for the N.K. caused zombie apocalypse that's supposed to pop off this coming Monday.
It all makes sense now. I've had this strange recurring dream of the zombie apocalypse starting on the 18th . And the zombies are Nork paratrooper zombies with large back packs filled with books that wouldn't sell on Amazon . And they would throw the books at people while running amok through the streets of everyday USA. While chanting in Unison FREE JAMAL... FREE JAMAL... FREE JAMAL. And then this incredibly beautiful girl turns to me and slowly removes her..... oh wait that was another dream that didn't include zombies :crazy:
I have all the heavy artillery sitting on the sofa ready to go. The wife thinks I am just to lazy to put it away after my last range trip. She will be so pleasantly surprised when the NORK zombies show up and we can easily lay them to rest without even going to the gun safe.
Shall be my brother

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:39 am

Stercutus wrote:I have all the heavy artillery sitting on the sofa ready to go. The wife thinks I am just to lazy to put it away after my last range trip. She will be so pleasantly surprised when the NORK zombies show up and we can easily lay them to rest without even going to the gun safe.

The coffee table at Stercutus Manor :mrgreen:

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:48 pm

teotwaki wrote:
flybynight wrote: And then this incredibly beautiful NORK ZOMBIE girl turns to me and slowly removes her.....EYEBALLS

Fixed it for you. On topic now, heh :mrgreen:
oh wait that was another dream that didn't include zombies
when did I ever stay on topic?
Hey btw , do you remember pup n taco's ?
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:50 pm

flybynight wrote:Hey btw , do you remember pup n taco's ?

I ate some when in North Korea

------------

I sort of recall but Taco Bell bought their lots and shut them down

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:09 pm

https://nypost.com/2018/06/23/north-kor ... ropaganda/

Winston and Julia are working some serious overtime at the Ministry of Truth to get all this cleaned up.
Shall be my brother

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:42 pm

US Dept. of State - North Korea (Democratic People's Republic of Korea) Travel Advisory
North Korea (Democratic People's Republic of Korea) Travel Advisory

Travel Advisory January 10, 2018 North Korea - Level 4: Do Not Travel

Do not travel to North Korea due to the serious risk of arrest and long-term detention of U.S. nationals.

Individuals cannot use a U.S. passport to travel to, in, or through North Korea without a special validation from the Department of State.

Special validations are granted only in very limited circumstances. More information on how to apply for the special validation is available here.

The U.S. government is unable to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens in North Korea as it does not have diplomatic or consular relations with North Korea. Sweden serves as the protecting power for the United States in North Korea, providing limited emergency services. The North Korean government routinely delays or denies Swedish officials access to detained U.S. citizens.

Due to risks to civil aviation operating within or in the vicinity of North Korea, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has issued a Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) and/or a Special Federal Aviation Regulation (SFAR). For more information U.S. citizens should consult the Federal Aviation Administration’s Prohibitions, Restrictions and Notices.

Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page.

If you receive a special validation to travel to North Korea:

Draft a will and designate appropriate insurance beneficiaries and/or power of attorney.

Discuss a plan with loved ones regarding care/custody of children, pets, property, belongings, non-liquid assets (collections, artwork, etc.), funeral wishes, etc.

Visit our website for Travel to High-Risk Areas.

Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.

Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.

U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Various links are at the website. Do not urinate on the happy mounds.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:26 pm

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:33 am

On this day in 2006, the DPRK conducted it's first test of it's nuclear arsenal.

Return to “Disasters in Current Events”